September 2012 Moms
Options

Not clapping yet?

Is anyone else' LO not clapping?  He's doing well everywhere else.  He will wave bye-bye but he refuses to clap.  Loves for us to clap and will even hold our hands when we do it.  I have showed him but he will not do it on his own.  Anyone else, please tell me we're not behind...

imageimage 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Not clapping yet?

• Options
    E doesn't clap and waving is sorta a half-wave, half-excited arm flap thing.

Eh, I hardly ever clap so he doesn't really see it much.

• Options
    DS doesn't clap or wave....not worried.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    KisstyKissty member
    FTM so not really sure what to expect.  Pedi asked about it at our 9 mos. appt so I got to wondering about it.  He doesn't talk either.  He makes all sorts of sounds but no actual words.  When you try to get him to say something he'll study your lips and tries to mimic it but he produces no sound.  But if you just make a random noise like bababa he'll repeat it.  The pedi said not to worry about the lack of words right now. Thanks for your responses ladies!

imageimage 

• Options
    Gray99Gray99 member
    DS clapped once, very random we were outside in our old house and he was walking around and just started clapping. Hadn't done it prior and hasn't done it since. He also won't wave. Loves when we do it but just won't do it. I get worried too but he's so advanced on other things so I try to use that CTFD method (from an old post).

• Options
    DD doesn't clap.  Hell, she just started giving me kisses.  She doesn't wave or say many words either.  However she is damn good at blowing raspberries.  

• Options
    Lots of babies don't clap until 12 or 13 months. Same with the first word. Most kids I've seen with language delays were much later with first words, 18 months or older.

• Options
    We have clapping but no waving. No words. No walking.
    *E 10/2012, H 7/2014, F 2/2016*
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Lots of clapping and waving between writing his dissertation.

Kidding. He's pretty much a lump. Just started crawling on Sunday so now he's a mobile lump.

Keep in mind these forum are geared towards "zomg guess what my kid just did!!!1!" Rather than "today DS farted, smiled and stared at me. Then he took a nap." So, you're pretty much always going to feel like your kid is behind since the majority of parents of lumps aren't posting much about lump activities.

BFP #1 via IUI ~ L (Fatal Birth Defect) 4/7/10
    BFP #2 via IUI ~ m/c
    BFP #3 via cancelled IUI ~ C (2lb 3oz; HELLP) 5/16/11
    BFP #4 via the natural (free!) way ~ E (8lb 11oz) 9/13/12

• Options
    DS1 didn't clap until he was like 18 months. I swear the kid just wouldn't do it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Holding your hands while you are clapping & imitating sounds are precursors to actual clapping & talking, in my experience. So just give it a little more time. hth

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"