June 2013 Moms

Bleeding 5 weeks pp - csection

Anyone else still bleeding after c-section at this point? The weird thing is, I stopped bleeding completely at 4 weeks and then at 5 weeks it started up again. It's not really heavy, but not light either. Ugh, though this was over with!

Re: Bleeding 5 weeks pp - csection

• BC&LMBC&LM member
    No, I pretty much stopped within like 1.5-2 weeks. I did have to see the OB for an issue at about 4 weeks postpartum, and she was pushing around on my stomach to check if my uterus was going back to normal; after that, I had some spotting for a few hours.
  • steph_pegasussteph_pegasus member
    edited July 2013
    It seems like if I do anything to "exert" myself, it starts up again. Yesterday did a flurry of chores and went grocery shopping had a bit of spotting. Last week, it was a slow walk down to the fruit stand (4 blocks with a moderate hill) while wearing her. I only had light bleeding for a week and a half after she was born
  • Loading the player...
  • I didn't have a c-section, but I had a similar experience.  I stopped bleeding, and then started again a couple days before my 6w pp visit.  OB seemed to think it was normal.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    DS born 6/2013
  • I had a vaginal delivery and I am 4 weeks post partum. I just started having some light bleeding again after not having any for about a week and a half. With ds1 I bled for 8 weeks. My ob said that some women just bleed more than others.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Normal.  My first c/s I stopped at 5wks.  It was light by then.  After my RCS and tubal I'm at 5wks3days and lightly spotting.  It's annoying, but still normal.  I'm thinking it will end by the end of the week, but I plan to wear panty liners just in case!
  • I had a csection and I'm at 5 weeks and 1 day and I'm still bleeding. It's very light but still there.
  • I had a c 3 weeks ago....still bleeding. Sounds like I may have a few more weeks to look forward to, ugh.
  • RtjwRtjw member
    I'm 7.5 weeks and have had to use pantiliners until a couple days ago. May or may not be done...I guess I'll find out... :)
  • Mine stopped at 6 weeks but I still have days where I spot a little.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • With my first c section, I stopped bleeding at 4 weeks then a few days later, started again and it ended up being my period. I formula feed so it made sense vs. breastfeeding moms who don't get it for a while. So it could just be that!
  • I forgot to mention that I am breastfeeding... Could it still be a period?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"