May 2013 Moms
Options

Moving to own room

I know this has been talked about but I'm so nervous to do it and not sure when I will be ready. We are doing naps in her crib this week. But not sure when I will be ready to put her in her crib at night. She isn't STTN so thats one thing but I can't imagine ever being ready to move her to her crib. SHe just turned 12 weeks on Monday. What are you guys doing?
Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Moving to own room

• Options
    I tried it for the first time at 9 weeks for 3 nights. L was incredibly fussy and crying and I was watching the video monitor all night and crying. It was a disaster. I brought her back to bed with me and told myself that I would know when the time was right to try again. Until then, I was going to enjoy cuddling her every night. Last week at 12.5 weeks, I knew it was time. When she slept with me and DH, she didn't go to bed till 11pm but it was clear that she finally needed an earlier bedtime. I wasn't going to go to bed at 8pm myself and it was selfish to keep her awake to sleep with me while she was miserably tired. I swaddled her (we usually don't when she slept with us), put her in the crib at 8:30pm and she slept 11hrs. I didn't cry and I didn't really miss her in my bed either. It was the right time for her and I. I think it's important that the mommy is emotionally ready to make the switch otherwise it's too easy to give up when they have a tough night. Good luck!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I agree- you do have to be ready yourself. That being said, we moved his RNP to the nursery at 6 weeks and transitioned to his crib at 13 weeks. Both have been shifts in him sleeping better and in much longer stretches.

I still sometimes wake up and check the monitor frantically to make sure he's still breathing. I'm wondering if I'll ever not worry about SIDS. I worried when he was in our room just as much though.

Now, just to figure out what to do since he's outgrowing his Woombie!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    jenb1205 said:
    I agree- you do have to be ready yourself. That being said, we moved his RNP to the nursery at 6 weeks and transitioned to his crib at 13 weeks. Both have been shifts in him sleeping better and in much longer stretches. I still sometimes wake up and check the monitor frantically to make sure he's still breathing. I'm wondering if I'll ever not worry about SIDS. I worried when he was in our room just as much though. Now, just to figure out what to do since he's outgrowing his Woombie!
    Just feels like I will never be ready. I'm ok with her being in there when I'm awake and can check but I still freak out in the middle of the night when she is next to me afarid that I have left her in bed and rolled on her. Sigh.
    But I don't think I will ever stop worrying about SIDS. But I'm a big worry wort!
    Thanks ladies for your input!
  • Options

I agree...It's me that's not ready, not him. And DH had to point that out to me. I think DS would do fine in his room, but I'm not ready to let him sleep in there alone. For now, he sleeps in the  PNP in our room.

I have to say though that I also don't care for the PNP now because we had to take out the bassinet and lower the mattress. I feel like he's sleeping on the floor. I just can't bring myself to put him in his room all by himself. I have terrible anxiety as it is with him sleeping less than 5 feet away from me. I still jump up to make he's still breathing and wake up with every cough or sound.

Unfourtunatly I'm in the same spot you are. She is getting too big for the bassinet but I just can't bring myself to do it yet. I'm sure she will be fine its mommy that isn't!!
  • Options
    DiFazetteDiFazette member
    edited August 2013

We transitioned at 3 months - our little guy will be 4 months on Thursday.  Since he was a preemie and spent some time in the NICU with bradycardias we got so comfortable with the alarms that I didn't think i'd EVER sleep without these heartrate and oxygen monitors.

We purchased an anglecare monitor from BuyBuyBaby with a 20% off coupon.  If SIDS is really your biggest concern that's preventing you from moving your baby or getting some sleep of your own, I highly recommend it.  It was $120 (we didn't do the video, just the monitor under the mattress).  If there isn't a breath in 20 seconds, the alarm will sound.  Ours has never had a false alarm.  The comfort this $120 purchase gives me is priceless.

Pregnancy Ticker     

• Options
    My little guy has been in his crib for a couple weeks now but he just turned four months today. Plus mine is generally speaking STTN.  Like PP said try the Angelcare or I've also heard the Snuzza works great and costs a lot less.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    LO is sleeping in the PNP in our room with no transition plan. She doesn't even take naps in her crib!

• Options
    I have the angelcare monitor and I think because we have had some false alarms when going other places and hearing it go off (from not being set up right) that I just wait for it to go off now. I know I'm nuts that the monitor makes me scared to think about it going off so I just wait for it to go off even though it never has at home.
  • Options
    DH keeps asking when LO will go in his own room but I'm not ready. He is outgrowing the pnp so I think I may move his crib into our room.

TTC #2:
    March - May 2014 - Natural cycles - no luck
    June 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    July 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    August 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    September 2014 - Clomid 50mg - Fingers crossed...

• Options
    She naps in a crib at daycare (no choice) but still sleeps in the rnp in our room at night.  I don't see any need to upset the apple cart at this point.  We are all sleeping well at this point.
    My Life in D.C.
    The Daily Nugget

photo beachwave_zps17d3b89a.jpg
    Cycle 12, IUI #1 - 33m post wash 10/15/10 = BFN
    Cycle 13, IUI #2 - 15m post wash 11/16/10 = BFP, missed m/c, D&C 1/3/11
    Cycle 15 - 18, IUI #3-6 = BFN
    Cycle 20, IUI #7 = BFP!, missed m/c 9/14, D&C
    DE-IVF Aug. 2012: ER 8/30 11R, 7M, 4F; ET 9/4 returned 2
    Beta 9/18 #1-820, #2-1699, #3-7124
    10/1 1st u/s measuring right on track, 125 bpm

• Options
    I put DS in his crib for his nap yesterday, and he actually stayed in it and fell asleep (by stayed in it I mean didn't scream/cry/etc)  So I was like, hmmm, I wonder if I can do it tonight.  So I put him in and he fussed for a bit, but fell asleep.  I was shocked.  Nervous too, held the monitor all night and went and checked on him about 6x throughout the night.  I had him in the RnP up until now, but he's really getting too big for it now, so I have to do it.

When I put him in the crib for his nap, I sat in the rocking chair next to the crib and read a book until he calmed down.  I heard some other people talk about how they put LO in the crib just to play and get used to being in there.  Good luck!
    Welcomed our baby boy Henry on March 15, 2013 (7 weeks early!)

TTA until 2014

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"