Pennsylvania Babies

F/U to measuring and u/s

I had the ultra sound late this afternoon and it appears things are alright.  Based on the u/s measurements the baby is measuring right on track.  My OB was concerned that my fluid levels were low and that was causing the difference in measurements.  According to the u/s tech my fluid appeared low at first but then he saw some "good pockets of fluid".  I'm not really sure what that means but he seemed confident that things were ok.  The dr still needs to read the results and she'll call if there is a problem but I'm not as concerned about it now.

It was difficult to tell what was what on the u/s because the baby is so big now.  He looked pretty squished in there!  He's definitely head down and his head looks awfully big.  I'm afraid of pushing that out!  It was awesome to see his heart beating.  To think it started as a tiny flicker the first time we saw it beating is amazing.

Thanks for your responses to my pp... I felt better after reading those.  Seems the difference in measurements is because he dropped down.

{Blog}
TTC since Jan 07. Dx with PCOS Jan 08 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: F/U to measuring and u/s

• Glad to hear things are going well! ?If you deliever now, it should be good! ?I delivered at 36 and a half weeks and Eli is great! ?Just some difficulty for the first 2 weeks getting rid of his jaundice. ?Don't be afraid to push him out! Sure it hurts, but hey, totally worth it! And, there is nothing quite like seeing that head to motivate you to meet your baby. ?A tip when pushing, when they say hold your breath, hold your breath! ?I fought that because I've always learned to exhale with exertion, but, once I listened, everything went alot better!
  • I'm late in response, but first I'm glad everything is looking good and you feel better.

A month before the boys were born they were measured as being about 4.5 lbs...when they were born a month later Luke weighed 4 lbs 15 oz...I find it very hard to believe that he only gained 10 oz, while John gained almost 1.5 lbs.

The measuring isn't exact.

I wouldn't worry.  And I guess I'm not understanding how she was measuring you...I was always measured via u/s.

• Loading the player...
  • glad to hear things sound OK!  It really sounds like there is no exact science when it comes to measuring babies in the womb!
  • Great news!

I can't believe how close you are!  I bet you guys are getting SO excited to meet your son!!!

• Glad to hear things are ok.  I got worried when I hopped on here and saw your post! 
  • Christina, I'm glad that things turned out ok and you're feeling better about it all. I can't believe how close you are...enjoy these last weeks! : )
  • I'm glad to hear everything is okay with the baby.  I can't believe he'll be here so soon.  You'll be full term in just a few days! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"