May 2013 Moms
Options

FTM vent

For the record, I wouldn't want to change anything about my life or the way we live it.  I love my little family to death!!!

However, we've been to two weddings since LO was born and weddings suck with an infant.  The first one was my brothers and I was in the wedding so I had planned on bottle feeding and pumping... until J decided THAT DAY to go on a bottle strike. The photographer was a B***** and even though I told her beforehand that I would have to leave to feed my child, still kept me longer than needed and was an absolute jerk about me leaving.  AND since it was a family wedding, LO was being passed around quite a bit (which I didn't mind, he's getting heavy and he's really great with other people) so no one really saw his hunger cues and would bring him back to me screaming! Then I had to find someone to help me undo my dress and sit with me while I fed him so that they could zip me back up.  Plus, since I couldn't pump and dump as planned, and everyone around me was getting drunker and drunker, which is no fun when you're sober.  Even the one beer every couple hours I did allow myself wasn't taking the edge off by the end of the night.  But it was my brother's wedding!!!! I felt so bad hating nearly every minute of it...

Then this weekend we went to another one.  I wasn't in this one so I didn't plan on pumping and dumping, just having a good time with friends and allowing the hometown crowd oogle my cute baby.  Unfortunately, the reception was WAAAAY too loud.  DH and I sat outside for a bit and then he told me to go have fun and visit with people since I knew this couple better than him... AND THEN got mad at me for being away from him for so long!!!! We were back at the hotel by 10 which was a huge bummer for me since I wanted to celebrate my friend's union!

Thankfully, we only have one more wedding in our future and they just got engaged this weekend so J will be older when we're attending that wedding!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: FTM vent

• Options
    Yikes, this makes me worried about the wedding we are considering going to with LO at the end of Sept. Sorry to hear that they weren't very enjoyable for you.
  • Options
    Trish625 said:
    Yikes, this makes me worried about the wedding we are considering going to with LO at the end of Sept. Sorry to hear that they weren't very enjoyable for you.

The second one was much better than the 1st and probably would have been way more enjoyable had the music not been so loud.  I was picturing J and I dancing our first slow dance and DH and I gettin' down a little bit but it just didn't happen with the band's speakers.  The first one was bad because we were both part of the wedding party!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We have three weddings coming up but all are baby- free so we will have to worry about child care but not breastfeeding at the weddings (just me pumping in the bathroom- yay!) It's actually nice that you were able to bring LO, I feel like as I moved into my 30's, all weddings are adults only these days. I guess family weddings could be an exception but we were the last of those, last year. Hope your next one will be more fun!

My little bug, Madeline. Born June 2, 2013.

• Options
    It feels like going many places with the lo is a mission.... really places that require me to wear more then a nursing yank.

Cheers to the next event!!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"