July 2013 Moms
Options

AmyG and others: pumping & supply

Hi
My supply is very low and I am pumping what I can to give to LO. Next week I will have some extra help from my family and I'm planning on pumping more frequently. Right now I am pumping 6-8 times per day and total for the day from both breasts I get 4-6oz. So I an supplementing with formula. I am also taking 9 fenugreek tablets per day and drinking special tea. My plan is to take several days and try to pump every 1.5 hours for 15 minutes. I'm wondering if anyone has tried this to increase supply and if there's anything else I can do to increase supply? My LO is 4 weeks today. All suggestions are welcome. Tia!

Re: AmyG and others: pumping & supply

• Options
    Thanks for the reply. I tried a hospital pump and I barely got any more milk then with my medela PISA. I will increase my pumping sessions as you suggest. One thing I noticed is that my milk never stops coming out. After an hour of pumping I'm still getting a drop from each breast every 20 pumps or so. I also have hypothyroidism but am on meds for it. Perhaps my levels have changed.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"