Parenting
Options

"Appropriate" words

2»

Re: "Appropriate" words

• Options
    Oh please.  We don't have personal conversations while cleaning up shit.  lol

I'm sure there are gay ironworkers.  But stereotypically, it isn't the image you get.  Which is part of why I've said it to him.
    I don't normally argue with anyone... but this I have to sideeye.  Gay people are in every profession you can think of, as professions and sexual orientation have nothing to do with one another.  You should not conjure up any sort of "image" when you think of someone that is gay.  And the way you are using  the word "gay" is a slur, whether you intend it that way or not.
  • Options
    RayRay007 said:
    It's not about one being a handicap and the other not. It's about using the terms to imply something is negative, ergo being gay or retarded is a negative thing. 
    Well, as I've said, I don't ever mean it negatively or hurtfully.  It's a joke.  Kind of like when Daniel Tosh jokes that he only likes big fake titties or Jim Gaffigan says he just slept through the birth of his children and then asked his wife to make him a sandwich.

It isn't true, but funny.

Holy shit!!! I get it now. You're just stupid. Plain and simple. Those guys put women down with their comments and it may be funny but ITS STILL SEXIST AND WRONG!!!

"We like nothing better than buffing our Zygoma. And imagining a horny time traveling long overcoat purple scarf wearing super sleuth nordic legend fuck fantasy. Get to work on that, internet." Benedict Cumberbatch

GIFSoup 

<a href

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mom2Oli said:
    can we just dd this whole thing?
    I'd rather Sherman's March it. 

BURN EVERYTHING!!

Ladies on TB are too sensitive because they're ladies!

I feel sorry for your child!

A few gay jokes never hurt anybody!

BURN IT ALL. 

• Options

"We like nothing better than buffing our Zygoma. And imagining a horny time traveling long overcoat purple scarf wearing super sleuth nordic legend fuck fantasy. Get to work on that, internet." Benedict Cumberbatch

GIFSoup 

<a href

• Options
    Scout2005 said:
    I think people can be sorry your daughter is being raised with ignorant view points without thinking CPS need be called.

But I get it, you think the hyperbole is funny. We've established you're challenged in that area.
    So you pity people who don't think like you.  Not surprising.
    LAWLZ. 

THIS THREAD IS HILARIOUS.  Hilarious like no gay joke that existed ever!
  • Options
    Holy fuck, BrandiBee. I feel sorry for your daughter.
    Puh-lease.  Someone already implied that before, it doesn't work on me.  Me thinking the occasional gay joke is no big deal doesn't mean my daughter is neglected in any way.

This is what is hilarious about this website.  If you really say something people disagree with and they get riled up enough, they can actually rationalize in their mind that you are a negligent parent.  It's like a spreading fire or something.

I guess CPS will be stopping by!  Isn't that something else TB is popular for?

No, it just means she will turn out like you most likely. Hence us feeling sorry for her growing up to be an ignorant twit. Sucks too, she looks smart and cute now, but a few more years of your influence.

GIFSoup 

<a href

• Options
    To think this started out with a discussion about the word "sucks".

bfp#4 3/19/2014 edd 12/1/2014 please let this be the one!

beta @ 5w0d = 12,026! u/s 4/22/14 @ 8w1d it's twins!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Holy fuck, BrandiBee. I feel sorry for your daughter.
    Puh-lease.  Someone already implied that before, it doesn't work on me.  Me thinking the occasional gay joke is no big deal doesn't mean my daughter is neglected in any way.

This is what is hilarious about this website.  If you really say something people disagree with and they get riled up enough, they can actually rationalize in their mind that you are a negligent parent.  It's like a spreading fire or something.

I guess CPS will be stopping by!  Isn't that something else TB is popular for?

No, it just means she will turn out like you most likely. Hence us feeling sorry for her growing up to be an ignorant twit. Sucks too, she looks smart and cute now, but a few more years of your influence.
    Dude, I am with everyone else that her use of gay is absolutely wrong, but I also won't hesitate to call you out for calling her daughter an "ignorant twit."  Her daughter is autistic, and you saying what you did is no better than BB saying hurtful things.

