July 2013 Moms
Options

Success!

I just had two successful feedings without the nipple shield... Hoping and praying we can keep going without it. Btw, the Thera shells help draw out your nipple which made for easier latching. Hoping this helps with baby girls weight gain.

Re: Success!

• Options
    Yay! That is the best feeling! FWIW, once DD figured out how to laatch without the shield, she never went back :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    That's great! It gives me hope that my guy will come off the shield bc I have been nervous about trying.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

That's great! It gives me hope that my guy will come off the shield bc I have been nervous about trying.

FWIW, I started with the shield then after a few mins I took it off and tried without. I had to kind of help hold it in with a C hold (my boobs are so big...) and the next time I didn't even use the shield at all. I'm going to keep on trying and hoping she doesn't need it anymore!
  • Options
    gulickr said:

Yay! That is the best feeling! FWIW, once DD figured out how to laatch without the shield, she never went back :)

Same thing for my DD last time around though it took 2 months.

I also have to do th C hold every time. There's no getting around that.

image image

D 2.20.2011 & Z 7.16.2013

• Options
    That's awesome! Unused guards for almost 3 weeks...then out of nowhere she just started latching without it one morning and we havent gone back since. Keep it goin!

imageimageimage

• Options
    Yay!! Congrats:)
  • Options
    Congrats!!!! Keep trying! I hope the good times keep rolling for you! :-bd

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    That is very exciting! Hope it continues for you :)
    Mom to three girls and pregnant with #4!
    L: 7/12/13
    C: 5/11/15
    E: 3/7/17
    Due 11/10/18
  • Options
    gulickr said:

Same thing with Isaac!
  • Options
    Great news! I hope you guys can keep it up!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I used nipple shields with my first for a few weeks. Once I stopped it felt so freeing. Good job! Fingers crossed you can ditch them for good!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"