March 2014 Moms

Husband praise!

No husband bashing here please.

Something I have been wanting to do for weeks now, WEEKS, is weed the flowerbed. It's either been too hot, rainy, or I've had zero energy. Sure I can vacuum and wipe the counters, but weeding...oy!

I return from my boot camp workout and my DH weeded the whole thing! AND he's cooking dinner! Omg I'm in love!

We agreed no sex til the second tri, but I think he's gonna get a little something else tonight ;D

Lets hear it for awesome husbands!

Re: Husband praise!

• What a sweetheart!  I feel so lucky to have an awesome husband right now too, I don't know how I would handle all of this without his support and sweet gestures.  He is not a cook, and he let me stay in bed the other morning while he went downstairs and I walked him through making pancakes on facetime.  They weren't very good :), but it was the sweetest thing.  So happy for you and your husband - enjoy this time!!!
    Pregnancy Tickerimage
  • What an awesome DH! Mine cooked dinner tonight and is now watching the kiddos so I can get a little bit of rest. I had a cake order to complete today and have been so nauseated that I'm just done. Thankfully, he stepped in!
    Bubba, born Jan. 2007 * Sissy, born Apr. 2009 * Baby Sister, born Feb. 2014
  • Loading the player...
  • Yay for amazing husbands! Mine has really stepped up with taking care of most of the household chores while he works full time and goes to school! He hasn't asked once for anything! I have been nauseous the past few weeks and this week sick with a nasty cold. He has been amazing!
    Anniversary BabyFetus Ticker
  • That's so sweet! Every husband should take notes from these guys. Mine had been pretty awesome to considering my mother, sister and younger brother are all here during finals week. He somehow managed to clean the house, do all the laundry, cook some dinner AND get a 95 on his first test. We haven't been ya know intimate in a few days bc I've been really nervous and painfully gassy but once they leave I may treat him with a little something for being so incredible for me. Although his constant worrying about me crying out in pain in my sleep kept waking me, it was comforting to know he was at my side for every twinge... Darn constipation and gas ruining my sex life and my sleep!
    BabyName Ticker}
  • Aww what a great guy!! My hubs has been pretty great lately too. Tonight he made me homemade steak soup bc it's the only thing that sounded good. I am so lucky to have a man who loves to cook!!

IAmPregnant Ticker image VOTE on my Name List
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker 
    March Siggy Theme
  • Woohoo!!! Mine has been amazing! This is our first and he wants to know every little thing he can and he has done all the cooking/cleaning since we got back from vacation. I'm sure it helps that I can't really eat right now but still haha he tries.
    Anniversary Pregnancy Ticker
  • Mine told me to stop setting goals on cleaning today, lol.  He knows that I feel like crap - and it will get done when it gets done.. even if it takes me another 4-6 weeks to get to it ;)
    mama to: addison (6) emery (3) oliver (brand new!)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • rachbaby1 said:

What a sweetheart!  I feel so lucky to have an awesome husband right now too, I don't know how I would handle all of this without his support and sweet gestures.  He is not a cook, and he let me stay in bed the other morning while he went downstairs and I walked him through making pancakes on facetime.  They weren't very good :), but it was the sweetest thing.  So happy for you and your husband - enjoy this time!!!

That is the cutest thing ever!! I starting training mine to cook a few years ago ;) but I definitely feel like this is something my hubs would do. What sweet guys we have ladies!! Mine has been soooo supportive and going the extra mile (even if he's not getting any :p lol) and I don't know how he's been able to keep it up! He works two jobs and most nights comes home and cleans what I didn't have the energy to do. Or makes sure to cook dinner before he leaves for his second job because I've been so nauseous. We are blessed gals, that's for sure!!! 8->
  • My husband has been doing all of the cooking and grocery shopping since about 5 weeks when the morning sickness set in. He did that last time too. And he's been loading and unloading the dishwasher . . . dishes are his most hated chore and ordinarily I do all of them.

And he's taken on the laundry, including the cloth diapers. He's pretty much keeping the household running on top of working.

Lovely idea, @HKline922!
    It's a boy! Born 42 weeks, 2 days.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • My hubby has been such a life saver during this pregnancy! I have been so sick this time around and hubby comes home from long work days, makes dinner, picks up, puts our 2 year old to bed and takes care of me! I can tell he is super exhausted and I am so grateful for all he has done! I can't wait until second trimester when I can finally start doing more again and take more off of his plate!
  • Aww! Sweet DHs and dads. Mine went to the grocery store late tonight in search of ginger candies and Gatorade because I'm feeling queasy.
    TTC #1 as of Feb. 2013
    BFP on Mar. 4, 2013, DX with MMC (blighted ovum) at 8 weeks, D&C
    TTC again as of May 2013
    BFP on June 24, 2013, EED March 12, 2014
    Diagnosed with endometriosis, PCOS, heterozygous MTHFR and positive for ANA

GROW BABY, GROW!
    BabyFruitTicker
  • My hubby doesn't let me do the dishes which I love!! And he has even thanked me when I clean. Now mostly he really likes my boobs and how big they are getting :) maybe he'll get something soon for being such a sweetheart.
  • Yay for wonderful husbands! My husband has been awesome. I mentioned wanting chocolate milk this morning and he ran out and got some without saying anything, plus came back with candy corn which is my favorite. Then I caught him texting one of his friends about how excited he is about the baby. So sweet!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • How did we all get so lucky??? Mine has been doing a lot of his own research about the baby and all of its developments all by himself. He's also been really supportive of my insomnia and keep insisting that if I have to be awake he might as well too, even though he's been working stupid hours plus farming with his dad.
    First Pregnancy Confirmed: July 18, 2013 ~ EDD: March 19, 2014 BabyFetus Ticker
  • Such sweet guys all around :) Makes me want to do something really special for every single mom I know!
    Pregnancy Tickerimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"