Breastfeeding

XP: mini-pill

I have been taking the mini-pill for a little over a week now and missed my pill on Saturday in the craziness of dropping DH at the airport and packing my ILs up so they could drive back to Arkansas.  I didn't have the paperwork that told me what to do when I missed a pill and I got distracted since I've been a single parent while DH is at a conference.  Once I finally got around to looking it up (today) I found that I should've taken Saturdays pill as soon as I remembered.  I didn't do that (I skipped Saturday all together) and now I've been spotting for 2 days straight.

I'm not worried about getting pg at this point, because you have to have sex for that to happen, but I don't want to be spotting for the rest of this cycle. Does anyone else have experience with this?  Will the spotting go away after I've taken the pills consistently for a couple more days? 

Also, has anyone had bad headaches while on the mini-pill?  I had HORRIBLE side effects from the regular pill a long time ago and actually started to FAM to get off them.  I'm hoping that I'm not heading down that same road because my schedule is nowhere near predictable enough for FAM with the late-night feedings, etc.

Re: XP: mini-pill

• I did have spotting when I started the mini-pill.  Give it a couple months for your body to adjust.  If you're nursing and your period hasn't returned your chances of getting pg are unlikely.
  • i had horrible headaches with bcp in the past and on month 2 of the mini-pill they returned so i had to stop taking it. ?sorry, i don't have an answer for your missed pills/spotting ?.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"