February 2014 Moms

Ultrasound ... no legs??

Hello everyone ,

I am at my 10 week mark and this is my first pregnancy. So I know I have been asking many silly questions... and here comes another

Lately I have been pretty paranoid about many things... Today its the ultrasound. We did one and there was a head, a body, a little knob for the arms but no legs. It freaked me out. I was like is everything ok. I didn't notice it until after I left the docs office and truly examined the u/s

Has anyone ever had this before? I am pretty sure every thing is fine and this is just one of my 1st trimester freak outs... but I still need to ask.

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Ultrasound ... no legs??

• If the Dr noticed there were no legs developing they would've said something. It's probably just the angle of the picture.

imageimage
  • I just had an u/s earlier this week and the picture was way worse than watching it on the screen. On my picture I can barely make out limbs. I am 12 weeks pregnant. I wouldn't worry about it if the doctor didn't mention anything.
  • Loading the player...
  • Yep, just the angle, no doubt. Mine looked the same way at 9 weeks (couldn't see legs), until the u/s tech moved to a different angle.

No worries...I guarantee they would've said something if your baby was missing limbs. :)

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• That's what I figured... my hubby told me I was overreacting, but I just needed to hear stories from ladies.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • yup, the angle. plus, the legs are really tiny and it's easy to miss them in a picture. 

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I can't find my baby's arms on the ultrasound picture for the life of me, but I know they're there! If there was something that majorly off, they would have noticed it for sure, set off alarm bells, and told you about it. Don't worry, I understand how off-putting that can be, but I'm sure everything's okay!!!! :-) 
  • My mother looked at my 12 week picture and said, "does it have legs?!" I could have slapped her! That is the last think a hormonal mom needs to hear! It was the angle. Actually, mine seemed to have a foot but no legs, so I'm sure it was just that particular picture :-)
  • Just like the others said, it's all about angle. I have a beautiful print out of baby at a bit over 12weeks, and there is no arms, and what seems to be a huge gap disconnecting the head from the body. :P But I also know I saw him/her waving and moving and squirming at the actual u/s, but yeah. No worries!!!!!!!
    BFP #1 4/23/11, EDD 1/4/12::No heartbeat @ 9 wks::D&C 6/1/11 
    Child #1  June 2012
    Child #2  Feb 2014
    Child #3  Feb 16
    BFP 3/9/17
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Is it facing you in the u/s?  If not, you can't really tell, but if it's facing you, look for an area that doesn't quite blend with the rest of the bottom half of the baby.  Check & see if there are denser-looking areas in the front.  Like, neither of my two look like they have legs outright, but when you examine the u/s closely, there are "whiter" or denser looking spots, & you can tell that they have their legs pulled up.  

One of mine has them pulled straight up, one had them crossed like at the ankle, but I do know at least the little bugger on the right has them, b/c baby kept using them to rabbit-kick the other baby in the head, & the doctor had to keep pausing for the two of them to stop fighting in order to finish the measurements.

U/s pics are difficult, especially so early on when baby isn't really stretched out and exploring, they're more kind of bunched and wiggly, but I'm sure you're baby is fine.
  • My ultrasound tech pointed out the arms and legs but I could not see them at all! (Baby wasn't moving much). I'm sure the doctor would have said something if there was a problem.
  • Jumping in from march. If baby wasn't moving much and had them tucked in you may not have seen them. We had the same concern about arms and the tech changed the position and we could see them, sometimes its just a funny angle, if no one has said anything, it's likely that they are there :)
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • It's the angle. Ours looked like a gloworm at the NT scan on Monday. 
    October Siggy Challenge "Scared People"
    BFP#1: 10-20-12 Missed M/C: 11-30-12
    BFP#2: 5-26-13 Due Date 2-2-14 
    COUNTDOWN BEGINS
    COMING 2-2-14
    BABY K

• My Dr said at this stage they look like gummy bears so that's how I picture it! :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"