Dads & Dads-to-be

Guilty Pleasures (Music Edition)

I'm not a music snob by any means, but...

What music do you enjoy listening to when no one else is around? Something you're kind of ashamed to admit.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Guilty Pleasures (Music Edition)

• Probably dub step, simply because the only person I know that likes it is my brother in law and he's 8 years younger than me.

Other than that, I own up to my love for 80's power ballads, early 90's dance, and crunk.

• I still listen to Limp Bizkit and Orgy.

It reminds me of how big of a douche I was in high school.

But I've always been a fan of Mariah Carey and Pink.
  • Loading the player...
  • futant462futant462 member
    edited August 2013
    I still listen to Limp Bizkit and Orgy. It reminds me of how big of a douche I was in high school. But I've always been a fan of Mariah Carey and Pink.
    I just saw Limp Bizkit in concert in May, and they were fucking awesome!  Three Dollar Bill is still a great album even if they became a parody of themselves.  Orgy on the other hand...blech.

• I didn't realize they were on tour. I'd like to see them again. I saw them when they headlined Family Values in 99/00?

• I never saw them in their heyday, and they're touring with all the original members, except DJ Lethal.  They played a lot of stuff from the first album and did a cover of Killing in the Name by Rage.  They've been touring in small clubs so I saw them in a place that held only a few hundred people.  

• Awesome. Wes is the shit. I will have to look them up and see If they are coming around here.

I always think of the hidden track on Significant Other when Ben Stiller is making fun of DJ Lethal.

"DJ Lethal? What kind of name is that? Did your momma use to say, oh little DJ Lethal?"

"I'm limping with the bizkit"
  • ColtsdadColtsdad member
    edited August 2013
    Speaking of Wes Borland, did anyone catch his side project Big Dumb Face?  Interesting stuff.

Off all the bands in that era, they are one of the few I missed.  The one year the played our local radio festival, I was out of town.  They tore up the rental equipment on the 2nd stage during their set and were banned from playing the largest venue in the area for quite a while.

In terms of guilty pleasures... strangely, I found myself liking the 1st Ashley Simpson CD, or at least the bulk of it.  There are also a couple of Kelly Clarkson songs that aren't bad... Since U Been Gone being the main one.  It may, or may not exist on my iTunes.
  • Since you've been gone is a great track even though I swear they stole the guitar loop from the Yeah Yeah Yeahs.
  • Falco is the shit.

At least Amadeus is.
  • I will have to check it out. I'm only familiar with Amadeus. What are some other good Falco songs? I love 80's music.
  • Linkin Park is definitely a guilty pleasure of mine.

There's some Top 40 radio that I like, which is a guilty pleasure. So Ke$ha's latest, some of Katy Perry's stuff... Of course there's a lot on Top 40 that makes me change the station instantly too.

Oh, and the soundtrack to Moulin Rouge. I'm a sucker for musical medleys.
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhqjipgCIAAOz7H.jpg
    -My son was born in April 2012. He pretty much rules.
  • I can't believe Linkin Park has stayed relevant this long. Props to them.

I saw them with Cypress Hill back in the day.
  • For me it will have to be either polkas or Scottish bag pipes.  I usually have to listen to this type of music alone.

A friend of mine while in college got some one to turn down their radio (she was living on the first floor and they were on the third or fourth floor) by playing Scottish bag pipe music with the boom box up against the pipes so it went through out the whole dorm.  After 30 minutes the people who were playing their music way too loud cried uncle and never did that again during the semester.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Jonathan Davis plays a mean bag pipe.

How long have you been listening to bag pipe music? And to what extent? Do you have a favorite composer?

• I don't have a favorite composer for bag pipes.  I don't listen that often but I do have a CD that has some of the more popular Scottish tunes.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I can't help but think of the Simpsons when I hear Amadeus by Falco.

Dr. Zaius Dr. Zaius...oooohhhh Dr. Zaius!

• @jack19

I have after the fires version on iTunes. I will check out those Falco songs. Dude is trippy.
  • Anyone a Bloodhound Gang fan?

If so, you might have heard Mope.

"We gonna drop this next bomb for a money makin player who ain't with us no more"

"Yeah...Notorious B.I.G"

"Hell no, we going to do it for a gang banging thug that never saw it coming"

"Yeah...tupac shakur"

"Nah Bitch, I'm talking about motherfucking Falco and shit"

"What? Falco?"

"Rock me Amadeus"
  • Own their 1st 3 CDs and seen them live... an interesting experience.
  • Sandy CohenSandy Cohen member
    edited August 2013
    Coltsdad said:

Own their 1st 3 CDs and seen them live... an interesting experience.

I have never had the pleasure to see them live. How was it?

Hefty Fine is worth picking up if you're a fan.
  • They were good live, very all over the place.  They had a guy go on stage to try to drink an entire 12 pack of warm Diet Dr. Pepper, the bass player ran out into the lawn during one of the songs to try to crowd surf from one side all the way to the other (he failed).  A great deal of comedy during and in between songs.  This was probably around 2001.
  • Coltsdad said:
    They were good live, very all over the place.  They had a guy go on stage to try to drink an entire 12 pack of warm Diet Dr. Pepper, the bass player ran out into the lawn during one of the songs to try to crowd surf from one side all the way to the other (he failed).  A great deal of comedy during and in between songs.  This was probably around 2001.
    Didn't they churn through drummers?

I'm not shocked there was a lot of comedy. Their bits in between songs were actually pretty good.
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhqjipgCIAAOz7H.jpg
    -My son was born in April 2012. He pretty much rules.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"