Third-Party Reproduction
Options

**~~Third-Party Reproduction Check-In!!!~~**

This weekly check-in is for anyone using/considering or who has used a 3rd party method of reproduction, including: Donor egg, donor sperm, embryo adoption, gestation carrier, or surrogate - also Donors, GC's and surrogates as well!

Great check-in last week ladies, and awesome to hear all the responses to the question around how you chose your donor(s). Thanks for participating! If you haven't checked in for a while especially, please check-in! If you have any dates to report (cycle dates, EDDs, etc.) please include those! Thanks :)

Week of August 5th Check-In!

1. Any news or updates?

2. QOTW: If you had a chance to be in a documentary or reality show, would you? What would your ideal show be like?

And yes, I am hugging myself in the check-in....sigh.

-----

((Hugs))
2MamazInSeattle DE/DS FET#1 was July 18, BFP that ended up a c/p at 4w3d :(
New BFPs & Other Good News!
Liz4Paws - The embies are coming! The embies are coming!!! Finally + congrats!!!
BabyVDM - TWINS?! What! Buried in a check-in! Double congrats to you!!
Lacyj76 - What a great batch of embies you got! Congrats and FX for a + FET!
Happywifemomofone - So glad baby boy is healthy!!! Phew, and YAY!
LittleLady77 – Fresh DE was July 23, wow what a beta (822 at 10dp5dt!)
GoaliesWife123 - Congrats on your first IUI!!
In the TWW!
GoaliesWife123 - IUI#1 on 8/2 - in the TWW! FX for you!
orangemell2012 - DE on 7/7 - in the TWW! Good luck!!
Currently Cycling/Scheduled
sam18iamiam - DS - IUI#2 mid-August
MrsT4 – DE FET#1 – waiting on calendar for late August FET!
Stinkerbell6879 – Fresh DE IVF schedled for 9/2/13!
Lacyj67 – DE IVF#1 ER in July and FET on 9/3/13.
KateBee – Gest. Surrogate – Matched! ET for late Aug/early Sept.!
Meck716 - DS - IUI #1 will be between Aug 28-31.
ArgyleBridge - Egg donor - ET estimated mid-September!
2MamazinSeattle - DE/DS - FET #2 on September 16th.
Waiting to Cycle
BeckyP005 – Fresh DE; waiting for donor availability.
Brooklynesque – DE IVF #1 - Waiting for new calendar after July cancel.
DoublePortion – Embryo Adoption; waiting for availability.
Faithita – DE - On the RE waiting list!
Firesiren – DS – FET planned for fall timeframe.
GetwickMom – Searching for GC - banking frosties due to MFI, hoping for ET ~Sept. 2014!
Jen12573 – Embryo Adoption - adopting 2 embies! Consult for calendar 8/20!
Katie_71208 – DE – Reviewing donor options!
katmarso - DE with known donor planned. Welcome to you! 
klaganza – DE - In process of choosing egg donor.
Km672 – Fresh DE/DS; signing consents 7/22! Cycle likely in October.
Ladyrader0227 – DE FET after reduction of BMI ~Aug/Sept.
laurag1986 - DS - IUI#5 coming up!
Liz4Paws – Embryo Adoption; 5 Embryos Officially Adopted!! FET ~Aug.
Meljam13 – Using traditional surrogate (using OS) after Oct.
mm29 - DE; Started process at SDFC in July 2013.
poohniki – DS selected; DE is on the table; pre-testing, considering Natural IVF or IUI with DS.
Sammer 818 – Gestational Carrier; Surrogate identified! Pre-cycle testing.
Pregnant!
JM1977 – DE/DS – EDD 10/9/13 – Boy!
Firefly062 –  DS  -  EDD 10/10/13 – Boy!
IndianaSunshine – DE – EDD 11/20/13 – Boy!
Melkel559 – DS – EDD 12/10/13 – Boy!
Happywifemomofone – DE – EDD 12/23/13 – Boy!
Kaf8278 – DE – EDD 12/31/13 – Gender ?
Moonaggie – DE – EDD 1/2/14 – Boy!
Jms1374 – Embryo Adoption – EDD 1/14/14
Strunella – DE – 1/28? - Gender ?
Udc22 – DE – EDD TBD – Twins!!
Aputter05 – DS IUI on 5/30/13 – EDD TBD.
BabyVDM – DE FET#1 – Twins! - EDD 3/20/2014
Ceemonkey - DE/DS IVF#3 - EDD 3/30/2014
LittleLady77 – DE IVF - EDD 4/10/2014
Parenting
AmCheri – DE – Baby born June 5, 2013 – Girl!
Hooliface – 1 year-old DD from DE
Jcath – 20-month-old identical twin girls from DE + 2 bio sons
JM1977 – 21-month-old DD from DE/DS (also currently pregnant)
Strudel82 – 1 year-old DD twins from DE (also currently GC)
WeBelieveInMagic – 10-month-old son from DS + a 3-yr-old bio son
Donors/GC’s/Surrogates
Strudel82 – GC -  EDD 1/15/14 - Gender ?
ArgleBride – Egg Donor –  ET set for mid-Sept!
Considering Third Party
sharon216 - Considering DE.
Lil'mamaz was born on Aug 21, 2014! She's PERFECT!

It's been a long road to here...
Me (43) and J (45) - same sex couple. And we don't feel 40+!
June'12 - First RE Visit
Sept. '12 - Tubes removed
Dec. '12 - Donor Egg/Donor Sperm IVF Cycle - 4 good embies!
Dec. '12 - Fresh transfer, BFP! EDD 8/29/13
Mar. '13 - Missed m/c at 16w1d, baby boy stopped growing at 15w4d
Loss due to umbilical cord clot...baby was perfect. :(
Jul '13 - FET#1 - c/p
Sept. '13 - FET#2 - BFN
Dec.' 2, 2013 - FET#3 with our last chance embie - BFP!!!
Dec' 26, 2013 - hb!!
EDD 8/20/14 with a baby girl!
Little S was born on 8/21/14 - 8lb, 14 oz and 20 inches long.
We live in Seattle and used SRM for our donor egg IVF cycle

imageimageimageimage

Re: **~~Third-Party Reproduction Check-In!!!~~**

• Options
    edited August 2013

Well I guess I'll do my check-in.

