PSA: s/o can of worms

2»

Re: PSA: s/o can of worms

• Options
    I thought mom jeans were replaced by the oh so comfortable yoga pant? Lol

Some of these seem so odd that it could spark a debate
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @rondackhiker Please, tell me what a mom jeans/hair/car debate consists of. I'm dying to know.
    @JordyInIndy I'm not the best person to ask since I don't fully get it. Apparently it's bad to look like a mom, which is odd since we are moms. But there are "mom" haircuts and jeans and cars. Mom cars are minivans. Mom jeans are high waisted I think... Or unflattering. Or something. I don't think I've ever really gotten what makes jeans mom jeans versus just an unflattering cut or not being in style. Mom haircuts are short cuts, but only if they're not styled (I am not clear on this either) or longer hair only worn in ponytails. I have never been that into style so I've had mom hair (ponytail) since I was in college. Sucks for me, I guess.
    Also, wearing sneakers and jeans together is a big no no...
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
    photo 031414d1_zps227fd907.jpg photo SilverPoster_zpsec3507ce.jpg
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    photo Ribbon_zps406cb11d.jpg Peanut 07/05/07 CP @ 4w3d photo Ribbon_zps406cb11d.jpg Sweet Pea 04/21/08 @ 7wks
    The Blog
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    You all forget extended rear-facing versus forward facing.

And I'm sure there are debates we haven't even thought of that will come up. A few I've seen:
    ~Having sex before being cleared by docs after birth
    ~Having sex with newborn in the bedroom (luckily I've only ever seen one person admit to doing it with LO in the bed...)
    ~dumping pets (especially if LO startled or hurt the pet in some way and it reacted like a normal startled creature would do)
    ~returning shopping carts
    ~kids wearing PJs in public
    ~POUCHES
    ~cart covers
    ~juice
    ~when to start solids
    ~purees vs baby lead weaning
    ~going down slides with your kid
    ~kids wearing jean shorts
    ~Mom hair/pants/cars/whatever
    ~why some poster had a kid/had another kid with her SO who refuses to help and kind of sucks in general
    ~when to leave baby with a sitter for an hour, two hours, evening, overnight
    ~if DH watching the baby while mom runs out is baby-sitting

-Not just breastmilk vs formula, but the extent of nursing in public.
    -Piercing your baby's ears (boy or girl)
    -Posting pictures of mucous plugs
    -Leashes/harnesses for toddlers
    -The amount of TV your kid should/does watch

Then comes the one-upping and exaggerating about meeting milestones.

• Options
    sdlaurasdlaura member
    edited August 2013
    kb3ll said:
    You all forget extended rear-facing versus forward facing.

And I'm sure there are debates we haven't even thought of that will come up. A few I've seen:
    ~Having sex before being cleared by docs after birth
    ~Having sex with newborn in the bedroom (luckily I've only ever seen one person admit to doing it with LO in the bed...)
    ~dumping pets (especially if LO startled or hurt the pet in some way and it reacted like a normal startled creature would do)
    ~returning shopping carts
    ~kids wearing PJs in public
    ~POUCHES
    ~cart covers
    ~juice
    ~when to start solids
    ~purees vs baby lead weaning
    ~going down slides with your kid
    ~kids wearing jean shorts
    ~Mom hair/pants/cars/whatever
    ~why some poster had a kid/had another kid with her SO who refuses to help and kind of sucks in general
    ~when to leave baby with a sitter for an hour, two hours, evening, overnight
    ~if DH watching the baby while mom runs out is baby-sitting

I would hope some of these would be too trivial to get upset over...but then again...

I'm really impressed with this comprehensive list :). The only other ones I can think of are: -putting a carseat on top of the seat part of a shopping cart vs. in the main part of the cart, and -having baby on some kind of schedule/routine vs. anything goes Oh, and what could the debate possibly be about going down slides with your kid? That one's new to me....
    BFP #1 9/2010 (lost our baby at 21 weeks) BFP #2 8/2011 (ectopic pregnancy) BFP #3 10/2011 (chemical pregnancy) BFP #4 12/2011 (Abigail born 8/15/12) BFP #5 5/2013 (Griffin born 1/23/14 with heart defects, now repaired!)

photo 72ec2e97-1e39-4650-8caa-7a40c9ac500b.jpg imagephoto 929c6b58-8824-44a8-a8a6-68330306a3a9.jpg
  • Options

People take pics of mucous plugs????

Yes, but it's already been outlawed on Feb. 14.

Google that shit, yo.

BFP #1 5.26.08 DD born 1.4.09
    BFP #2 3.11.12 m/c 3.26.12
    BFP #3 10.7.12 m/c 10.27.12
    BFP #4 2.24.13 ectopic MTX 3.13.13 Right tube removed 3.29.13
    BFP #5 5.27.13 DS born 1.22.14

BFP #6 4.14.16

Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    -Not just breastmilk vs formula, but the extent of nursing in public.
    -Piercing your baby's ears (boy or girl)
    -Posting pictures of mucous plugs
    -Leashes/harnesses for toddlers
    -The amount of TV your kid should/does watch

Then comes the one-upping and exaggerating about meeting milestones.
    People take pics of mucous plugs????
    It has happened.

• Options
    L12541 said:
    kb3ll said:

I would hope some of these would be too trivial to get upset over...but then again...

I'm really impressed with this comprehensive list :). The only other ones I can think of are: -putting a carseat on top of the seat part of a shopping cart vs. in the main part of the cart, and -having baby on some kind of schedule/routine vs. anything goes Oh, and what could the debate possibly be about going down slides with your kid? That one's new to me....
    I'm not sure what the debate is, but it might be associated with breaking your kid's leg.  It actually happened to a friend of mine about a month ago.  I'm not one to criticize though, since I slipped down the stairs carrying DD and broke her leg that way.

I'm sad that sneakers and jeans are a no-no, but I've been doing that my whole life, so I'm not sure it has to do much with being a mommy.
    IMG_2304IMG_3206
    Baby Girl #2 is on her way!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    What's up with all these threads? IMO those comments/posts serve no purpose other than to stir up drama.

And kudos to original poster for use of the word humble brag!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"