July 2013 Moms
Options

getting Mirena tomorrow

I have my pp check tomorrow and will be having Mirena put in. I'm nervous about the actual procedure. Anyone care to give me the cold hard truth? How bad does it hurt? I'm sure I'm being a big baby, especially after just going through labor med-free but I'm still nervous.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: getting Mirena tomorrow

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Its not bad at all. I've had mirena 3 times, most recently last week. It just feels like cramping. My doc used Novocain on cervix (that pinched a bit!) but not sure that's standard or if its just because my cervix has never been dilated (I had a c/s). I've heard placement is easier if you've been in labor.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I thought it hurt like hell. Of course, I had mine before I had passed a baby throughy cervix, and I had a fair amount of scar tissue holding my cervix closed. I loved the mirena though. Fantastic form of bc.
  • Options
    I was thinking of doing this and now I'm scared! Please let us know how it goes!
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! I'll keep you posted on how it goes. Fx for myself tomorrow!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I had one placed after DD. It was slightly uncomfortable and I had some icky cramps after. I just took ibuprofen before and after. It's a great form of birth control :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    I had a Paraguard, not Mirena, but insertion was no big deal at all. People made a bigger deal out of it than they should have and got me all worked up. It was totally fine
    Waiting for #3!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Honestly? It hurt. Felt like contractions all over again. The first one they put in malfunctioned and wouldn't open, so she had to do it twice. I switched over to the Nuvi Ring after a couple years.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"