April 2013 Moms
Options

Swimsuit horror!

My brother in law is coming to town this weekend to celebrate his 30th birthday. Of course they want to go out on the boat on Sunday. The though tof going out baring my PALE post baby body in a bathing suit terrifies me. I don't look TOO terrible naked, but definitely have a pooch and flabby thighs. All I have are teeny bikinis since I've always been a slim size 4. I just haven't had much time to work out since DH works constantly and all the local gyms do not have child care. Any cute swim suit suggestions? Or maybe I should "get food poisoning" lol.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Swimsuit horror!

• Options
    High wasted bathing suits are definetly in and you can find them anywhere. I bought mine from Macy's. Now the flabby thigh thing is another issue that I'd love a suggestion to.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    If you don't plan to be in the water get a cute wrap for your waist, that may help with worrying about our thighs. As for your pooch, why not try a tankini? I've been wearing a one piece since college days so I've always had my pooch covered! As far as being pale, what about self tanner ? I used tanning towelettes and they worked really well. Good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    NicoleSB80NicoleSB80 member
    edited July 2013
    I went with a nice tankini top and a fuller coverage bottom. Target had a TON of mix and match top and bottom options and I was able to find pieces that fit me just right and flattered my new (hopefully temporary) figure.

Secondly Jergens natural glow tanning lotion is awesome. Use it everyday for a week and you have a nice bronze look. After a week I just use it everyday 2-4 days to keep the color...don't try to go darker or you might look orange.

ETA: I've used the lotion twice a day a couple times when I had a time crunch

• Options
    Tankini all the way -- double layers = extra sucking in coverage. :-)  
    Self tanner will make you look more toned (sadly, I am allergic to DHA so I can't use the lotion OR spray tan -- boo hoo!)  

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    sms04jsms04j member
    edited July 2013
    I'll try the self tanner. Any suggestions for self tanners that don't smell completely gross?

• Options
    sms04jsms04j member
    edited July 2013
    I haven't seen wraps nearly as much as I used to. But those are pretty cute

• Options
    If not a wrap they also have a ton of cute coverups which are basically flower dresses.

I kinda like te smell of the Jergens narural glow lotion. The Loreal sublime smelled like men's cologne and left streaks all over me.

• Options
    I also like(d) Jergens, before I discovered I was allergic.

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I love Loreal sublime, smell doesn't bother me and prefer to the quick tan to Jergens. If I can't lose it, I'm gonna tan it and dress it cute is my motto! I stay in shorts/capris and a tank until I actually get in the water.
    TTC since 5/1/12
    Mc 7/10/12 @ 5w2d
    BFP 8/11/12 EDD 4/16/13 DH's Bday!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Macy's online has some great suits. My baby pooch, stretch marks and saggy skin made me turn to my first 1 piece suit this year. I love it!! My only complaint is I wish I would have bought 2 because they no longer have my size.image
    "As soon as I saw you I knew an adventure was going to happen." ~Winnie the Pooh
  • Options
    I just wear my bikini - the top was a little big last year so now it fits. I usually have a coverup on, but people know I had a baby. I am going to look a little different! :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    I am having issues finding tops that fit my huge boobs. They were large before, but now they are obnoxious! I don't care about my stretch marks and flabby belly.
    Chad and Fawn

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"