January 2014 Moms
Options

Lifting

Good morning ladies! In my cleaning house routine I always move my 6 dining tables and 2 barstools from off the floor to my living room rug. Last night my DH moved them to the rug, but after I sweep/mop, I'll be doing it. Sorry for the long description so here's my question: are there any rules for lifting heavy objects? I'm not sure of their weight but I want to be on the safe side. The barstools are mostly metal and pretty awkward to tote around. Thanks!!

Re: Lifting

• Options
    My doctor told me no more than 15 pounds. 

• Options
    I was told to stick with what was easy and comfortable before pregnancy. For me that's about 30 lbs.
    DD 1- born January 22, 2014
    Due June 25 2017

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    General rule of thumb is 25 pounds in an unrestricted, low-risk pregnancy. Individual doctors and women may have higher or lower limits. Also, many second time moms ignore that because they pick up their older child.

• Options

I have 3 kids, and I'm able to pick them all up. My oldest is now over 50 pounds, and tall, so I don't walk around with him much, just pick him up for the BEST HUGS EVER! I also carry our salt bags (40 pounds). I haven't had any troubles, and my doc is fine with just about anything, as long as I don't overdo it, there is no pain, and no bleeding.

After the baby is born, they don't want you lifting anything heavier than baby, for at least 2 weeks I think.

********************************************************************************************************

DS1 born 11/3/06   *   DS2 born 3/29/08   *   DD born 3/15/11  

Scarlett Mae born 1/14/14                         Our family is now complete!

• Options
    hopeful808 said:
    I was told to stick with what was easy and comfortable before pregnancy. For me that's about 30 lbs.
    This
  • Options
    I think my doc said 30 pounds.
    July 2015 Jan Siggy Challenge: Snow Fails/Funnies

BFP #5 11/15/14, Team Green EDD 7/22/15

BFP #4 4/30/13, baby girl born med-free Jan. 2014

BFP #3 9/24/12, Missed m/c at 9w1d (baby measured 8w5d)

BFP #2 9/23/10, healthy baby girl born med-free June 2011

BFP #1 5/21/10, Missed m/c at 10w4d (baby measured 8wks), D&C 6/29/10

"Life is like a camera, just focus on what's important and capture the good times, develop from the negatives and if things don't work out, just take another shot."

• Options
    I was told I could lift the same objects I did pre pregnancy, as long as I did not feel like I was straining too hard. For example, my DD whom my body is used to lifting every day. My docs general rule for pregnancy... water consumption, sleeping positions, activity, etc is to use the point I feel discomfort as a limit.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I've never been told a weight limit. I lift and carry my nearly 30 lb toddler all day though.
    DS1 born 3/27/12 DS2 due 1/8/14
  • Options
    I would just do what you are comfortable with. If it feels like you are straining either with the weight or it being awkward then don't do it. 

As a stm I carry my 23lbs son and my daycare girl who is probably closer to 27+lbs. I also carry them both at the same time for now. For me I am going with what I am used to/comfortable with and when it becomes uncomfortable or hard (likely due to a belly in the way) then I will stop.

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    am0138am0138 member
    Thank you all for your advice!
  • Options
    I've never been told, but I pick up my 24 pound daughter all the time.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    BFP #1 3/27/10 - mmc discovered 5/20/10 at 11w2d - d&c 5/21/10
    BFP #2 11/6/10 - EDD 7/19/11 - Beta #1 @ 13dpo, 104 - Beta #2 @ 20dpo, 3400s
    BFP #3 4/24/13 - EDD 1/8/14 - Beta #1 @ ?, 33 - Beta #2 @ 4 days later, 260
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"