Infertility

Side effects of fertility meds - Estrace & Prometrium

I am TTC and I had my first round of Clomid, which produced 1 follice (exciting since I haven't ovulated in 2 years).  I had the Ovidrel trigger shot, and then I was told to take both Estrace & Prometrium, vaginally, during the 2ww.  I am a little concerned about the side effects I have been experiencing and wanted to know if anyone else has!

- Cramping

-Mood swings

The cramping made me a bit nervous, because the last time I had that I was getting my period.  And my cramps have always been painful.  Has anyone felt this?  Is it normal?

The mood swings are terrible.  I literally had a break down/tantrum last night and cried for a good half hour, like a 2 year old.  Has this happened to anyone else?  I want to blame it on the fact that my body hasn't produced any of these hormones (and in this large amount) for quite some time.  24 hours after I took my first Estrace, the doctor said my estrogen bumped for 247 to 1314, so that might explain.

I am new to all of this and just need some help/guidance on it all.  Thank you!

07/08/2013 - Start of Clomid 50mg for 5 days
07/23/2013 - 1 Follicle found
07/24/2013 - Start of Estrace
07/25/2013 - Ovidrel shot
07/27/2013 - Progesterone & 2ww
**08/12/2013 - pregnancy test!  Fingers crossed, but ready for neg.
 ** results are in........BFP!!!!

Re: Side effects of fertility meds - Estrace & Prometrium

• Thank you!  I will definitely head over there.  I did a google search for a good site for support and I jumped on this one.
    07/08/2013 - Start of Clomid 50mg for 5 days
    07/23/2013 - 1 Follicle found
    07/24/2013 - Start of Estrace
    07/25/2013 - Ovidrel shot
    07/27/2013 - Progesterone & 2ww
    **08/12/2013 - pregnancy test!  Fingers crossed, but ready for neg.
     ** results are in........BFP!!!!
  • Sig Warning &

Clomid made me crazy.  CRAZY!  My husband refers to it as the clomid coaster. (With that said, it did work.)  I was so miserable to be around, I didn't even want to be around myself.  I did not notice any major side effects of the progesterone other than some blotting.  Also, clomid stays in your system for awhile so even though you are not taking it, you could still be having the effects.

Also, cramping could be implantation. Don't mean to give you false hope...

IF DX: DOR & Fragile X pre-mutation carrier
    2011: FSH 13.3 & E 99; AMH 0.54 2nd FSH 6.2 E 40's AFC: 8
    BFP from Clomid/IUI ~ Pre-e and IUGR during pregnancy ~ DS born 9/4/12
    Feb./March 2013: AMH less than 0.16 (undectable) and AFC = 4;
    BFP from supps ~ DS#2 due May 2014

May 2014 January Siggy Challenge:
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"