May 2013 Moms

Amazon Mom vs Costco

Has anyone priced these out and weighed the benefits and pricing and such? For example, I can get a big box of Huggies size 3 diapers at Costco for 17¢ a diaper but I can get them on Amazon Mom for 15¢ a diaper... BUT A Costco membership is $50 a year for us while Amazon Mom is $79. Anyone done the math on this? (We just got our complete set of dr bills in the mail, can you tell?)
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Amazon Mom vs Costco

• I haven't really looked into Amazon mom, but I can tell you that I absolutely love Costco. I love all of their Kirkland brand stuff, and they have lots of organic produce and eggs for super cheap and great deals on meat, milk ,bread, etc. Also, if you watch for them- they'll often run specials where you get a 20 dollar gift card or something for signing up and then the membership is cheaper :)
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I priced diapers and I can usually get them the cheapest at Target.  They are constantly running specials like buy two boxes and get a $10 gift card.  Last week they would take $10 off if you bought two online.  

We use Pampers Extra Protection (overnights) and when I don't have diapers that were gifts, I have been buying Target's Up & Up brand for daytime.  I like them because I feel like they are a little bigger than Huggies and Pampers.  I have yet to have an issue with them.  Especially with the gift card promos, they are SUPER inexpensive.

With all that said, I love my Costco membership.  We use the Kirkland brand formula and it's been great so far.  We also do Kirkland dog food and I swear, my membership pays for itself in the amount we save on rotisserie chicken in a year.  I use shredded chicken in the vast majority of our dinners.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Ha.  I should also mention that I have Amazon Prime/Amazon Mom.  But I have yet to use it for diapers.  
  • Don't forget to figure in tax. No tax (yet) on Amazon depending on what state you live in. I live in Michigan and do not pay tax.    I am sure to file it on my taxed at the end of the year and pay Michigan then  =)) (yea right)
    photo siggy_zpsf288824b.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • ohgrl95 said:
    Don't forget to figure in tax. No tax (yet) on Amazon depending on what state you live in. I live in Michigan and do not pay tax.    I am sure to file it on my taxed at the end of the year and pay Michigan then  =)) (yea right)
    Tehehe Montana doesn't have sales tax.  :)

• I factored it out before and it was very similar, except that Costco doesn't carry size 1 and we prefer pampers style over huggies. So we buy at target for now. I do have amazon prime but haven't used it for diapers yet.
  • We don't have Costco here yet, but we will soon. I can't wait to check it out. I drive by amazon everyday so I'm paying taxes.

That being said I am a big user of amazon mom. I can get size 1 Luvs for 10 cents a diaper and size 4 Luvs for 16. Next month we're moving up to size 2s and 5s, so they will be 12 and 17 cents each, but I also get dog food and other items from them, so I get the 20% discount.

If you like Pampers try Luvs. I have also used Fisher Price diapers on there and they are really nice but run about 20 cents a diaper. Nice thing with the FP is they have extra elastic over the butt, so no blowouts.

When I was getting diapers for DS1 I did Target & Meijer brand diapers for about 17 cents each. I did get gift cards at both stores for buying their brand diapers and formula when they did promos, but honestly Amazon mom has been a better deal.

TTC January 2010
    BFP #1 10-11-10 ectopic discovered 10-22-10, 10-23-10 methotrexate & emergency surgery, lost right tube BFP #2 12-1-10 Found to be tissue dropped from salingectomy or missed heterotopic pregnancy from BFP #1 BFP #3 1-30-11 DS arrived on due date 10-10-11 BFP #4 Surprise 9-3-12 EDD 5-9-13 DS2 arrived 5-5-13 BFP #5 5-14-14 Emergency D&C 6-16-14 9 weeks
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"