November 2013 Moms
Options

Post-GD Test

I felt fine during the dreaded GD test -- not light-headed or anything. But now I'm back at work and feel like a complete slug. Unmotivated to do much of anything except maybe take a nap, which obviously isn't feasible. Anyone else feel like that after drinking the solution?

Re: Post-GD Test

• Options
    Every time I've taken that test I always feel horrible for the rest of the day.  I always take the day off.

In memory of Corbin Scott 10/28/11-12/3/11. Heaven got another angel the night you left this world behind Heaven got a little better the day it took you away from me Missing you tonight, see you again sometime For now I'll close my eyes and dream of heaven tonight I'll love you forever I'll like you for always Now and Forever My baby you'll be

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

corbinsmommy.blogspot.com

imageimage

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I just had mine and felt light headed until after my last blood draw and I was able to eat. Im trying to drink lots of water today. Hope you get a kick of energy!
  • Options
    Bella, I'm in the same situation. I'm still at the dr office, doing the 3 h test. The drink itself wasn't that bad, but after 20 min my body started to feel it;)
    I did feel light headed, sweating and weak; and now I'm ready to fall asleep on this couch.

Most likely mine is GD, baby is growing to fastand gsin weight in excess ( 8lb in 4 w) but we won't know for sure until the blood results get back.

I wish you all the best!!!!
  • Options
    mmm50mmm50 member
    I felt yucky for a couple hours and just tried to drink a ton of water to flush the nasty orange drink out of my system.  It also could have been the blood draw that made me feel gross, but I chugged water and took a nap.  I felt 100000000 times better when I woke up.  I hope you can fit in a nap!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Every time I've taken that test I always feel horrible for the rest of the day.  I always take the day off.
    Me too. I took it first thing in the morning then went to work and was a complete bum. I couldn't focus on anything. Next time I take it, I'm going to take a sick day. It just wasn't worth being at work. (I get to take it twice due to family history... yay)
    Me: 28 yo | DH: 28 yo
    Married 2012
    DD: 3 yo
    TTC #2 August 2017
  • Options
    Yes for me the sugar just knocks me down.  I hope you feel better today!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Me too. I took it first thing in the morning then went to work and was a complete bum. I couldn't focus on anything. Next time I take it, I'm going to take a sick day. It just wasn't worth being at work. (I get to take it twice due to family history... yay)
    Yep. Between my last pregnancy and this pregnancy, I've already taken it 6 times (1 hr and 3 hour while pregnant with DS and then 1 hour and 3 hour after he was born because my numbers weren't going down and then the 1 hour and 3 hour this time around at 8 weeks.  At least 1 more to go!  Joy!
    8-|

In memory of Corbin Scott 10/28/11-12/3/11. Heaven got another angel the night you left this world behind Heaven got a little better the day it took you away from me Missing you tonight, see you again sometime For now I'll close my eyes and dream of heaven tonight I'll love you forever I'll like you for always Now and Forever My baby you'll be

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

corbinsmommy.blogspot.com

imageimage

• Options
    Yep. Between my last pregnancy and this pregnancy, I've already taken it 6 times (1 hr and 3 hour while pregnant with DS and then 1 hour and 3 hour after he was born because my numbers weren't going down and then the 1 hour and 3 hour this time around at 8 weeks.  At least 1 more to go!  Joy!
    8-|
    Oh man, that is rough! My fingers are crossed that you at least won't have to take the 3 hr one again!
    Me: 28 yo | DH: 28 yo
    Married 2012
    DD: 3 yo
    TTC #2 August 2017
  • Options
    I felt so cruddy yesterday... headache and sugar crash... a little 5 minute walk outside got me through the rest of the day
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Ok, ladies. I feel much better knowing we're all in the same boat! And I'm so sorry to those of you who've had to take it so many times! Ugh! I didn't think it tasted as bad as some people say, but the morning crash was no fun afterward.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"