Health & Exercise
Options

Weekly Accountability Checkin Aug 4-10

How did everyone do this week?  Please share your health and fitness goals, workouts, struggles, and victories. 

I got in 5 runs (15 miles) , 2 P90X videos, and 1 hr session of cardio kickboxing.  I lost 1 lb, and am 9 lbs away from my pre-pregnancy weight.  Did not get in a 5 miler last week as planned, but will try for one this week.  Planning a track workout for tomorrow to work on speed.  Need to work on portion control a little better, but I am hungry more often while breast feeding.  Must find the time to eat more often, despite my lack of time so I don't eat huge portions at meal time.

Re: Weekly Accountability Checkin Aug 4-10

• Options
    Nice work @cjm724! Had you been running late in pregnancy? That seems like great mileage for where you are PP!

I'm currently 36w3d and going strong with my workouts. I had a road bump early in the week (Monday) when I wanted to run but some significant pelvic pressure that day made it a no-go. Instead, I did an hour on the elliptical and a 5 mile walk with the pup later in the day. I did my traditional leg, shoulders/tris, back/bis, and chest and core days at the gym, each with a 3 mile walk in the evening. I ran 4 miles on Friday under 40 minutes and felt great that Monday was just a fluke. I work out 6-7 days each week and it has made a huge difference in my energy during pregnancy! Depending on what I do during the day, the evenings are getting a bit earlier in terms of when I need to throttle back and kick my feet up, but I've been very fortunate to be able to maintain the activities I've done thus far!

I hope everyone had a good week! Keep movin'!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I completed 4 runs, 3 walks, and 3 lifting sessions this week. One run was a bit tough and I had to take a walk break, but was able to finish strong. I started coaching cross country again this week also, so it has been nice to have people to run with daily. Some of the girls are new to running so they are slow enough at this point for me to run with. I go back to teaching tomorrow and I'm interested/nervous to see how I feel after a day with high schoolers then trying to run.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic               
    Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @ajboocher, I hope it's a great first day back! I'm sure it'll make the time you have left waiting for LO to arrive go quickly!

• Options
    It was my first full week back since our 10 day vacation.  I got in a walk with the family, an hour yoga session, and 40 minutes of cardio at the gym.  I'm basically at maintenance mode and 3 days a week is all I have time to get in at this point when running after a toddler.  If I get my 3 days in, I feel accomplished:)  I actually lost a pound last week and I'm not even trying to loose anymore.  I would love my mid section to flatten a bit more, so I'm hoping that pound came from that area LOL.
  • Options
    I was visiting family until the 8th so didn't make it to the gym until Thursday and Friday. I did run about 3 miles every other day that I was away though. Then did two CF sessions on Thursday and one on Friday. Pleased to say I can still do pullups at 23+ weeks and running is actually getting easier. have a great week everyone!
  • Options
    Nice work @cjm724! Had you been running late in pregnancy? That seems like great mileage for where you are PP!

I'm currently 36w3d and going strong with my workouts. I had a road bump early in the week (Monday) when I wanted to run but some significant pelvic pressure that day made it a no-go. Instead, I did an hour on the elliptical and a 5 mile walk with the pup later in the day. I did my traditional leg, shoulders/tris, back/bis, and chest and core days at the gym, each with a 3 mile walk in the evening. I ran 4 miles on Friday under 40 minutes and felt great that Monday was just a fluke. I work out 6-7 days each week and it has made a huge difference in my energy during pregnancy! Depending on what I do during the day, the evenings are getting a bit earlier in terms of when I need to throttle back and kick my feet up, but I've been very fortunate to be able to maintain the activities I've done thus far!

I hope everyone had a good week! Keep movin'!
    Yes, I ran the day before I went into labor.  It wasn't always easy, or pleasant, but I stuck through it until the end!  Because of this, I was able to start right back where I left off after delivery.  I started running 13 days postpartum even though I had a 2nd degree tear.  No extra bleeding or soreness resulted, so I have just been taking my runs slow and easy and slowly building mileage (much slower than I feel like I am capable of).  I am actually faster now than I was while pregnant :)  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"