October 2013 Moms

Small boobies and BF

I'm embarrassed to even ask this but I'm genuinely curious.. I finished reading a breastfeeding book last night and it included some lovely pictures of some big bazookas. I've always been small. Like my first bra in 7th grade was a barely there 32 A. Now that I'm pregnant I'm a "full" 32 A. :) possibly a 32 B here and there. Am I going to struggle with breastfeeding because of this? I feel like its gonna be hard for little babe to even get up there and get anything. Is anyone else not so gifted in the boob department and been successful breastfeeding?

I know I'm being crazy and probably over thinking this. HELP.

Jude Beckham 10/23/2013   Sean & Chels 03/08/2012

Re: Small boobies and BF

• No you'll be fine. Breast size has nothing to do with ability to bf. good luck!
    SQUIRREL!!!

• As long as you have nipples you should be good :) I'm getting bigger and just now fitting into my kids size 32A (with only 1 snap lol) My breasts have almost 5 years of nursing experience.
    Emily & Alex imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • My boobs were 34A before getting pregnant with DD. they went to 36B in my third tri and stayed that way even after weaning after 15 months, you can successfully breastfeed... And hopefully, you may get a little more oomf afterwards! I like my boobs much better now than I did before getting pregnant the first time. And actually, it seems more convenient to BF with small ones because you can conceal it way more easily!

• My boobs were 34A before getting pregnant with DD. they went to 36B in my third tri and stayed that way even after weaning after 15 months, you can successfully breastfeed... And hopefully, you may get a little more oomf afterwards! I like my boobs much better now than I did before getting pregnant the first time. And actually, it seems more convenient to BF with small ones because you can conceal it way more easily!
    Oh, I hope this happens to me lol.  I went from an A to a C and am loving my new boobs.  

• I researched this a little because I'm also small chested and haven't grown much and the consensus seems to be that if anything small boobs can be helpful and produce as much, if not more milk. Lots of moms seemed to think that it was much easier to breast feed too, because you don't have as much to cover up! My midwife mentioned once that my nipples looked perfect for breast feeding, can't remember what term she used but that seems to be the most important thing!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Breast size does not equal a good or plentiful BFer.

photo f5b87909-fb54-49d9-91f2-1c11ca11c6c6_zpsb539db06.jpgimage
    imageimagehttps://us.v-cdn.net/5020794/uploads/FileUpload/07/a4ee8a96ea9a5b36f67716d2e4a85b.jpg

• My MIL said she was flat as a wall when she had hers. She breast fed 5... and she is still completely flat.

DS1 - 6/07
    DS2 - 8/08
    DS3- 9/09
    DD1 - 11/11
    DD2 - 10/13
    DD3 - Csection Scheduled November 29th
  • I think, if anything, the shape of your nipples will either help or hinder your ability to breastfeed.  I'm a 36D but my nipples are flat (maybe even inverted).  It was hard for my LO to get a good latch and we struggled with BF'ing for about 5 months before I gave it up.  

I'm hoping to go longer this time and plan to hire a lactation consultant to assist me right after the birth so we get off to a good start.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    image    image

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    A girl can dream, right? 

Jude Beckham 10/23/2013   Sean & Chels 03/08/2012

• I was a 34b before kids. I bfed both my girls over a year. Most of my friends that bfed successfully had smaller breasts now that I actually think about it.

It is nice that you have less to cover.
    Charlotte 12.3.09
    Madeline 6.24.11
    Eleanor 9.30.13
  • My boobs are about the size of mosquito bites (super padded bra's up in hurr) and I was able to successfully BF DD1 for 15 months. Breast size has no role in milk production. Plus small boobs make it SUPER easy to NIP (nurse in public), especially w/o a cover.

• Pickle123Pickle123 member
    edited August 2013
    Not a stupid question.....I had concerns about this as well, but was able to breastfeed/pump for 13 months. You'll be fine!  When pumping I would get 7 oz on each side...so definitely not a problem at all!
    Due October 29
  • My good friend just had her son 3 weeks ago. Always was an A cup size, and now she is BFing like a champ, and has a D cup size to go with it!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"