As you know my second beta dropped as of Monday to 19, and by Friday I was down to zero. In between I got to experience a mini-miscarriage which was like AF on steroids (or, hormones as it were...) which was painful and not fun. I caved and took two doses of oxy, which I paid for with a seasick-feeling most of Friday and the added joy of being bound up. So when AF's cramps ended, bound-up cramps began...but today is getting better.

I won't lie and say I'm not getting a little tired. BUT, we still have two frosties and I ran into my RE while getting my final (eff u) beta blood draw, and she gave me a hug so long I tried to release twice before she let me go. It was sweet. She said "Oh we are SO not even close to done trying - hang in there!" which was nice to hear.

She confirmed we'll continue to only put in 1, which I'm glad about. We met with an MFM last week (consult on the antithrombin III low activity for a second opinion) and she strongly advised against twins for me. So that is settled. Yay!

Our official WTF appt. is Wednesday, and my calendar has me doing our next ET on 9/16. I'm bummed because my coordinator reserved a date with the worst case scenario of AF coming in mind, and they she came 2 days after stopping meds, and by then, all earlier dates were taken :(. Boo. But, 6 weeks isn't that long, and I guess it is nice to have some time to re-group.

While I sound all whiney, I'm actually ok - just has been a really rough week physically and emotionally. Once I feel better physically I know I will rally with excitement for FET #2!!

QOTW: I think I might have done a show like that in the beginning, but now I don't think so. And J Is a WAY private person - the only way I'd see her agreeing is if it was for a lot of money! I think being a same-sex couple ,too, I'm not sure with all of this I'd have the thick skin needed for the "gays should not be parents" people in the world. They sometimes come on to our LGBT board and call us horrible things and throw Bible quotes at us - and that leaves me feeling hurt and sad. I can't imagine if it was personal to me and J! I'd need a therapy fund from the show :) That all said, I'm so glad for the people who do these shows because I love watching them! I watched "First Comes Love" on HBO on demand this week, and plan to watch the MTV episode this coming week.

June'12 - First RE Visit
    Jul '13 - FET#1 - c/p
    Sept. '13 - FET#2 - BFN
    Dec' 26, 2013 - hb!!

imageimageimageimage

• Options
    Hugs to you, 2mamaz. :(

I started the BC to sync with my IP last night.  I am very excited!  I was feeling really guilty about accepting payment for donating.  I feel better about it now, but since I already asked the psychologist whether all savings would go to the IPs, I am going to waive the fee just for this first cycle (unless the clinic refuses).

As for reality show--nuh-uh.  So not my bag.  I am a private person who likes some control over her life.  I would hate it.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    2Mamas- hugs- Glad that you have a plan moving forward. Having hope that eventually your time will come is so important. Hope it comes very soon!

I just had my first monitoring appointment today (CD3). Next is on Thursday. No real news.

I'd have to pass on the reality TV show. I don't even like talking on the phone to people I don't really know, nevermind being in front of a camera. My husband would probably love it. He's my perfect opposite. I'd settle for being documented as a success in this study- that's good enough for me.  :)
    ***WARNING***

TTC Since 12/2008;  DH: 32, Azoospermia     me: 33, DX during IVF #4: Low AMH (Normal FSH) / SER due 
    to IVF Meds (causing failure to fertilize) Recent DX: Hashimoto's, Lupus Anticoagulant, White Blood Cell Disorder 
    High ANA, ATA, & APA, PAI-1 Heterozygous= blood clotting disorder; connective tissue disorder 
    IVF w/ ICSI #1 2/2011     IVF w/ ICSI #2 5/2011    IVF w/ ICSI #3 12/2012   *New RE* IVF w/ ICSI #4  5/2013
    IVF w/ ICSI #5 8/2013 (Natural Cycle- No drugs)- One follicle->one blast. CCS normal. FET 9/10- 6BB blast. m/c @ 5w
    IUI #1 12/23- BFN  IUI #2 Cancelled (ovulated during AF)  Prep:CoQ10 (300 mg); DHEA (25 mg); Melatonin (3 mg), Folgard 2.2, Metformin 500 2x, Levothyroxine 50mcg, Aspirin 81mg w/ calcium, B12,  Vit. D 4000 & Prenate Elite Daily; Cabergoline 1/2 pill 2x week-  Cycling: Estrace Priming; Prednisone 10mg, Lovenox 40mg 2x,  Femera & Menopur   
    IUI #2.1 6/30 & 7/1. 1st Beta: 90 (7/15); 2nd Beta: 226 (7/17); 3rd Beta: 766   EDD: 3/23/2015

**ALL WELCOME**                                    My Blog 

• Options
    No update really. I don't have any nausea today which is totally freaking me out. QOTW: obviously the answer to that is yes but I wouldn't have thought so in the beginning. We are doing it so that they pay for 1/2 our cycle, so that our children can really see the story of their creation and because we knew our donor and doctors would be on their best behavior when the camera was on!

imageimageimage
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    No update really. I don't have any nausea today which is totally freaking me out. QOTW: obviously the answer to that is yes but I wouldn't have thought so in the beginning. We are doing it so that they pay for 1/2 our cycle, so that our children can really see the story of their creation and because we knew our donor and doctors would be on their best behavior when the camera was on!

Don't worry about not feeling crummy yet - it really kicked in my 1st time around week 6 and latest until week 10, and I really didn't feel right until I got off the progesterone at week 13.

