Stay at Home Moms

Balloons - Helium vs air

I got a bag a latex balloons for my babies' party on Saturday. I told DH last night that I'm just gonna blow them up, not have them filled with helium. He said that's lame. When I've filled them with helium in the past, most of them float away when the kids take them outside. If they are filled with air, the kids can play with them without losing them outside. Because the kids WILL want to play with them. After I explained this to DH, his rebuttal was "Air filled balloons are totally lame." What do you ladies think?
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: Balloons - Helium vs air

• I did a combo for little man's 1st birthday. the helium ones were tied to something and the air filled ones were on the floor. The kids that were there loved the ones on the floor but I don't think they were a hit with the adults trying to step around them. Also, after the party I tied some helium ones to a toy and he thought it was so funny to walk with the toy and they were following him. plus if he dropped it, it didn't fly off
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Omg, duh!! Do some of both! I feel silly for even asking now.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Go with air. 

There is a helium shortage. I'd rather do my part to save it for things which are important (and sorry, but a birthday doesn't count).

FWIW, MIL gave me a helium balloon for my birthday a few weeks ago. Guess what happened? 

She let J. play with it and after holding it for 2.5 seconds he let go. We were outside. What a waste of money and helium.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"