August 2013 Moms

Question before I freak out and call the doc!

I'm 36w6d. I haven't felt baby move today except for when I move to my right side. I am in bed today due to a lot of lower back pain. Should I go ahead and call doc? Anything is helpful thank you!

Re: Question before I freak out and call the doc!

• So, if you feel the baby when you move to your right side, you have felt the baby move.

Call the doctor or don't call. That's not a decision for us to make. Do what you need to do for your own peace of mind.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerLilypie First Birthday tickers

BFP 3/29/2014 2u2 Let's do this!

BabyFruit Ticker

photo crunchy_zps41233998.gif

• Loading the player...
  • You should definitely call.
  • if you are feeling movement then I wouldn't call.  my LO has days where she hardly moves and the next day she is all over the place.  I thought about calling those days but I was getting a little bit of movement so I didn't and everything is still fine.  but if you are really worried it doesn't hurt to ask your doctor.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • If you lay on the right side are you noticing 4-5 movements (kicks, rolls, hiccups, anything) within an hour? If so, chances are you're fine. 

However, if that's a sudden and drastic change to what your LO normally does or you're just not comfortable with that, call. 
    DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • If it were me I probably wouldn't call.  If you call they will send you in for a non-stress test most likely, which is annoying, costs a lot of money, and takes a long time.  If you feel the baby move when you're lying on a certain side, you're feeling the baby move.  It's only if you don't feel the baby move at all that it's usually a problem.  
  • Ditto PP's. Somedays my girl has lazy days, but as soon as I drink grape juice (IDK why it always works with grape juice) she starts having a dance party.. Follow your instincts, if you aren't comfortable with it- call. That's what they are there for. 
    A'13 June Siggy Contest- TV Dads
  • Just call... It will make you feel better. I have called once and they were overly helpful and brought me in right away for a sono. Better to be sure than to be sorry later.
  • I'd call. My nurses have NEVER made me feel bad about calling for anything, even simple questions I just forgot to ask my doctor at my appts!
    Joy

Proud mom to:

Cameron (Jan 11, 2000)
    Cassidy (May 5, 2005)
    Callen (August 23, 2013)

My heavenly angels
    ~Caleb~ Jan 21, 1999
    ~Carys~ April 29, 2011
  • So I know this is my first-ever post on this forum (sorry ladies!) but as an Aug 11 and Aug 13 mom, I learned to eat a cupful of ice or ice chips. Juice and Popsicles didn't work for DS1 and I ended up spending two hours in L&D and $200. All they did there was give me ice chips and he woke right up! On a happier note: I gave birth to him exactly one week later. :-) Maybe this means you're close!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"