Trying to Get Pregnant

Intro ...and lots of questions

Hi everyone!

I am pretty new here although I have had some episodes of stalking :)  Pardon my ignorance, but I am just trying to figure a few things out....DH and I will likely start TTC sometime this fall. I have been on BCP for over 10 years with sporadic off sessions scattered in there..I am actually very concerned about what will happen when I come off of it and we start to try.  I have PCOS so I don't know if charting or ovulation kits will really be helpful....doesn't PCOS mean you don't have regular cycles or ovulation?  or is this something I should start doing?  I have this insane feeling that its going to be so difficult to get pregnant with PCOS although I know it happens all the time.   Any advice is really appreciated!

just one other quick thing...could someone please tell me what all the short hand things like 2ww mean?  thanks!

Re: Intro ...and lots of questions

• Welcome and GL!
    **~Future Mama to my June "Sprout"~**
    EDD- 06/13/2017
    **Stinkerbelle-8-27-10 * Mr.P's 2nd Mama 7-27-07**
    TTGP's 2013 Sweetest Bumpie <3 

• Welcome! Good luck to you! I don't know too much about PCOS, but there are definitely others here who can answer that for you.
  • Loading the player...
  • 2ww- 2 week wait, it's the time after ovulation where you are waiting to test or get AF to find out if you are pregnant or not.  I am sure someone will link to the newbie blog that lays out all the acronyms.

I have PCOS too, and was on the pill for about 15 years.  It makes my cycles super crazy and irregular plus I don't ovulate very often at all.  I would temp and use OPKs when  you go off BCP, I found it very helpful, but still find the OPK's frustrating since getting a + seems like a rarity.  But once you go off the pill see what your body does with the charting to get a feel for what is going on.  If you find you are having a problem getting pregnant or not ovulating then  you will have charts to take to an OB or RE. 

But some people who have PCOS don't seem to have as difficult a time as others.   We are all different so it effects each of us differently.  Hopefully when you decide to start TTC your stay here is short. 

Me: 34, DH: 32
    TTC Since September 2012
    Dx-PCOS, Anovulation, highly irregular cycles
    March 2013 Comid 50 mg+ TI #1: BFN
    April 2013 Clomid mg + TI #2: BFN
    IVM#1 Aug 2012: BFN
    20 FEB 2014:  CP
    IUI #1 Clomid 100mg  24 FEB 2014: BFN

IUI #2 Clomid 100mg  21 MAR 2014: BFN

IUI#3 Follistim & trigger 21 May 2014: BFN

IVF #1 Follistim & Menopur: 14R, 9M, 7F, transfered 2 day 3 8 cell embies

Beta #1: 7/30: 41  Beta #2 8/1: 96   Beta #3 8/4: 796   EDD:4/9/15

imageimageimage

All Welcome 

• I don't have any first hand knowledge of PCOS but I wanted to say welcome and good luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

• Welcome!

BabyFetus Ticker

Savannah Mommy and Daddy can't wait to meet you.

BabyName Ticker

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Welcome to the board.  I was on BC for 10 years before TTC.  We have been trying since March.  After not having AF I went into my OBGN and was prescribed Progesterone.  After having two different doses and no AF I went back in for an ultrasound this week and was diagnosed with PCOS.  I would suggest getting off your BC soon.  I wish I would have.  I am currently trying to get an appointment with a RE to help with AF and TTC to make the process faster.  There are many different symptoms of PCOS.  For me I am irregular (Before BC every 2-3 months.  After getting off of BC for a little over 4 months I have not gotten AF yet. I don't know if BC made it worse!?).  However, everyone has different sythomns.  I am currently taking Provera to get AF.  If you haven't gotten AF its hard to chart an ovulation.  That is why I have trying with Progesterone and now provera to get AF so I can chart.   I hope this was helpful and I am still learning about PCOS through research and through all the ladies on the board who have it.  I do not know anyone who has it but me and now a few new friends that I made on the board.  Keep updating us.  By updating and posting you help other PCOS and TTC ladies get info.  Good luck to you and thanks to all the ladies who have shared their experiences on the board.  It really keeps me sane as well as educating myself with the TTC process.  

me 28-DH 30
    dated DH - 2001
    married DH- 4/4/2009
    off BC & TTC - March 2013 
    diagnosed with PCOS on July 29, 2013
    SA-  low sperm count, low motility, and forward progression 
    Medicated cycle #1 with 100mg clomid cycle (October 3)-  No ovulation or mature follies were present on U/S day 14. IUI was cancelled.
    BFP on 11/23/13!! Due date is July 20, 2014!
    Yeah! DH and I did it on our own without any treatments or procedures. We are excited about our miracle baby.
  • Welcome to the board and good luck!
    TTC #2 Since October 2012
    BFP 11.1.12/EDD 7.7.13 MMC 12.4.12 D&E 12.10.12
    BFP 3.25.13/EDD 11.29.13 MC 4.6.13
    BFP 8.20.13 early MC 8.24.13
    BFP 9.20.13/EDD 6.5.14 Hoping & Praying this is our Rainbow Baby

• mmb248mmb248 member
    edited July 2013
    I have PCOS and temping/OPKs have been useful for me... Well, somewhat useful considering I'm still not pregnant, but at least I know what's going on with my body!  Without charting, I wouldn't have been able to pinpoint the symptoms that lead up to O for me.  Considering I've ovulated anywhere from CD17 to CD33, knowing what symptoms to look for really help me pinpoint my FW, because unlike women with more regular cycles, I can't say, "Oh, it's 2 days before I usually O, should probably get busy now!"

I recommend charting with fertility friend to anyone TTC.  It's really helped keep me from going nuts wondering what's going on.

ETA:  Welcome and good luck!
    imageimage
    Me: 33     DH: 38
    TTC since August 2011
    DX:  PCOS and subseptate uterus
    August 2013:  Clomid + Trigger + IUI TI = BFN
    September 2013:  Clomid + Trigger + TI = BFN
    October 2013:  Clomid + Trigger + IUI canceled
    November 2013:  NTNP
    April 2013:  Femara + Trigger + IUI = ???
  • Welcome!  I was just given the PCOS/unexplained infertility diagnosis and I find that charting and OPKs really help.  Seeing a positive on an OPK is reassuring and seeing a temp shift confirms that I O.  With long cycles, it's great to have clear data, so I recommend both; I began without either, then phased in charting/temping after a few months, then phased in OPKs after a few more months.  Good luck!
    Married since April 2011-Homeowners since January 2012-TTC since June 2012
    Welcomed DS June 2014
  • Welcome!! I don't have experience with PCOS, but there can't be any harm in charting. With fertility friend, you also learn a lot about your body and getting pregnant, on top of charting, so the info is very useful even if you decide not to chart. But again, there's no harm in doing it and just seeing what's going on with your body. Good luck!

BFP #1: 3/23/13, EDD: 11/22/13, MC: 4/2/13
    Convinced it was a boy and missing him every day!
    BFP #2: 10/25/13, EDD: 7/3/14, Grow baby Grow! Anabelle Rose born 6/6/14 

image     image

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic August Siggy Challenge: If Babies Could Talk
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"