You make GREAT points about doing the show - they're keeping a live action 'blog' of sorts for you, and the doctors best be good b/c it is free publicity for them! Super smart thinkin'! I can't wait to see it!!! So happy you are KU'd - how many did you put in?

June'12 - First RE Visit
    Jul '13 - FET#1 - c/p
    Sept. '13 - FET#2 - BFN
    Dec' 26, 2013 - hb!!

imageimageimageimage

• Options
    LittleLady77LittleLady77 member
    edited August 2013

Don't worry about not feeling crummy yet - it really kicked in my 1st time around week 6 and latest until week 10, and I really didn't feel right until I got off the progesterone at week 13.

You make GREAT points about doing the show - they're keeping a live action 'blog' of sorts for you, and the doctors best be good b/c it is free publicity for them! Super smart thinkin'! I can't wait to see it!!! So happy you are KU'd - how many did you put in?

I was feeling worse and worse and now I feel fine. It's really scary. I would much rather feel sick than scared! Thanks for your words tho, they do make me feel a bit better! We transfer 2 :)

imageimageimage
  • Options

Not much new here. Had a good OB appointment last week and have our anatomy scan scheduled for Sept 3. We finally get to find out the sex! DH is so convinced it is a girl and refers to the baby as she all the time. It does bother me a bit, even though I know he will love a son just as much, he will be very sad if he never gets a daughter. As much as we plan on trying for a second at some point, I will be 39 next week and there are just no guarantees that we won't be 1 and done.

QOTD: I have really mixed feelings about this. I would never do a reality show. However, I am conflicted about a documentary. Part of me thinks, no way, I do not want people looking at me and judging me and I am just naturally very private. On the other hand, I think it is very important for embryo donation to be more heavily publicized to encourage others to donate but also to lesson any stigma my children and other donor children may face. I think in the right situation, I would put aside my own insecurities to be able to tell our story for others.

• Options
    Hugs 2mamas!!! You seem to be taking all this in stride and your so strong!!

Well tue is CD1 for our first DE FET. I'm very excited. Had a great weekend with my girlfriends who drove up 3 hrs to come wine it up with me this weekend. We had a blast.
    I will be writing my donor a little letter tomorrow and package her gift. I've been making notes on how and what I'm going to say.
    Qotw: I'm on the fence about Doing a show. I like the idea but the actual going thru with it ... Not sure. I like sharing our story because I like hearing the story's and learning about all that science can help us IF family's
    Me 34 and DH 39 married in aug. 2002
    Did 5 round of clomid 2010 =BFN
     High levels of NK CELLS DX sept.2012 DOR:# 0.02 
    IVF #1 May 2012  ER 4, EF 2, ET 2 =BFN
    MINI IVF Oct.2012  Cancelled 10-27-12
    Ivf #3 Antagonist Protocol April 2013
    Shared cycle..Donor cycled in July Got 12 eggs 9 fertilized and 8 frozen!!
    DE FET #1 Sept. 3rd 2013 FIRST BFP EVER 5dp5dt
    miscarried Sept 24th at 5 weeks 5 days
    Etopic  D&C and hysterscopy Nov 5 2013
    dx with pre genetic blood clotting dec 2013
    FET #2 Jan 31st  2014 
    Miscarried for a second time again at 5 weeks 5 days
    Currently fostering to adopt an amazing little 1 year old boy..P.J!
    FET#3  is Oct 29th 2014
    BFN on fet #3
    Last and FINAL FET coming JAN 28th 2015
    Everyone Welcome

• Options
    Hi, everyone!

More hugs to 2Mamaz.  I feel like the next time will be the charm for you.  Enjoy a few weeks off!  (Easier said than done, I know -- it's hard to wait!)

Good luck, poohniki!

JMS:  I'm sure your husband will be thrilled no matter what.  You must be so excited for your AS in a month!

Lacy:  It's exciting you're officially starting your cycle!  

Hi to everyone else!

Re: reality show or documentary . . . I doubt I'd ever participate.  I'm a pretty private person (except on here, ha ha!) but I'm so happy there are people willing to go on camera regarding their IF treatments (including you, LittleLady!).  It raises awareness.
  • Options

Hi !

2Mamaz big hugs to you. Hang in there. This next cycle is the one!!

Well I made my monthly phone call to the clinic this morning. Pretty sure they are tired of me. I explained that I need some sort of progress report or I will go crazy.  Still #3. Donors are pretty dire right now. She said she had a donor and was going to ask the dr. if she can do a shared cycle. She told me the reasoning behind this and guess my mind was still trying to process that I have many more months to go that I didn't quite pay attention. Lol. I just feel like crying. The 2 in front of me didn't want a blonde so I'm hoping they pass on this one.

No reality or documentary for me. MH barely talks to me about this stuff and what's on his mind he for sure wouldn't talk to a tv camera. I am so happy for those that can share their story!!

Hope you all have a great week :)

ME:46 MH:44 DE IVF 2014
    Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• Options
    (((hugs))) to you 2mamaz.

I hope everyone else is having a great week!

Update on me: I had a bleeding scare on Thursday accompanied by cramps and it freaked me out, but RE said it was normal and if it persisted I could go for an early u/s. Fortunately it stopped and although I am still having spotting it's considered normal. Not much that could be done about it anyway really, so I'm just waiting for my u/s a week from today. I am not feeling good today, not really too nauseous but no appetite and just exhausted. I'm considered heading home from work, I feel like it's HARD to keep myself sitting upright!

QOTW: I would not be into the reality show thing AT ALL. I'm not into them now, and like others have said, I consider myself a pretty private person and the thought of having all that out there just makes me anxious. I think certain topics are interesting though, and what littlelady is doing is so cool! I will definitely want to watch that. I guess when I think reality shows though I think more of the shows that I don't consider reality at all, like the Big Brother or Housewives series. That is not real life!

