2nd Trimester

new to 2nd trimester & ready to feel the baby!

Hey all-

Just made 14 weeks today with first pregnancy at 35!  Shouldn't brag, but haven't had sickness problems just tired.  Because of that, I'm ready to feel the baby move or see the next ultrasound to believe I'm still pregnant!  I hear it's around 16-18 weeks people usually feel LO move, is that typical for those of you further along than me?  Super excited but ready to "feel" pregnant or "look" pregnant, something!  Also waiting on test results from the MaterniTi 21 blood test (downs syndrome risk test) which I won't get till Friday or Monday.

Re: new to 2nd trimester & ready to feel the baby!

• This is my 6th pregnancy and first that has gone past the 1st tri :) I'm at 18 weeks, and was chomping at the bit to feel movement! I have been showing since week 6 due to all the early on meds I had to take, so I love love love my belly.. But I wanted to FEEL him. Finally at 17 weeks 5 days I felt a definite kick! He's been non stop ever since :) good luck! It will come. I can see and feel him from the outside, but every time the hubby comes near, he quits! My step daughter got to feel him move from one side of my belly to the other very early yesterday morning while I was still in bed. Had to roll onto my back to get him to move though.
  • That's so cool, congratulations!  I bet you're super excited. :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Beyond words :) this miracle baby is due Christmas Day too :)
  • I didn't feel a "legit" kick until 21 weeks. I felt some "whooshing" as I like to call it and movement here and there before then. Now at 24 weeks, he moves all the time and I can feel him from the outside on occasion. Last night I could see him moving from side to side in my belly. Pretty neat!

Wishing you a smooth pregnancy!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • With my first pregnancy I was closer to 20 weeks, this time I was around the same time.  Your body makeup and everything else have a lot to do with it. 

T&P on a good rest of your pregnancy.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I was 19 weeks before I felt what was definitely her for the first time.  My OB said that's just about right.

I will say around 17/18 I felt a lot of "is that baby?" stuff, but I have no clue if it was her, or me just wanting to feel *something*

GL.  You will feel him/her at one point or another :)
  • Well this is my first pregnancy and I starting feeling my first baby kick on my first trimester.My doctor was so surprised that I felt the baby kick so early coz most people would feel the baby's first kick around 16-18 weeks,I guess I'm the lucky one cause now I'm 5months pregnant and he wont stop kicking.
  • With my first pregnancy it was around 16 weeks, with this pregnancy it was about 13 weeks. All depends on your body and how in tune you are with movement. Hope you feel LO soon!
  • congrats, but more than likely you'll still have to wait at least a month.
  • Thanks for responses!  Last night I had a slight scare with unexpected heavy spotting.  Hadn't had sex in 4 or 5 days so it was out of the blue.  Has since lightened up to almost nothing, but DR office put me on "pelvic rest" till my next appt and not supposed to lift anything over 20 lbs.  :(  Really just want the next appointment to be here so I can see an ultrasound pic to make sure everything is ok!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"