I didn't know that but I was calling her the ignorant twit, not her daughter, and that her daughter will grow up under the shadow of her mom's ignorance. Since we don't always know everything in everyone's life we don't always know what will and will not be offensive, and since that is what the convo turned into I should have kept it in mind. My apologies for not articulating that correctly.

I'm sorry @Brandi Bee is an ignorant twit. I hope that is better.

GIFSoup 

<a href

• Options
    Why hasn't this come out yet? 

• Options
    Also, @Brandi Bee being an ass does not make it okay for me to be an ass, I am sorry to everyone I offended with that comment.

GIFSoup 

<a href

• Options
    @OnederfulMother you are right, that ignore function does work wonders. I just used it for the first time.

GIFSoup 

<a href

• Options
    I'm really fucking curious at this point why you even remotely bother with this board, BB.
  • Options
    *blink* 

holy fuck.

What the actual hell did I just do!?
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Marian Abigail :: born 9-16-2012 via emergency C/S
    BFP on 11-14-2014, aiming for a VBAC

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    overture said:
    I'm really fucking curious at this point why you even remotely bother with this board, BB.
    Why?  I should leave because I don't share everyone's opinion and I'm not well liked?  

I mean, I know that's the mentality around here, but it doesn't matter to me.
    You can do whatever the hell you want.  I just really wonder what you get out of it.

Are you a masochist?
  • Options
    I want to be one someone's post it.
  • Options
    Wine O MiteWine O Mite member
    edited August 2013
    overture said:
    You can be on my post-it, Wino.

My post-it of ladies I wish I could send dick pics to.
    Dammit...I missed the bottom half of this.

I like this very much.  thank you.
  • Options
    The other day at the store this douche was parked next to the cart corral and didn't put the cart up. WTF.

GIFSoup 

<a href

• Options
    Mom2Oli said: You know how sometimes you pull yourself out of a cesspool and then you bathe and smell all nice. Then you go eat a big plate of noodles because carbs make you not think about shitty people in this world? Then you walk by the cesspool again and no matter how much you tell yourself, don't jump in, you walk too close to the edge and you fall in?

No? just me? *sigh* here goes

@BrandiBee not everyone is on here emotionally vested in making lifelong friends. That's not what this whole thread was about. But, what it WAS about, you'll not get because you have your eyes closed to the fact that using any term to make fun of something else makes it derogatory. Whether it's using woman or gay to imply you are emotionally weak, or blonde or retarded to imply stupidity, it's wrong. Whether done in private to your husband and your friends or shouted out from the rooftop in a public square.

It's wrong, period.

Now, I have to go bathe again. And, eat another plate of noodles.
    No, no, you don't get it though. She
    doesn't mean it that way so it's ok. 

• Options
    I wondered how this went on for 7 pages.  Now I know.
    Hiliarity did NOT ensue. 
  • Options
    KJLx121 said:
    I put "sucks" in a different category than "crap" or "shoot." When I was younger and said crap, my school was iffy and kinda said "uhm, can't we find a better word?"
    Sucks was not allowed until you were in high school. I do find that weird that little kids are saying that.
    Sucks is worse than crap!? 
    Am I missing something? What is wrong with saying something sucks? I mean, besides the negativity. But the word itself is not a bad word.

No, it's not really I guess. It's just the way I was raised. Crap is an exclamation. Crap, shoot, etc. Those are "accidental" words that slip out. If you're saying someone sucks as a small child, yeah I find that odd. If a little kid is copying mom and dad and is like oh that sucks, that's different. I suppose it's what's being described. For instance, I heard little children in walmart yelling "you stop!" to each other the other day and I turned to my mom and said "they said STOP, right?" because if you're like 3 and 5 and saying "you suck," "no, you suck," to each other, yeah, that's iffy to me.

Formerly known as KJLx121.
  • Options
    I don't allow my children to use those words. I just don't see a reason for it. Then again, I'm a hypocrit. I have a bit of a potty mouth...my kids call me on it all the time. My swear jar is going to put them through college. That is my solace.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"