May 2013 Moms
Options

How is LO doing with naps at daycare?

90% of the time, LO's naps take place in my arms these days. If I put him down, he wakes up within a few minutes unless he's swaddled. Have any of you with similar babies started daycare yet? I'm curious if their napping habits  have changed since I highly doubt daycare teachers are going to sit and hold LO for every nap. I'm sure DS will get used to being placed in the crib (probably awake) when we start daycare in a week. I'm just interested to know how those babies who have struggled with naps at home have adjusted to daycare nap times. 

Re: How is LO doing with naps at daycare?

• Options
    MOMama987MOMama987 member
    edited August 2013

He generally sleeps better and longer at daycare than he does at home :)

ETA - they could always swaddle your LO, no? Ours swaddled DS until recently; now they use the swaddleme with arms out, like we do at night.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    This gives me hope! I have the same issue as OP and I am so worried about W at daycare. I was just telling DH we have 3 weeks to figure this nap situation out!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Same exact situation here. This was his second day at daycare. He naps for 30 minutes at a time... Though I don't know if he's really sleeping. They will not swaddle him - no blankets (or otherwise) allowed in his crib. All I know is that he's tired and cranky when he comes home...I know that will change when he adjusts to his surroundings.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker     

• Options

ETA - they could always swaddle your LO, no? Ours swaddled DS until recently; now they use the swaddleme with arms out, like we do at night.

Our DC said they don't swaddle. I should probably start now getting DS used to nothing, but I can't face it yet. ;) How's yours doing at night with arms out in the Swaddleme?
  • Options
    S doesn't sleep very well at daycare compared to at home. When she's at home, she usually gets a couple half hour to hour naps in, and a good 2+ hour nap over the course of the day. At daycare, if they can get her to sleep for longer than half an hour it was a good nap. Some days she comes home cranky, other days she's actually quite happy. She's been sleeping from 8:30 or so until 6 or later though, so maybe her napping for shorter periods during the day is helping her sleep longer at night!
  • Options
    clw617 said:

Our DC said they don't swaddle. I should probably start now getting DS used to nothing, but I can't face it yet. ;) How's yours doing at night with arms out in the Swaddleme?
    Eh... depends on the night. We seem to be going through some kind of sleep regression, but it started before the arms were out.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Simon is a good napper at home but at DC he takes short, frequent naps. He's only been going 2 weeks so I'm hoping he gets used to it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    After replying yesterday, when we picked S up from school yesterday they told DH that she had slept for 3 hours and were amazed at how she could sleep through just about anything. That was the first time she's slept that long at daycare, and her teachers said they actually tried making a bunch of noise near her crib to try and wake her up without actually waking her up after about 2 hours and nothing they did stirred her at all. So it is very possible for them to take good naps at daycare!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"