November 2012 Moms

Worried

Yesterday when DD got home from daycare I changed her diaper. It was peed in but no poop. I wiped her and got a bit of poop on the wipe. Put on her overnight diaper.
Last night she screamed all night and would not sleep. I noticed this last week and the week before, that on a certain daycare days she either has a hard time getting to sleep and we have a 2 hour battle or she wakes up screaming for hours on end.
This morning there was blood when I wiped her and when I looked all around her butt is fairly raw.
I hate to think that something is going on at daycare, could it just be they weren't wiping her down well?
We do  have a dr appt set for tomorrow afternoon, am I being paranoid?

Re: Worried

• No gut feeling otherwise, they all seem like nice people there. She's been going for 6 months and it's only the last few weeks that we've had the sleeping issues and then the stuff from yesterday and today.
    The horror stories are so bad though, that may be adding to my fears.
    I love my munchkin so much the thought that something bad could be going on fills me with fear and makes me want to puke.
  • I think I would be worried.  My first thought would be food related though.  Are they giving her something new or different? Maybe an allergy? Could she have gotten into something?  What is the daycare like?  Is it in someone's home or is it a center?  Do they provide you with reports on her diapers and food?  I think I would look into those things.  When my LO went to daycare, I got a full report on his diapers and use of cream, etc.  Maybe they need to be using something on her so that her butt isn't raw.  I would think that could be really painful and might keep her up.  Just my thoughts.

• Loading the player...
  • No such thing as being paranoid. Let us know what happens. But it's prob nothing!
  • kangtini said:

I think I would be worried.  My first thought would be food related though.  Are they giving her something new or different? Maybe an allergy? Could she have gotten into something?  What is the daycare like?  Is it in someone's home or is it a center?  Do they provide you with reports on her diapers and food?  I think I would look into those things.  When my LO went to daycare, I got a full report on his diapers and use of cream, etc.  Maybe they need to be using something on her so that her butt isn't raw.  I would think that could be really painful and might keep her up.  Just my thoughts.

Food wise she gets leftovers from whatever she had for dinner the night before. Although yesterday I sent a Plum pouch for her instead. A flavor we hadn't tried yet (Blueberry something).  I don't think they sent a food report home yesterday, and very rarely do I get a diaper change report.  The only other difference is she uses wipes at daycare and not at home.  I hope that is all it is.

Thanks for the ideas of it being a food thing.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"