SAIF Always Welcome
    TTC #1 since Fall 2008
    High FSH, Sertoli Cell Only Syndrome
    Unsuccessful with my OE, moving to DE + DS
    DE + DS IVF #1: Dec 2012 - BFP, nothing at first u/s 
    DE + DS IVF #2: 3/14/13 - c/p
    DE + DS IVF #3: 7/12/13 - BFP! Finally! No heartbeat at 7w1d.
    DE + DS IVF #4: 5/16/14 - BFN
    DE + DS IVF #5: 9/3/14 - BFP at 5.5dp5dt, Beta 1 @ 9dp5dt: 438; hb of 133 at 6w5d, no hb at 7w1d
    DE + DS IVF #6: 3/3/15 - BFN on HPTs through 7dp5dt, Beta 1 @ 8dp5dt: 19, Beta 2 @ 10dp5dt: 76, nothing at u/s

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky 
  • Options
    DoublePortionDoublePortion member
    edited August 2013
    I hesitated on saying anything because I don't want to jinx it, but if everything works out I will receive 5 embryos! I was notified last week of available embryos through a private forum and the couple donating chose DH and I! There is a third party coordinating the contact between us and the donors and now I am just waiting on a "formal introduction" email to the donors. The couple only wants minimal contact which is what DH and I prefer so hopefully everything will work out beautifully.

QOTW: I doubt I would be part of a reality show. I don't even like to have my picture taken. lol

***signature & ticker warning***

Me: 30 ~ Stage IV Endo ~ AMH .38 ~ AFC 8
    AMH .97 as of 4/2012! ~ AMH 1.63 as of 4/2013!?!

Him: 29 ~ perfect swimmers

Laparotomy w/partial oophorectomy 8/2009 to remove cysts/endo.
    Stopped BCP 4/2010.
    Multiple clomid rounds from 11/2010 to 6/2011. ~ All BFN
    IUI w/clomid 7/2011. IUI w/clomid & injectables 11/2011 & 1/2012. ~ All BFN

IVF:EPP 5/2012 ~ (4R, 3M, 2F w/ICSI). Both embryos txfrd. ~ BFN
    BCP to manage endo from 10/2012 to 12/2012.
    FET w/donor embryos #1: 10/2013 Cancelled
    FET w/donor embryos #1.2: 11/2013
    ~ ET of 2 beautiful blasts on 11/27.
    Beta 1: 503(12dp5dt) Beta 2: 1035(14dpt) Beta 3: 3001(16dpt)
    Beta 4: 8503(19dpt)
    Twins with an EDD of 8/15/14! Team Purple
    G&B born 6/30/14 at 33w3d via emergency c/s.

If you're wondering about my avatar...it's a fried pickle chip shaped like a fetus!

• Options
    *HUGS Mama*
    Check in: Not too much has changed since last week. We have an appointment with our attorney at the end of the month to start drawing up the legal contract and get that going. I'm just a little concerned because our surrogate is really slow on calling our agency back and hasn't gotten around to a lot of her paperwork yet. I just want this to move along so quickly and I feel like we are stuck in the mud not going anywhere. I'm kind of frustrated right now. 
    QOTW: I would never do a reality show. I don't really like to watch them and I'm sure I'd have some sort of meltdown on TV and that would just be terrible!

TTC since April 2010
    BFP #1 – March 2011, missed m/c April 2011
    BFP #2 – October 2011, m/c November 2011
    Surprise BFP #3 – December 2011, diagnosed as cornual, terminated January 2012
    BFP #4 – June 2012, m/c July 2012
    Diagnosed with bicornuate ute and MTHR gene mutation
    BFP #5 – October 2012, missed m/c November 2012
    BFP #6 – January 2013, m/c March 2013
    No longer TTC. Diagnosis: Hostile ute. Heartbroken and bitter. Pursuing surrogacy.
    June 2013 - Carrier found! Could this really happen?!
    ~All AL always welcome~

• Options

(((HUGS))) to everyone who needs them!

Well. I have not updated because there is not much going on besides the wait to start my meds this month. FIANLLY. We did get pushed out a week so now transfer will be between 7-9 of September instead, which in it's own way worked out ok. I have my brothers wedding that following weekend, and we have only told our parents the dates, so I guess I will be "drinking" lots of club soda or juice drinks so I don't get questions.

Hummm. Reality show? Part of me thinks I would because of raising awareness and then the other part would be shy and awkward. So in honesty. Not sure if we would? I think it's amazing that people do them and can create that kinda awareness!   

April 2013 DE IVF= BFN

September 2013 DE IVF (Fingers Crossed) = BFFFN! again...

October 2013 FET of our last 2 = Beta Hellzz for 6-7 Weeks. M/C

• Options
    Ohhhh !! Double Portion! That's amazing news you've been waiting a while now !!! It's your turn!!! I hope that everything goes as planned and you get the intro soon!! Congrats!
    Me 34 and DH 39 married in aug. 2002
    Did 5 round of clomid 2010 =BFN
     High levels of NK CELLS DX sept.2012 DOR:# 0.02 
    IVF #1 May 2012  ER 4, EF 2, ET 2 =BFN
    MINI IVF Oct.2012  Cancelled 10-27-12
    Ivf #3 Antagonist Protocol April 2013
    Shared cycle..Donor cycled in July Got 12 eggs 9 fertilized and 8 frozen!!
    DE FET #1 Sept. 3rd 2013 FIRST BFP EVER 5dp5dt
    miscarried Sept 24th at 5 weeks 5 days
    Etopic  D&C and hysterscopy Nov 5 2013
    dx with pre genetic blood clotting dec 2013
    FET #2 Jan 31st  2014 
    Miscarried for a second time again at 5 weeks 5 days
    Currently fostering to adopt an amazing little 1 year old boy..P.J!
    FET#3  is Oct 29th 2014
    BFN on fet #3
    Last and FINAL FET coming JAN 28th 2015
    Everyone Welcome

• Options
    I hesitated on saying anything because I don't want to jinx it, but if everything works out I will receive 5 embryos! I was notified last week of available embryos through a private forum and the couple donating chose DH and I! There is a third party coordinating the contact between us and the donors and now I am just waiting on a "formal introduction" email to the donors. The couple only wants minimal contact which is what DH and I prefer so hopefully everything will work out beautifully.

QOTW: I doubt I would be part of a reality show. I don't even like to have my picture taken. lol
    Ohhhhhh I was so happy to read this!!! OMG! I'm glad you told us and no jinxing, now just lots of us sending T's & P's it all goes off without a hitch! So happy for good news for you!!!

June'12 - First RE Visit
    Jul '13 - FET#1 - c/p
    Sept. '13 - FET#2 - BFN
    Dec' 26, 2013 - hb!!

imageimageimageimage

• Options
    Thanks Lacy & Mama! It feels surreal at this point!!

***signature & ticker warning***

Me: 30 ~ Stage IV Endo ~ AMH .38 ~ AFC 8
    AMH .97 as of 4/2012! ~ AMH 1.63 as of 4/2013!?!

Him: 29 ~ perfect swimmers

Laparotomy w/partial oophorectomy 8/2009 to remove cysts/endo.
    Stopped BCP 4/2010.
    Multiple clomid rounds from 11/2010 to 6/2011. ~ All BFN
    IUI w/clomid 7/2011. IUI w/clomid & injectables 11/2011 & 1/2012. ~ All BFN

IVF:EPP 5/2012 ~ (4R, 3M, 2F w/ICSI). Both embryos txfrd. ~ BFN
    BCP to manage endo from 10/2012 to 12/2012.
    FET w/donor embryos #1: 10/2013 Cancelled
    FET w/donor embryos #1.2: 11/2013
    ~ ET of 2 beautiful blasts on 11/27.
    Beta 1: 503(12dp5dt) Beta 2: 1035(14dpt) Beta 3: 3001(16dpt)
    Beta 4: 8503(19dpt)
    Twins with an EDD of 8/15/14! Team Purple
    G&B born 6/30/14 at 33w3d via emergency c/s.

If you're wondering about my avatar...it's a fried pickle chip shaped like a fetus!

• Options
    liz4pawsliz4paws member
    edited August 2013

2mamaz: Big huge squishy hugs to you. I think about you often and can't wait until you get your take home baby. I hope things get easier for you soon.

Argyle: I love following your story. It's so interesting seeing a donor's perspective. Wishing you loads of luck for your cycle, and I think it's wonderful of you to do it with no fee. Your IPs are so blessed to have you.

poohniki: Glad to hear you had a monitoring appointment. I hope they all go well.

LittleLady: I think it's normal to have symptoms come and go, but with IF brain it's hard to shake - I know! By the way, I'm not sure if you're up to sharing but I'd love to see your documentary when it's finished!

JMS1374: So excited for you to find out the sex!

Lacy: Ahh! So excited that you're starting your cycle. You may have me being a cycle buddy! I hope to get my calendar any day now! Glad you are writing a letter, I think it's a wonderful thing to do.

Brooklyn: I hope you are doing well and I'm hoping all goes well with your new donor.

Becky: Waiting sucks so bad. Don't feel bad for being persistent though. I think you're doing the right thing! I am so sorry things are taking so long. Big hugs

Cee: Glad the scare was only a scare! I hope you have a wonderful u/s.

DP: I'm peeing my pants over your news. I am SO FREAKIN' EXCITED FOR YOU!!!!!!

Strudel: So exciting to be able to find out the sex!

Sammer: I'm sorry there have been some delays, that can be very frustrating *hugs*

Stinkerbell: Good luck on starting meds! I hope all goes well with the wedding too! 

AFM: After months of fighting, my DEmbryos are finally coming this week! Today a tank gets shipped to them, it arrives tomorrow. My little beloved snowflakes will be loaded inside and shipped Wednesday to arrive Thursday! The countdown hasbegun. And the icing on the cake is that after fighting my insurance for months on pre approval for my FET, it was also resolved on Friday too. Finally good news on my part!

QOTW: I'm normally very private too, but I'm very VERY passionate about embryo adoption and embryo donation so I would certainly say yes if I were asked. The only concern I might have is that the donors agree too, because in our contract it says all parties would have to agree and approve before being involved with the media. But if it were just up to me, I'd say yes yes yes.

************ Signature/Ticker Warning ************
    Me (32) DH (36) - Finding our way to baby #1
    Me: POF/DOR - AMH <0.16, heterozygous c677t MTHFR, insulin resistant and gluten intolerant
    DH: Severe MFI

12/2/11 - IUI #1- BFN 
    8/1/12 - IVF #1 - Zero response from max stims (600iu intramuscularly)

My ovaries are just for decoration

12/6/12 - Adopted five embryos that had been frozen for over ten years!
    2/11/13 - DEmbryo FET #1 Thawed four, sadly two didn't survive. Transferred two beautiful blasts. 
    2/16/13 - First BFP of my life @ 6dp5dt! EDD 10/30/13
    3/27/13 - After beta and u/s hell, no heartbeat ever detected. D&C at 9w1d.

6/5/13 - Adopted four new embryos that had been frozen for seven years!

9/12/13 - DEmbryo FET #2. Thawed and transferred two beautiful blasts
    9/17/13 - BFP @ 5dp6dt! EDD 05/31/14
    9/29/13 - m/c @ 5w1d. :(

11/19/13 - DEmbryo FET #3. Thawed and transferred one blast from each batch. Wow!
    11/23/13 - BFP @ 4dp6dt! EDD 8/7/13
    Beta #1 @ 13dp6dt - 522  Beta #2 @ 16dp6dt - 1373 
    6w5d ultrasound showed one perfect baby with a beautiful heartbeat of 134bpm!

