Puffy face: 39 weeks — The Bump
August 2013 Moms

Puffy face: 39 weeks

These last 2 week my face, and my lips, have plumped up big time :( any advice on how to make it go down? Or if its possible!

Re: Puffy face: 39 weeks

• Yea pretty much what pp said. Give birth!
    imageimageimageimage

• Birth: I feel like its my only way out of a lot of things!! But I'm 4 days away still :|
  • Birth: I feel like its my only way out of a lot of things!! But I'm 4 days away still :|
    4 days is nothin!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    mrsmartorana2014
  • Question answered: Give birth.

I wouldn't be complaining about 4 days.

MitsB707
  • Does your doctor know? Mine said if there is any face swelling to call ASAP!
    image   image

Yup. Call your doctor ASAP.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Yes in all seriousness, mine said the same thing. 
    A'13 June Siggy Contest- TV Dads
  • I gave birth a week ago, and have already lost 20 pounds. However, my rings still don't fit:( 
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

VOTE on my Name List
    mrsmartorana2014traia
  • edited August 2013
    Emeraldeyed315 It took a month for me to lose all the baby weight last time.

• A puffy face could be a sign of pre-eclampsia. Please call your dr.
    CaliforniaDream87
  • I saw my dr yesterday and he said not to worry its just water weight :/
  • What do you ladies think?
  • What do you ladies think?

I mean, how are we supposed to know? We have no way of comparing how you looked previously. If your Dr. isn't concerned you shouldn't be. If you don't trust your Dr. you should call back and tell him/her your concerns.

DS born 8-16-2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BlondieBia21
  • Emeraldeyed315 It took a month for me to lose all the baby weight last time.

It took me 9months to lose all the baby weight with DS. Just one of those lucky ladies who couldn't lose weight while BFing, I guess.

• If you already discussed it with your OB and he/she isn't concerned, I wouldn't be. If you are doubting now, call them.

• I saw my dr yesterday and he said not to worry its just water weight :/
    Me too.  Some days, I look like I'm storing nuts for the winter.

Everyone has told me to drink more water.  My doula said to put some salt in it--I've been doing Smart Water instead.  Some days, I think it's helping.  Other days, it looks worse.  

I think a lot of mine is happening because of pregnancy-related congestion.  So over it.  I haven't been able to breathe well in months, and it's worse at night.  I've gotten sinus infection after sinus infection...even while being allowed to take some allergy meds.  Grrrr.
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • fyi it may only get worse with birth. My face swelled badly after. 
    imageimage
    Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards