May 2013 Moms
Options

BTDT moms (or FT moms who have figured it out) - GUILT?

When does the guilt end? The wanting to spend every waking moment with LO, but realizing that it's just not logistically possible? I'm back to work, feel so pressed for time with him as it is, and need to get my eyebrows waxed. I know, stupid, silly thing. I'll be there and back in less than an hour. I'd rather do it on a weeknight than waste time on the weekend, but as it is, I only get a couple hours with him at night. I MIGHT be able to swing it on a lunchbreak, but it'll be REALLY tough. And even if I CAN figure out how to do that, something else is bound to come up soon that'll have to be done at night / on the weekends. I know balance will come in time... but ugh. I just want confirmation that it gets better. (Or does it, really?)
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: BTDT moms (or FT moms who have figured it out) - GUILT?

• Options
    I agree with you.. I hate missing a moment with him. I've been feeling guilty for putting him in his bouncy seat too much... But I've got to unpack! :(

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC #2:
    March - May 2014 - Natural cycles - no luck
    June 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    July 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    August 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    September 2014 - Clomid 50mg - Fingers crossed...

• Options
    I mean, I feel better when my mom tells me that she'd put me in my "Johnny Jump-Up" in front of Sesame Street, and I turned out okay (well, for the most part ;-) ) but still... (side note... I'm trying somewhere new for my brows. That I can HOPEFULLY get to and back in a reasonable amount of time during the work day. We'll see how it goes...)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    TradeMamaTradeMama member
    edited August 2013
    I get my eyebrows threaded at the mall because I can take LO in his stroller.

Eta: I still feel guilty and my oldest is 15. You'd think I'd have figured it out
  • Options
    I'm sorry to tell you this...but...never.  As DD1 has gotten older, being away from her as just gotten worse :( I'm not really cut out to be a SAHM, but I'd really rather just work like 2-3 days a week so I could be with her more. It goes so fast :( However, I don't think it effects the kids the same way it effects us! DD1 seems happy and well adjusted despite me not being around 24/7.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Thanks. I know it's a balancing act... it's just so hard. In theory, I know it's important to take care of me, too... I just feel like there's never enough hours in the day. I probably will always feel this way... I just need to get to a point where I'm okay with it.
  • Options
    Honestly, I don't remember much guilt with my first baby. I was okay with letting her cry a minute while I peed, shoved food in my mouth or took a quick shower. I did SAH with her so maybe that makes a difference.

I now have a $hit ton of guilt. I think about all the things I could be doing with DD this summer that I can't do with a newborn. I feel guilty that I don't hold DS other than to nurse him because I need to tend to DD. Mom guilt is killer!!!

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"