Snowflake baby is a girl! 
    Our beautiful Snowflake girl arrived on July 22, 2014!   
    My embryo adoption blog: Wishing on a Snowflake

image      image 
  • Options

First, Big ((Hugs)) to 2Mamaz!  I'm hoping and praying that this next cycle will result in your rainbow baby.

Becky - ((Hugs)) to you too, as I know it's not easy waiting.  Hoping that you will be matched with a donor very, very soon!

Poohniki and Lacy - Here's to hoping that we will be cycle buddies and that this will be our successful month!! :)

Stinkerbell - Sorry to hear you got pushed back a week.  If it makes you feel any better, I have at least 3 functions (including a wedding) scheduled during my projected 2ww....so I will have to be creative to try and hide that I'm not drinking, LOL.

DP - That is totally awesome news!!!  Wishing you only the best as you move forward with next steps to bring those embryos home to you!

Liz - Again, so excited that your embies are coming home this week!!!  Let us know when you get your calendar! :)

Everyone else - hope you're having a good week!

My update this week: Today was my baseline check and some bad news....I don't have my period yet and my lining is thick :(:(  Please send AF vibes my way, otherwise I may need to have my lining aspirated (ugh!)  Despite this setback, I'm starting delestrogen tonight.

QOTW: I'm too shy and like my privacy, so I would have to decline being on a TV show/documentary.  However, I really appreciate those brave enough (including  our own LittleLady!) to participate, as it helps raise awareness about IF and specifically about TPR.

Me: AMA, DOR, undetectable AMH, carrier of SMA, MTHFR homozygous C677T, high cytokines, low IGg B cells, Factor XIII V34l mutation, High Anti-Phosphatidylethanolmine, borderline hypothyroid and mildly insulin resistant.

MH: No known issues, aside from MTHFR.

Recommendations from RI: LIT, Humira, IVIG, Lovenox, Baby Aspirin, Folic Acid, Low-dose synthroid and Metformin.

Currently taking:  Pre-Natal vitamins, Foltanx, Low-dose synthroid and Metformin. 

When cycling also taking: Baby Aspirin, Lovenox, Humira and IVIG.

TTC since 7/11/09..with medical intervention starting in 2010, including 4 failed IVF's and 6 failed IUI's...only "success" was a chemical pregnancy in 11/2012 (credited to use of DE).

FET #1 (11th cycle) on 8/23/13 = BFN.

FET #2 (12th cycle) Transfer of last two (day 6) donor egg blasts on 1/22/14 = BFP, EDD = 10/10/14 (please stick little BOY!)

My favorite breed:

***PAIF/SAIF always welcome***

• Options
    Thanks Liz and MrsT! FX crossed that everything goes good with your little embie's Liz! and sending AF vibes to you Mrs!

April 2013 DE IVF= BFN

• Options
    edited August 2013
    Wow, there is a ton going on this month!

@2mamaz, I give you credit. You are so strong and you really keep me positive with the way you handle every bad turn. Keep up the positive thoughts and your day WILL come. 

Hello to everyone! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for everyone and hoping time flies for anyone waiting! 

AFM: DW and I saw a positive digital OPK on Thursday night, so we decided to do our first AI at home on Friday night. We received our sample and used a softcup to try and keep everything where it needed to be. I'm now 3 DPO and hoping it took. It's only our first try and we are new at this, but being positive is something we are working on for sure. The 2ww is obnoxious and I'm hoping to hold out as long as possible before testing. If this isn't the month, we plan on trying 2-3 times next cycle for sure. 

To anyone out there having a hard time, or struggling in any way, just remember there will be a time when its your time to celebrate!

QOTD: Oh man, I don't think I could ever do a show. I'm really private about certain things, including my TTC journey (except with the bump!). However, I agree that there needs to be attention brought to Third Party Reproduction as a whole! 

TTC our first. Married to, and madly in love with, my beautiful wife. Living with our fur baby and enjoying 19 nieces and nephews. 
    • DW and I have been tracking, preparing, getting medical testing since January 2013.
    • First Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm 08/02/13: BFN
    • Second Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm 09/11/13, 09/13/13, 09/15/13: BFN
    • Third Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm: 10/13/13, 10/15/13, 10/17/13, 10/21/13: BFN
    • January 2014: Sonohysterogram shows excellent lining & tubes have no blockages
    • Fourth Cycle:  Monitored clomid cycle  w/ ICI's at home: 1/24/14 and 1/25/14. Ovulation verified:  BFN
    • Fifth Cycle: 02/2014 Femara 5mg with ovidrel trigger CD14: BFN
    • Taking a few months off to evaluate if we want to keep trying

• Options

liz4paws said:
    LittleLady: I think it's normal to have symptoms come and go, but with IF brain it's hard to shake - I know! By the way, I'm not sure if you're up to sharing but I'd love to see your documentary when it's finished!

I would be happy to share but they are filming the journeys of 12-16 couples and I was only the 2nd.  They the need to cut and edit everything.  I get the impression it will come out a year from now at the soonest but it's called Egg Factor if anyone remembers to Google it down the road. 

By the way... they are still taking applications and I did literally only pay 1/2 for everything :)  Plus the producer went through 9 IVF cycles to have her own kids and this is a very personal thing for her... she is amazing.  She is the one who started Overhauling (That car show). 

imageimageimage
  • Options
    Hi everyone!

HUGE hugs, 2mamaz and to everyone else who needs them! Not much going on here. I've been feeling a lot more kicks and movement for the last few days which is so cool. And of course, it lessens the anxiety that everything is ok! I will be 22 weeks tomorrow. So happy to be over halfway there!

