Parenting
Options

New baby due next week and DD bedtime stalling/crying

Hola Ladies! Long time no see! :)

I need your advice-

DD has been in a full size bed since May with no problems. Goes to sleep great for the most part after a very consistent bedtime routine. However, last night she went into hysterics that she doesn't like her bed and basically went insane every time I tried to leave her- tears, snots, the whole 9. I ended up getting stuck up there until she fell asleep. She never cries at bedtime so I didn't just want to leave her up there flipping out, especially with such a huge change coming. She insisted that I be the one to read her stories (normally she's ok with H doing it but I still have to go up and do the goodnight routine most nights). Any thoughts on what I can do tonight if the same thing happens? I am guessing it will since she started crying during quiet time today saying she doesn't like quiet time and she doesn't like her room.

I really hope this isn't a new fun thing. I am planning to talk with her at dinner and while we're getting ready for bed about what's going to happen and how I'm going to kiss her goodnight and go downstairs. I am hoping that works. Unfortunately, H is working late tonight, so no backup.

Thanks!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: New baby due next week and DD bedtime stalling/crying

• Options

Holy crap!  Hi!!  Congrats on the new LO!!

Betsy went through a phase like this a few months ago and the one thing that really helped was putting a little CD player in her room and letting her fall asleep to music.  You could try that? 

• Options
    Thanks! Good idea! She has one of those star lady bug things that she's been using.

Good to "see" you! :) I am scared after reading that 3 is worse than 2 post.. ::shudder::
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Aw, Congrats and good luck!
    Thanks so much! I don't recognize your sn... :)
  • Options

I was a sometime poster back in our tri days, I didn't really start posting until Oct of 2010. I went by zeadfly at that time. I doubt you'd remember me, but I always remembered the kitty avatar.
    It sounds familiar! :) I know there were a lot of s/n changes so I never know who anyone is anymore.
  • Options
    Haha not creepy! Similar names! :)

So as a follow up I put her to bed and we talked about how it was going to go. Then she started pulling the stuff she was doing last night and I told her we're not doing this, that everyone has to go to sleep in their bed at night and that if I have to go in there she is going to lose a "friend" (stuffed animal; she's obsessed and has a particular group that MUST sleep in bed with her). Seems to have done the trick. Asleep with no crying! Whew. I was nervous it was some sort of baby coming clingy thing.

I'm sorry I'm not around more. Been lurking a bit lately but don't often have time to post. DD doesn't nap and I also WAH p/t. I hope everyone is doing well! XOXO
  • Options
    My great sleeper went to shit sleeper the week we brought dd home. He is 2 1/2 and did great since 6 months, sleeping 11-13 hours straight. In the past two months since having dd he started Mother's Day out twice a week, soccer, all 4 of his 2 year molars and being sick. He seriously woke up 5-8 times a night for a month! So I wasn't sleeping and got tonsillitis for 3 weeks it was horrid! He still sleeps ok but gets up 1-3 times a night and almost has quit napping even though he needs them. I would do the cd thing, and explain what's gonna happen. They say its normal when you bring a baby home to regress. It was awful but getting better very slowly.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thanks, ladies! I am nervous about the regression... Most so about baby sleeping in our room even though she hasn't since she was 3 mos. I guess we should prep her for that. I'm most nervous about potty issues. She's been o/t during the day for almost a yr.
  • Options
    We also had dd in our room
    But only a month. It helped him not be as jealous and I slept better too. Dd grunts a ton and kept me up. I have a video monitor and she's not too far. I ebf and its nbd. We had ds in our room for 3 months but that was when he was our only.
  • Options
    What's o/t? Ds is pt and bringing dd home had no effect on that thank God
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"