July 2013 Moms
Options

NB Photos

Not as exciting as I thought...

Haddock isn't really cooperating (should've had them done sooner) and he's getting frustrated and I'm just so ready for it to be over. I'm hot and irritated.

Anyone else have a difficult time with their pics?

Re: NB Photos

• Options
    We did ours yesterday and I was glad they went well. Well, as long as you ignore the fact my 2 year old flat out refused to be in a picture and my 4 year old did 4 photos heard someone mention a play area and decided he was done and had a complete metdown. We just did JCP since cd was 50 so it was a short limited shoot, but we got a few cute sleeping shots.

sorry yours is not going well. Guess you an consider it training for toddler shoots? Hang in!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We did ours when she was still a fresh, constantly sleeping little thing. It'll be worth the frustration once you get them back. :)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    2 1/2 so I know that's definitely the issue. So far we've only gotten through 3 poses and I'm donesky. Like I'm cool with this being the only poses we get.
  • Options
    The lady is at our house so I've fed him twice now and have the paci on hand. He just wants to be held and not photographed. I just want her to go home now :)
  • Options
    The few shots we've gotten are adorable :) but my house is like a blazing sauna at the moment. We turned the air off and have heat in the living room, it's crazy. Ok, she's snappig photos again...thank goodness. He currently looks like a little wrapped teddy bear. Aw.
  • Options
    He didn't want to sit in the froggy position. She kept trying and I wanted to be like dude...you're crushing his balls...
  • Options
    It's usually easiest when they're super new. Also turn the heat up to like 80! That helps a lot, too.
  • Options
    We did photos at 4 days. My milk wasn't in yet so she was hungry fussy. Our photographer had us calm her down and then would give direction on how to lay her down. She would then be aimed and ready to shoot. We got some great shots even though she was only calm at times for 10-15 second spurts.
  • Options
    Yep. Our session happened when DS was a week old. The photographer thought it would be best to do them in the morning when there is the best light but that is when DS usually is awake and not sleepy like they want them to be so they can position them in cute poses. Trying to get him to sleep was a chore. He was tired, I was tired...it seemed like a big fail all around. I haven't got the pics back so I'm not sure how horrible they'll be.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

• Options
    We're having ours done next week when LO will be about 2 1/2 weeks old and I'm worried about this happening. He doesn't sleep nearly as soundly as he did and is starting to have an evening fussy period where he wants to snack on boob for 2 hours and fuss in between. (Our pictures are scheduled for 6pm).
    Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 
  • Options
    We did ours yesterday at 12 days. LO was a cranky mess for all 4 hours. Awake and crying for all sets except the last where she finally passed out. I even gave her formula inhopes to induce food coma mid shoot and it didnt work... I was bummed since i had high hopes, but there may have been one good one in each set between cries. Good luck with the results! Maybe there was one picture that made the day worth it.
    imageimage
  • Options
    We had a helluva time with our newborn photos. LO was 6 days old at the time, and I fed her as the photographer walked in the door. Well long story short, it was over 3 hours before we got a single shot in due to fussing. Photographer had the patience of a saint!!!
  • Options
    DS was two weeks old and was okay for the beginning, but then got hungry and irritated so we called it a day.  The bigger problem was trying to get my 2 1/2 yr old DD to cooperate.

image image

D 2.20.2011 & Z 7.16.2013

• Options
    Asbromle said:

He didn't want to sit in the froggy position. She kept trying and I wanted to be like dude...you're crushing his balls...

Yeah that's a tough one. I've only got it a few times with boys. But I got it with the session I did today and the taco pose so I'm excited!

It will be worth it!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"