Q: it's funny you bring this up because I was actually just searching online the other day for videos and documentaries about donor sperm. They seem few and far between! Since we have been open with everyone that we used DS, I would def do a show if I had the opportunity. I would love to bring more awareness to the world regarding male factor issues and I know my DH would too!
    TTC since June 2011
    DX: DH (30) severe MFI, severely low count & low motility
    Me (32): all clear
    Appt with Urologist 5/21/12: exam, ultrasound, bloodwork all normal.
    Testicular Biopsy with TESE on 6/8/12. good sperm found! (left side only) froze sperm, failed thaw test :(
    Orientation for IVF/ICSI on 6/13/12. Waiting for the green light following biopsy results...results show adequate sperm production both sides.
    2nd SA 6/18/12: sample is "adequate for ICSI"
    Plan: IVF/ICSI July 2012!
    ER: 7/26/12. 15 eggs retrieved, all mature.
    TESE/TESA/aspiration from epididymis, no motile sperm found :(
    froze all eggs, the saga of praying for good sperm continues.
    8/3/12: 2nd opinion from MFI uro on biopsy slides. Suspects "partial late maturation arrest."
    Plan: more SAs, third biopsy/TESE with frozen back-up either from DH or DS.
    SA 8/17/12: Zero sperm
    SA 8/23/12: Zero sperm
    9/26/12: SPERM FOUND! 15 eggs thawed, 12 survived and were ICSI'd, only 3 fertilized normally. Refrozen as embies and will thaw in Nov. Please survive and grow!
    All 3 survived the thaw on 11/15/12!
    FET 11/17/12: transferred 2, one 4B, one 4C. Beta 11/30:BFFN
    moving on to DS
    DIUI#1 2/18/13,50mg Clomid cd 3-7, Ovidrel trigger, Beta 3/4/13: BFN.
    DIUI#2 3/19/13, 50 mg Clomid cd 3-7, Ovidrel trigger, Beta #1 (14dpiui) 4/2/13: BFP!!!! 150. Beta #2 4/4/13: 420 Beta #3 4/8/13: 2691. Beta #4 4/15/13: 15,086
    1st u/s 4/8/13 shows one gestational sac
    2nd u/s 4/15/13 shows yolk sac, fetal pole and early heartbeat
    3rd u/s 4/25/13: measuring right on track. Heart rate 148 bpm
    A/S 7/22/13: IT'S A BOY!!
    PAIF/SAIF Always Welcome
    [IMG]http://i49.tinypic.com/2qmon5u.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd243/laurakat24/turkeybaster-1.jpg"[/IMG]Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Hi ladies!

2Mamaz-so very sorry for your loss. Please know we are all here for you.

Liz-congrats on your embies arriving this week and the insurance appeal. So very glad you have newfound hope

BabyVDM- congrats x2!!!

Lacy-so excited you have so many beautiful embies and you are starting soon!

Happywife- I have been thinking of you and I am so relieved for you.

LittleLady- congrats! When is your 1st u/s? Any thoughts about how many you think you'll see??

Jms-you will have very exciting news to share either way!! I'm sure your H is just happy to have a healthy baby on the way!

Becky- I hope the next donor is a platinum blonde and you are next!!!

CeeMonkey-so sorry for your scare. It must have been terrifying!! Glad to hear all is well though

DP-wow!! I'm so glad you have such fantastic news! I have been thinking of you and hoping your situation would turn around.

Stinkerbell- you are getting so close! Omg only 1 more month! Are you excited?

MrsT- I do hope you get your period already! The alternative does not seem pleasant, but I am glad there is no delay in your plan either way.

Melkel-wow! 22 weeks!! Couldn't be happier for you

Update-I will be starting BC pills with this period. I honestly don't know what has gotten into me, but I am getting really scared. We haven't done any treatments since last November and I'm afraid of repeating the past. We had initially planned on transferring 1, but fear is getting the best of me and I don't know if I can take another failure so we are reconsidering.

QOTW: I am such an emotional mess there's no way I could go through this process again with a camera on me.

Have a great week everyone!

Me (32) DOR, elevated NK Cells/ 2 copies of MTHFR mutation/ MH (35) azoo/high DFI   (TTC#1 since 2009)

IVFs#1-4: (4/10-2/12) all BFN

Surprise Bfp (9/11) - c/p

DS IUI#1-2 (9/12, 10/12) - BFN

DS IVF: (11/12) - BFN

DE/DS IVF#1: (10/13) - 2 day 3 embies transferred-BFFN

FET of 2 day 6 blasts: (12/13) - c/p

DE/DS IVF #2: (4/14) - 1 day 5 blast transferred...BFFN...again.

FET 5/14: 1 day 5 hatching blast transferred...another BFFN

Repeat SHG 6/14-normal / Endometrial Receptivity Array biopsy 7/14-Receptive Uterus

New RE, additional testing reveals elevated NK Cells

FET of 1 day 5 blast (RE recommends transferring 1 due to elevated NK cells) with lovenox, steroids & intralipids in October

• Options
    LittleLady77LittleLady77 member
    edited August 2013
    Km672 said:
    LittleLady- congrats! When is your 1st u/s? Any thoughts about how many you think you'll see?

My ultrasound is next Wednesday but its going to be crazy. I will be flying from San Jose to Chicago this Sunday for work. Then Chicago to Los Angeles on Wednesday. Seeing my out of town RE and the whole production crew for the last time (hopefully) then flying back to San Jose that day. Crazy! I have no idea about the #. My beta was high but that really doesn't mean anything. DH and his bestie (hopefully our kids god father) named our embryos GT2 & GT3 and DH keeps talking about them as if they both took.

imageimageimage
  • Options

1. Any news or updates?

We got our official transfer date! Now I just need to stay incredibly busy until September 5!

2. QOTW: If you had a chance to be in a documentary or reality show, would you? What would your ideal show be like?

I'd definitely be in a documentary or reality show. For documentary - one that rose awareness regarding IF, or Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome, which is medical issue I deal with. For a reality show - I'd want it to be like the Tom Green Show. No joke. Just randomness. 

