Pre-School and Daycare
Options

does your H/SO help w/ bday party planning or other holidays?

I'm just curious. I could vent on & on  about our imbalance in child care related activities and I realize that 'communicating' early in the process about who will do what for things like this is the best approach etc but I'm wondering if anyone else struggles w/ this specific to holidays/bdays & if you were able to get your H/SO to participate more somehow? I hate sitting there & delegating but it's like unless I tell him what to do, he won't think of it or offer and I will be doing 100% of it.

Re: does your H/SO help w/ bday party planning or other holidays?

• Options
    I always have to delegate, but I've made my peace with it.  I'm just glad DH will happily help me. 
  • Options
    sschwege said:

I always have to delegate, but I've made my peace with it.  I'm just glad DH will happily help me. 

This.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Nope.  He will do exactly what I ask and when, and he is certainly not short of opinions.  But yeah, no help otherwise. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thanks all. I think I need to eb more proactive at the start of any vacation/holiday planning and just clearly discuss what needs to be done & what I want him to do. I figured I wasn't alone but just needed some pity party. LOL.
  • Options
    The one and only thing DH really helps with is picking out and decorating the Christmas tree. We have a tradition of getting a good bottle of wine, turning on the Christmas music, and spending the evening decorating the tree. Otherwise, he just drags the decorations down from the attic when I ask or packs the car once I get everything packed.
    imageimage
  • Options
    It's pretty crazy how we all have the same kind of dynamic. And to me, the most frustrating part of it, is that my DH is totally capable of planning wonderful things, picking out great presents, etc.. It comes down to laziness in our house. To even the playing field a bit, there are things that I try not to attend to....it is hard though because many of those things then get neglected.....
  • Options
    He doesn't help with the planning but he's quick on vetoing ideas.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My DH doesn't help much with those things, but I don't really want him to. He does a lot of other things to help out and has strengths in other areas, so I don't bother him with things that. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

My DH helps, but it is more the day of help.  He is gooding for helping with ideas - or telling me mine are good - LOL.  If he was left to him - we might have a Christmas tree, presents other than DS would be cash, and b-day would be about the same - cash for everyone if he remembered.  LOL. 

Holidays are my thing so I dont mind most of it.  He just getting ugly looks when he complains about something. 

• Options
    He does not help with party plans but I only have family parties so far. He does all of his own shopping for Christmas- he likes to go back in time and relive his youth at the toy store :)

So not really even but it works for us.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"