1st Trimester

How do you hide morning sickness? Well, all day sickness....

I'm almost 7 weeks and I feel like shit! Just this past weekend I started feeling really sick to my stomach and gas all throughout my body. I'm finding it hard to hide the fact that I don't feel well while at work. I'm normally very chipper and happy at work and this week I have just wanted to hide in my office and not speak to anyone in the hallway. Anyone else struggling with this?

How do you hide from people that you feel like crapp? I literally just want to stay at home for the next 5 weeks and hide out til 12 weeks.

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: How do you hide morning sickness? Well, all day sickness....

• Yeah, I just say I'm feeling under the weather...but I don't think I'm really fooling anyone (a few people have already figured it out).
    imageDSC_9275  image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I can relate.  We're trying to wait to tell until 12 weeks.  I'm sure my mom knows.  I'm finding it really hard to pretend I'm fine...
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • It does get better.  I'm still not feeling like my old self (11 weeks), but I'm way better than I was in the 6-9 week range.  I was sick and so tired.  All I wanted to do was close my eyes and moan.  Or sleep.  Eating was a giant chore.  Now, I still can't eat like I was before I was pregnant, but its a lot better than it was.  Hopefully you get better.  The only thing I can say as to people noticing is that: 1) people are generally self-absorbed and don't notice small details about others; and 2) you can chalk it up to feeling under the weather / a cold. 
  • I'm having the same problem. I work in a medical field, so I had to tell everyone (for the sake of xrays and anesthesia, etc.) If I had a choice, I wouldn't say anything, but they would just know because I look and feel like crap...

I've learned to take lots of snacks. Eating constantly makes me feel better, so I keep veggies and dip, PB&J sandwiches, hard candies, etc. under my desk.
    My co workers are just excited that I share, so maybe they wouldn't have known if I didn't say anything. ;)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I just started feeling nauseous and I'm almost 9 weeks pregnant. I was looking at pictures of foods as I was planning my dinners for this week and I couldn't even look at the pictures because they were making me nauseous. Ugh
  • I'm lucky to be a SAHM so I don't have to hide it from work, but we do a lot with our family and I'm a little worried if I get sick it will be hard to hide a third pregnancy until 12+ weeks like we want to! Good luck to you!!

Married 2005, DS: 2006, DD: 2008 EDD: 4/16/14- IT'S A GIRL! Scarlett Jean
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Arctic mints menthos did the trick for me. The menthol totally envelops my throat,nose and mouth, and the chewing controls the nausea. I had to tell my immediate supervisor though, so she doesn't penalize me for slacking on duty.
  • i just started having morning sickness so i've been telling everyone it's the flu. im hoping i won't have it very long.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"