• Options
    Km.....Honestly I keep wavering between excitement and then wanting to freak out about all of the "What if's..." So I am hoping the fact that I have lot of things coming up soon (races, friends visiting, etc)  to keep me busy will help :)

April 2013 DE IVF= BFN

• Options
    I'm sure keeping busy will help.
    I hate the waiting. The waiting is the hardest. Cycling is really hard too, but at least I felt like I was doing something!!

I really need to find another race!

Me (32) DOR, elevated NK Cells/ 2 copies of MTHFR mutation/ MH (35) azoo/high DFI   (TTC#1 since 2009)

Repeat SHG 6/14-normal / Endometrial Receptivity Array biopsy 7/14-Receptive Uterus

FET of 1 day 5 blast (RE recommends transferring 1 due to elevated NK cells) with lovenox, steroids & intralipids in October

• Options
    LittleLady-sounds like you have a crazy week next week. Don't forget to take time to take care of yourself!

I hope all is fantastic and you will be in my thoughts!!

• Options
    Well I finally called to make an appt at a new clinic to hopefully find a donor more quickly. Unfortunately they can't get me in til Oct. 1 (dammit should have called sooner), but they gave me a login to their patient portal and I can get in to see all the donor profiles!! There are so many...over 100 donors! Such a difference from clinic #1 which only had 1 avail. donor. I already have it narrowed down to my fave 3! I want DH to look at them and pick out his faves and then we can compare. Hopefully he will look tonight. Maybe if we get one picked out we can at least get on a waiting list while we wait for our appt (the 3 I like are currently matched). I'm excited! I don't think I could do a reality show. DH would never go for it and I would be worried about looking stupid on tv!!
    29 yrs. old w/ DOR & LPD: Highest FSH 30, AMH 0.16, low antral follicle count
    IUI#1 w/ Clomid, Trigger, and Crinone: BFP 9/12/12, EDD 5/24/13, mm/c 10/13/12, Testing done = Trisomy 16
    IUI#2-8 (injectables): BFN
    IVF #1- April 2013: Only 1 follicle on max stims- Converted to IUI: BFN
    DE IVF#1: BFP!! EDD 11/20/14
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Well I finally called to make an appt at a new clinic to hopefully find a donor more quickly. Unfortunately they can't get me in til Oct. 1 (dammit should have called sooner), but they gave me a login to their patient portal and I can get in to see all the donor profiles!! There are so many...over 100 donors! Such a difference from clinic #1 which only had 1 avail. donor. I already have it narrowed down to my fave 3! I want DH to look at them and pick out his faves and then we can compare. Hopefully he will look tonight. Maybe if we get one picked out we can at least get on a waiting list while we wait for our appt (the 3 I like are currently matched). I'm excited! I don't think I could do a reality show. DH would never go for it and I would be worried about looking stupid on tv!!
    Katie I'm so excited for you!! 100 donors? Wow.

Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• Options
    Yeah except DH and I looked at them separately and wrote down our favorites...I had 8, he had 4. Not ONE of them were the same. Ugh, this is not going to be easy! =(
    29 yrs. old w/ DOR & LPD: Highest FSH 30, AMH 0.16, low antral follicle count
    IUI#1 w/ Clomid, Trigger, and Crinone: BFP 9/12/12, EDD 5/24/13, mm/c 10/13/12, Testing done = Trisomy 16
    IUI#2-8 (injectables): BFN
    IVF #1- April 2013: Only 1 follicle on max stims- Converted to IUI: BFN
    DE IVF#1: BFP!! EDD 11/20/14
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I'm just hoping the few we are going to have to choose from are ones we agree on! GL

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• Options
    I'm a little late. Our big news is that one of my sons donor siblings mom just got in touch. Super exciting.
    Photobucket
    Husband and I are both carriers of Delta F508, one of the many mutations that cause Cystic Fibrosis. We pray for a cure.
    D-IUI #1 September 2011 ~ BFN D-IUI #2 October 2011 ~ BFP!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    "Maybe you don't need the whole world to love you, ya know. Maybe you only need one person." Kermit the Frog
  • Options
    JM1977JM1977 member
    edited August 2013

((Hugs)) to 2mamaz and Becky. 

There are some amazing things happening on this board.  I remember as we were just starting our journey, there were only a few DE ladies on these boards.  They were very inspirational, but it is truly wonderful to see so many people now building their families in these various ways.

Update: Doing fine. 31w3d with baby boy.  Our daughter will be turning 2 at the end of the month.  I made her a photo book that includes pictures of her donors just so that she will always be used to seeing them.

QOTW: I've gotten more open about IF and TPR as we've gone on, but I am not sure if I'd be up for a documentary or reality show.  I would like to get more involved in our local RESOLVE group at some point.

TTC with DOR, low morphology, fertilization issues
    IVF#1 Oct 2009 (CCRM) - BFN
    IVF#2 March 2010 - Poor response/cancelled
    DE IVF#1 Aug 2010 - BFN
    DE IVF#2 Dec 2010 - Transferred 1, 2 frozen - BFP!
    TTC#2 FET Jan 2013 - Transferred 1 - BFP!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    lmielocl1lmielocl1 member
    edited August 2013
    Hello!  I am new and am would probably fit in in the considering embryo donation/adoption route. We have a phone consult with California Conceptions on 8/20 and will make our final decision from there as to whether we will move forward. Excited & nervous at the same time!!  

QOTW: I probably would not sign up for a documentary or reality show.  I am open about my infertility & loss but I am introverted at the same time so I do not think I would feel comfortable speaking in front of cameras.  

I am so glad to see that this is here and I look forward to getting to know y'all!  = )

I hope it is ok that I have my ticker with the age of our DS1 - if this makes anyone uncomfortable, I will figure out how to remove. 
  • Options
    Waving hi to Imielocel! These ladies are full of knowledge and very helpful. You are in good hands here.. lol. No need to hide the ticker :) Wishing you all the best!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"