January 2014 Moms

Registries

This may have already been a discussion topic, but are there any recommendations for the best place to register when the time comes? Or a mix of places? Any suggestions would be great :)

Re: Registries

• BabiesRUs and Target
    Pregnancy Ticker

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • BRU and Target and BuyBuyBaby give registry gifts, so we'll be doing BRU and Target! Plus, they are everywhere, so returns / exchanges will be really easy. 

December Siggy Challenge: Love Actually

Married DH: April 21 2012 // Expecting our first: Jan 20 2014
    BabyFetus Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • I've added Amazon to my round of registries because I feel that I will have a more complete registry there.  I'm going to base my other registries (BRU/Target) off that one.

M/C April 2005
    M/C July 2006
    BFP 9/28/12
    M/C 10/9/12
    10/30/12 diagnosed with Lupus Anticoagulation
    TTC again 3/11/13
    BFP 5/23/13!! Due Jan 29 with twin boys!

October Siggy Challenge ~ Baby Hitler

• Sorry to hijack this thread, but when you register at multiple places are you putting the same items on each registry? Like have your travel system on both registries? I understand the thought that you're giving people options of where to buy them, but I've seen registries like this and they make me nervous to buy those items. If I buy it from target, what's to stop someone from buying it at bru? And yes, the mom can just return the duplicate, but it's awkward giving duplicates at showers and I generally thought the point of registries was to avoid this if possible.
    photo e2fe0839-b11a-41d8-8a07-1ef481a55d67_zpsda9c0f6f.jpg photo 777c55cb-e377-4070-950b-fdeda172a809_zpscd40251a.jpg IMG_15901 photo IMG_15901.jpg
  • I personally would lean toward putting items on registries only once (wherever it's cheapest).
    This. Definitely.

I'm doing BRU and Target as well...

My cat can read EKGs, can your human do that?
    ♥BFP#1 12-23-12, M/C 12-31-12 at 5w4d♥
    ♥BFP#2 05-09-13, EDD 01-15-14. C/S 12-23-13 at 36w5d for complete previa. Healthy baby boy♥

• katags said:
    Sorry to hijack this thread, but when you register at multiple places are you putting the same items on each registry? Like have your travel system on both registries? I understand the thought that you're giving people options of where to buy them, but I've seen registries like this and they make me nervous to buy those items. If I buy it from target, what's to stop someone from buying it at bru? And yes, the mom can just return the duplicate, but it's awkward giving duplicates at showers and I generally thought the point of registries was to avoid this if possible.

No I wouldn't do this. You'd probably get a lot of duplicate gifts. I'm registering at two places because there are a few things that I want from Target and Babies R Us doesn't carry those items.

Missing Our July Sparkler
    BFP#1-11/12/12, MMC 1/16/13-baby stopped growing @ 9wks, found out at 13wks, D&E 1/25/13
    BFP#2-4/23/13 EDD-01/02/14 baby BOY born 12/31/13 Michael Cameron <3

• I've been doing some research online already and decided on buybuybaby and amazon. I will not be registering for any gifts twice. For example Amazon does not have many color options in the Britax stroller I want, however they do have a cool turtle music nightlight I really want! Plus better prices on most items. Buybuybaby takes bed bath and beyond coupons and I've heard their customer service is great.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm probably going to do Babies R Us for the majority of things, and Pottery Barn Kids for bedding and some other specialty items I've been eyeing.  I have heard from my friend who registered with Amazon for her wedding that she had issues with returns, so she didn't register there for her upcoming baby shower, just FYI.
                        Nathaniel Robert born 1.16.2014

• We live in the middle of nowhere, so we did Amazon and Target for DS.  I actually really loved my Amazon registry - and things are usualy cheapest there.

• We registered at BRU. I am less inclined to register at two places unlike for a wedding shower. For my wedding, we went to one place for our fine china and fancy stuff, and then another place for our every day measuring cups, spatulas, etc. There really isn't a difference for babies like there is for a wedding.

• @sugarland726 The only reason I see to register at two places is for the convenience of your guests.  If there isn't a BRU near your family (there isn't near mine, for example) it can be "nice" to pick a second place closer to them.  Or pick one "brick and mortar" store and one that does better with online purchases.

• We are putting the bigger items on BRU - Stuff that we know we will need a lot of like, Wipes, clothes, diapers, blankets will be on both-  Target and BRU are the easiest for us

• We did BRU cause that was all we really had around us.  Now there is a BBB which I like much more.  You could do one store and one online registry (like amazon) if you want more than one option. 

I wouldn't put the same items on different registries--returning duplicates is a pain!  I had a ton of returns to do (even with one registering at one place) and it was the last thing I wanted to do while 36 weeks pregnant. 

• We registered at BRU and Target last time. Most of my older family isn't comfortable with online shopping so we chose stores that had locations near everyone.
    __________________________________________________________________________________________ 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers  
  • Thanks everyone!
  • ashybearashybear member
    edited August 2013
    I wish there was a way to effectively register at independent stores! Having no option but chains or Amazon really has me conflicted, because I try really hard to not shop those places normally. I'm considering not registering for this very reason - I want people to feel like giving me handmedowns, something homemade or just good wishes is more than enough. But I also know that that annoys people who just want to mark something off a list. (I believe this is what we refer to as a "first world problem." ;-))
    Ashley, FTM, Age 31, Southern California
    Jude Meyer was born January 12, 2014, at 21 inches, 7lb, 8oz.

image imageimage
  • We will register at BRU and Pottery Barn Kids; different items at each place. I like Target better but the selection is extremely limited in my area so BRU is better for us.

Pregnancy Ticker

• For my first pregnancy I did BRU, Target, & Amazon. All of my big items were through BRU. Target and Amazon were entirely smaller items...sheets, pacifiers, towels, and other miscellaneous stuff. Truthfully, the Amazon one was more for the completion discount figuring their prices would most likely be cheaper than BRU on a lot of things if I was going to be buying it out of pocket (not gift cards or gifts). I never got a completion credit from Target. They gave me a coupon for $5 off a purchase, which I'm sorry but was pretty pathetic.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"