Pregnant after a Loss

Pre-Eclampsia Questions

Anyone here have early onset of pre-eclampsia?  I'm 14.5 weeks pregnant but have a lot of the symptoms. I called the Dr. this morning and the nurse said it would be unusual this early but that my symptoms sound like pre-eclampsia. They asked me to come in this afternoon at 3:00. I got online (of-course) and everything I read says 20 weeks or after.  I'm just curious if anyone else had it start this early?

Re: Pre-Eclampsia Questions

• No experience but I hope it's nothing! I know there are ladies in my prenatal yoga class who are earlier than me (I'm 19w) and already have swollen ankles.
    **Warning: Losses and living child mentioned**
    BFP#1 1/31/12, EDD 10/6/12 Harrison Gray born sleeping @ 18w6d. You changed our lives little guy.
    BFP#2 EDD 10/29/13, C/P 2/25/13, Bye little Ish, we barely got to know you.
    BFP#3 EDD 12/21/13, Baby Boots born 11/23/13 My rainbow baby!

imageView Full Size Imageimageimage
    January PAL Siggy Challenge: Good Advice

• Lurking

I had pre-e with my son. It is pretty rare that onset would be before 20w, but it's good you're getting checked as it can be deadly. Many of the symptoms aren't uncommon in a normal pg, so hopefully that's all it is.

What are your symptoms?

BFP#2 2.5.11 (EDD 10.15.11) DS born 9.28.11

BFP#4 8.27.13 (EDD 5.6.14) DD born 4.23.14

Lilypie - (2llN)

Lilypie - (2L9u)

My Recipe Blog
    ~All AL'ers welcome~

• Loading the player...
  • Migraine headaches, nausea, blurry vision, problems focusing, feeling out of breath, pressure in my eyes, my eyes hurt to read up close.  My blood pressure is generally really low - border line too low but it's hereditary and considered fine because it's always been so low with no other health issues. On last Thursday ( the day before these symptoms started) my blood pressure was considered normal range - but it was high for me. 
  • Poppy715Poppy715 member
    edited July 2013
    Migraine headaches, nausea, blurry vision, problems focusing, feeling out of breath, pressure in my eyes, my eyes hurt to read up close.  My blood pressure is generally really low - border line too low but it's hereditary and considered fine because it's always been so low with no other health issues. On last Thursday ( the day before these symptoms started) my blood pressure was considered normal range - but it was high for me. 

@Annibella, this really concerns me. Please be sure to get in to see your doctor. I'd go to urgent care just to be safe. I had Eclampsia at 26 weeks and lost my daughter. I don't want to scare you but tell you this because of how serious it can be. I would ask them to test your urine and check your BP.

I didn't have any of the "normal" symptoms and my BP was perfect, until it wasn't it happened very quickly. Again, I'd go in just to be sure and rule it out. The blurry vision is not normal as well as the pressure in your eyes. I had a headache the night I had my seizures and it was my brain swelling against my skull. I had no idea. Please take care of yourself and be your own advocate when you go into the doctor!

ETA: lurking status

THE DARK SIDE IT IS

and GBCB

BFP 8/2/12 EDD 4/9/13 Addie was delivered 1/4/13 at 26 weeks due to Eclampsia  

BFP 9/15/14 EDD 5/28/15 Please be our R A I N B O W take home baby BOY
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

imageimageimageimage
    ~All AL always welcome~

• Thanks - My appointment is in an hour. I'm hoping that this is not the case and that I just have a lot of these symptoms out of coincidence.  I'm hoping I have an eye infection that's causing the eye issues.  But I'm really nervous.  Thanks for the input.  I will definitely advocate on my behalf and push for answers either way.
  • Thanks - My appointment is in an hour. I'm hoping that this is not the case and that I just have a lot of these symptoms out of coincidence.  I'm hoping I have an eye infection that's causing the eye issues.  But I'm really nervous.  Thanks for the input.  I will definitely advocate on my behalf and push for answers either way.

I hope they find something totally different too. But I've learned not to let pride get in the way of sticking up for myself. I didn't ever want to be one of "those" women who go to their ob over ever twinge. Now I know it's better than the alternative.

GL!!

THE DARK SIDE IT IS

and GBCB

BFP 8/2/12 EDD 4/9/13 Addie was delivered 1/4/13 at 26 weeks due to Eclampsia  

BFP 9/15/14 EDD 5/28/15 Please be our R A I N B O W take home baby BOY
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

imageimageimageimage
    ~All AL always welcome~

• I'm glad you went in.  Some of those symptoms are worrisome, especially when all taken together.  FWIW, I was also in the camp of having no obvious symptoms (no vision issues, no headaches, no abdominal pain...just high BP, protein & rapid weight gain).  Like you, my BP is usually borderline low and it crept up to normal and then on to pre-e levels. 

Sorry I took so long to respond.  I wasn't in a good place most of the day for lurking here.

BFP#2 2.5.11 (EDD 10.15.11) DS born 9.28.11

BFP#4 8.27.13 (EDD 5.6.14) DD born 4.23.14

Lilypie - (2llN)

Lilypie - (2L9u)

My Recipe Blog
    ~All AL'ers welcome~

• Hope you got answers that you need, and that you don't already have pre-e.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

*Gone but never forgotten* {c/p 11/16/12 @ 4w4d}{MMC 11/20/12 @ 8w5d}

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"