Two Under 2
Options

Side by side car seats in a BMW 325i?

Hi ladies!

I just found out that I'm pregnant with my second baby.  DS will be 18 months when the new baby arrives.  Right now I'm researching car seats for him because he'll soon need to switch to a convertible. 

When baby #2 arrives, I'd like him/her to be in the middle seat.  We have a SMALL backseat (BMW 325i).  We have a graco something or other infant seat. 

I'm considering getting the combi coccoro for DS.  That seat is small and (it seems) would fit easily next to our infant seat.  Then when baby moves to the CC, DS could get a larger car seat (and then no one's in the middle).  Down side?  DS is small (6% weight, 24% height) and may not be ready for a booster seat before baby #2 needs the bigger car seat.  Whatever.  Deal with that when I get to it.

Do any of you have a BMW?  What seat have you used?  Are you happy with it?  Is it relatively easy to get your child in/ out of the seat?

Thanks so much for your insights! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Side by side car seats in a BMW 325i?

• Options

Awesome.  Thanks.  I read great reviews on the britax roundabout... and the graco mysize, but I just wondered if anyone had experience with putting them side by side. 

DH always makes me get DS out of his infant seat now when we just take him out.  haha.

• Options
    ebp913ebp913 member
    Check out car-seat.org for help with puzzling seats together.  I have the Coccoro and I think it would puzzle well next to just about anything because it's so small.  I have the Coccoro and a Keyfit next to each other in my husbands truck. My daughter who is 21 months and 32 inches (maybe more by now) is an inch from outgrowing it rear facing.  She is 60th percentile for height or more.  I am about to get a new seat for her and then move DS to the Coccoro when he is done with our Keyfit. 
    image   image
    We were 2 under 2, now 3 under 3!
    Team Green turned Team Pink with #1, Team Green turned Team Blue with #2, Team Green turned Team Pink again with #3
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    ebp913ebp913 member
    edited July 2013
    The most narrow convertible seats that will last a long time are the Diono Radian and Clek Foonf so I would do one of those if you want it to fit it next to another seat.  The Coccoro is great too but it doesn't last nearly as long. 
    image   image
    We were 2 under 2, now 3 under 3!
    Team Green turned Team Pink with #1, Team Green turned Team Blue with #2, Team Green turned Team Pink again with #3
  • Options
    DH has a BMW 328xi (2009) and we have a Safety 1st Guide 65 that fits amazing in his car. It goes RF to 40 inches and lbs. At the 22 lb plus angle it doesn't affect the seat in front of it.

It is also available as an Eddie Bauer seat at Target. It's pretty easy to install and use other than the straps twisting on occasion. I can try to get you a pic to show the fit....maybe tonight.

We also looked at Combi and a Maxi Cosi for it, but since DS trends at 80% in length they weren't gonna keep him RF to 2.
    TTC January 2010
    BFP #1 10-11-10 ectopic discovered 10-22-10, 10-23-10 methotrexate & emergency surgery, lost right tube BFP #2 12-1-10 Found to be tissue dropped from salingectomy or missed heterotopic pregnancy from BFP #1 BFP #3 1-30-11 DS arrived on due date 10-10-11 BFP #4 Surprise 9-3-12 EDD 5-9-13 DS2 arrived 5-5-13 BFP #5 5-14-14 Emergency D&C 6-16-14 9 weeks
  • Options
    Thanks!  I'll check out that website! 
  • Options
    ebp913 said:
    The most narrow convertible seats that will last a long time are the Diono Radian and Clek Foonf so I would do one of those if you want it to fit it next to another seat.  The Coccoro is great too but it doesn't last nearly as long. 
    I'll have to check out the Clek Foonf.  I've heard that the downside to the Diono Radian is how much space it takes up when RF.... which is - unfortunately - a deal breaker for us.  Thanks for your input.
  • Options
    FmrAFBrat said:
    DH has a BMW 328xi (2009) and we have a Safety 1st Guide 65 that fits amazing in his car. It goes RF to 40 inches and lbs. At the 22 lb plus angle it doesn't affect the seat in front of it. It is also available as an Eddie Bauer seat at Target. It's pretty easy to install and use other than the straps twisting on occasion. I can try to get you a pic to show the fit....maybe tonight. We also looked at Combi and a Maxi Cosi for it, but since DS trends at 80% in length they weren't gonna keep him RF to 2.

Hmm, that's really good to know.  If DS stays on track, the Combi will work RF until about 26 - 28 months for us.  However, who knows if baby # 2 will be as small... which is another downside.  *sigh*  I thought I was done with all the confusing baby products.  ha!  I'll check out the safety 1st for sure.  Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"