March 2014 Moms

Question for Moms

I will be a first time mom. My LO Is due March 29. We are not telling anyone till week 12 or 16. So I have no family to ask this question. We are planning a family vacation next summer as we alway do. We go to an island in florida that you can only access by boat. This place has no hospitals, stores nothing but homes and a volunteer fire station. Would you feel comfortable taking your 3 month old? My DH says yes ( he has two boys already) and I say I don't feel comfortable.
Thoughts? We have to book in next month so I just needed some opinions.

Thank you

Re: Question for Moms

• Yes I would still go. I mean it's sounds really scary now, but after baby is here and you get in the swing of things it won't be as scary. I'm sure the island has measures put in place for emergencies. Maybe make yourself familiar with them so you aren't so stressed about what if scenarios.

• I would feel fine. By 3 month you are feeling more comfortable being a Mom and having a baby. We went on a 6 hour away road trip with DS when he was 12 weeks old and it was fine. Just make sure you have your pedi phone number with you and you will be fine.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Three months might be a little tricky depending on what sort of routine you guys have built for your LO. I don't think I would worry so much about the lack of medical care. Hopefully you'll all be healthy. It would be the hassle of traveling that would make me leery.
    BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We drove across the country when DD1 was 3.5 months old, so traveling with a 3 month old wouldn't scare me ;) It's a little tricky traveling that young just because you have no idea what their sleeping or feeding schedules will be like, but it's very do-able, especially if you're going to have other family along.

I would be a little concerned about lack of medical care, but I'm assuming there is some way for EMTs to reach the island in case of a true emergency, and anything that isn't life threatening you can probably get to the mainland quickly enough to treat. 
    Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'd be fine with it.
    Bubba, born Jan. 2007 * Sissy, born Apr. 2009 * Baby Sister, born Feb. 2014
  • jwls84jwls84 member
    I would go! We took B to the Dominican when he was 10 weeks old. It was great, he slept through the flights and when we were out at dinner or on the beach. It was a good age, just make sure you talk to your pediatrician first and find out what you will need or what to look out for!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Thank you all so much for the input. Really put my mind at rest :)
  • How far is the island by boat? I think depending on that I would feel comfortable. I went to Outer Banks with DS when he was 3 months old and there were no issues.
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   image

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Kari~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"