March 2012 Moms

OK here, but garage broken into when I was home alone with dd

Holy adrenaline!  Our alarm went off this morning at 4 AM.  In my disoriented state, I turned it off before I knew what was going on.  (1st lesson learned).

I looked out the front door and saw nobody.  Went to back door and peeked out and saw someone standing in the door of the garage holding a flashlight.  Oddly, the alarm got far enough to trigger the external alarm and they still didn't run.  I guess they knew they had time before police showed up.  

Stupid comcast had our home address programmed in wrong, and the police went to the wrong address! (2nd lesson learned - double check if they have a directional indicator on your street - they had South and our house is North)

Police came and cleared the house and I can't find anything missing. I guess they didn't have time to locate our gps hiding in the car or rifle through the tools. We had 2 fairly nice bikes and expensive ski gear in the garage and they left them behind.

I kept wanting to go grab dd and hold her, but I let her sleep though the whole thing.  I wanted to be able to hear if they tried to make a move to get in the house. This is another time that I am thankful that dd's bedroom is upstairs.

Anyone want to have a sleepover tonight?  I don't know how I will sleep here alone again tonight :(
image image

BFP #2 7/18/11 - EDD 3/29/12 - Born 3/13/12
BFP #1 4/4/11 - Natural M/C - 7w1d - 4/30/11
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Re: OK here, but garage broken into when I was home alone with dd

• Holy crap! That is so scary. WTF alarm company for having your address wrong! I would be giving them an earful today.
    I'm so happy that you and DD are ok and it wasn't anything more serious.
  • sending you tons of hugs! SO sorry you had to deal with that!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Nicb13 said:

How scary!!!! Can someone come stay with you for real? I definitely would not want to sleep alone after that happening. We are dumb and have a house alarm but never turn it on. We don't even lock our doors during the day when we run errands but I am going to start now!

I'm going to ask my mom to come spend the night. I'm also moving my dogs bed to be in front of the door.
    image image

• How unnerving! Definitely find a sleepover buddy so you can catch some z's tonight. I second the dog bed by the door.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Holy moly that is scary!! I'm so glad you and DD are ok and the burglar didn't take anything. I can't believe he didn't run off right away!
  • Oh my gosh, how scary!  I am so glad you guys are okay!  Definitely find someone to spend the night tonight - there's no way I'd want to sleep there alone either!

And you have inspired me to call our alarm company and verify that they have our address correct, because we're on a North street too.
    image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Kristina's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) 
    We go together like a wink and a smile. June 27, 2009 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    52 books in 2015?           
    image  Image and video hosting by TinyPic   
  • People are such jerks. I'm sorry some a-hole would do that to you guys and scare the crap out of everyone.  I'm glad everyone's all right.

• WipzWipz member
    I hope they catch his butt or someone sticks a bullet in his ass.. sorry but if you cant afford it dont think its ok to take someone elses hard earnt shit
  • All is well now. We haven't had any more incidents. My mom graciously spent the night for 2 nights until DH got back from his work trip. Unfortunately the police drove the allies and didn't catch anyone :( my project for the weekend is to find an electrician who can add motion sensor lights to the patio and backyard. We are also considering putting a camera on our back door and the door to the garage.
    image image

• WipzWipz member

The trendnet security cams I use at home  for babycams have day and night vision, two way audio and can be monitored online or by smart phones.. they are remotely controlled too which is nice and can be set to record to your hard drives..  Its nic eto have them for the munchkin but also for when we arent home.. and since hubby works nights he likes to be able to see whats going on while I sleep ..gives him peace of mind.

they are real easy to set up too... if you dont want to have to pay for a security company

• Wipz said:

The trendnet security cams I use at home  for babycams have day and night vision, two way audio and can be monitored online or by smart phones.. they are remotely controlled too which is nice and can be set to record to your hard drives..  Its nic eto have them for the munchkin but also for when we arent home.. and since hubby works nights he likes to be able to see whats going on while I sleep ..gives him peace of mind.

they are real easy to set up too... if you dont want to have to pay for a security company

Thanks for the tip. I'll check them out.
    image image

• We have motion sensor lights in our front yard and driveway - I don't know what brand they are but we got them at Lowes and they were extremely easy for DH to set up, adjust, etc.  Glad everything has been quiet since then!
    image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Kristina's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) 
    We go together like a wink and a smile. June 27, 2009 
    52 books in 2015?           
    image  Image and video hosting by TinyPic   
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"