August 2012 Moms

How do you keep up?

There have been many posts by newbies, lurkers and occasional posters lately saying that they have a hard time keeping up with the board. I have the same problem. So those of you who are frequent posters, how do you keep up with posts? Do you have a job that allows you to keep the bump open all day? Do you stay at home and take some me time during naps to bump? Do you neglect your child and all other responsibilities to bump all day (kidding, kidding). What part of your daily life allows you to stay on top of discussions?
Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: How do you keep up?

• bigbootyjudibigbootyjudi member
    edited July 2013
    I SAHM during the week and usually bump while he naps. I clean when he goes down for the night, so I usually don't have anything but dishes to do during his (usually) 1.5-2 hour naps. I bump once he's down for the night, at 7pm sometimes too.

When I work on the weekends, I'm not on here as much, except if I get pulled to sit for a patient, in which case I have nothing to do but stare at some old man/woman sleeping for 8 hours.
    A12 Sig Challenge - Favorite Fall Show!
    SCANDAL!

• I bump at work!  When I get home its too crazy so I rarely have a chance to get on after 4:30 or weekends.
    DS1: 8/2012 <3 DS2  8/2017 <3 DS3 10/2018 

• Loading the player...
  • Work bumper here, shame on me! I run reports in an office alone and I have slow days. I'm about to get busier from now to Oct so you should see less of me if I don't want to get fired! So stop being fun please.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I sit in front of a computer all day (unless I have meetings) and I have three monitors so....yeah...you won't see post much past 5pm most days and I rarely post on the weekends. I tend to just lurk on my phone then while DS is playing or napping or whatever.
  • SAHM, so naps and when kiddo goes to bed since DH works 2nd shift.
    imageimage
  • I used to bump when I was at work. Now that I'm home for the summer I find it harder to keep up
    BFP #1 - January 2010...m/c at 12 weeks 
    BFP #2 - December 2011, little lady #1 born August 2012
    BFP #3 - August 2013....m/c at 5 weeks 
    BFP #4 - October 2013....little lady #2 born June 2014

• I bump sporadically during the day at work mostly. Im out in the field a lot. Now that mobile plays nice it's so.much.easier. Occasionlly ill jump on from my office computer and close my door. Shame. Shame. Other times i jump on right before shut eye. But rarely right after I get home. That's baby/family time.
    SMOOCHES FOR ALL!!!

• I usually bump while he naps, and when he goes down for the night.

Sometimes I may bump when he's up and playing by himself, and I don't have anything to do.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I choose to bump rather than to parent. :P
    Then and now. How did my boy get so big? 

• I am a SAHM and always post in spurts. There are times when I don't post for weeks then I will have a few easy days so I can sit back and participate. I am always behind on things.
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • I choose to bump rather than to parent. :P
    I want a badge that says this for my signature.

I am home for the summer and have an iPad from work, so I bump whenever.

Also, try reading all these replies again, but imagine that the verb "bump" is a euphemism for sexy times.
  • I go in spurts but i don't think its tooo hard to keep up w a board. esp bc a lot of us have nothing to do after the kids are in bed/etc. but i think all the newbie/lurker/etc talk on a public board is silly. its public. thats why there are lurkers and newbies and occasional posters. that's what its all about and having a fresh take on posts is awesome. so i get not wanting your photos/info public, but lurkers/newbies/occasional posters are not something to freak out about.... on a public board.

I don't see anyone freaking out about lurkers or newbies?  Did I miss something?

Anyway- OP- I bump at work when I get a chance- usually at lunch or during my "pump" break.
  • kdm06c said:

I am a SAHM and always post in spurts. There are times when I don't post for weeks then I will have a few easy days so I can sit back and participate. I am always behind on things.

Same here!
  • I go in spurts but i don't think its tooo hard to keep up w a board. esp bc a lot of us have nothing to do after the kids are in bed/etc. but i think all the newbie/lurker/etc talk on a public board is silly. its public. thats why there are lurkers and newbies and occasional posters. that's what its all about and having a fresh take on posts is awesome. so i get not wanting your photos/info public, but lurkers/newbies/occasional posters are not something to freak out about.... on a public board.
    Who the eff doesn't have anything to do after the kids are in bed?  ^:)^
  • I bump during his naps and when he goes to the bed for the night.

I also "quick bump" (check threads that I posted on or interested in) when he's playing nicely by himself. I'm always right beside him though (so not completely ignoring).

Exactly this!
    SeptsiggyBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I bump during Js afternoon nap, in the car when SO drives, on my one hour break at work, and at night when I'm the only person awake.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I bump while I let DS pull electrical cords and play with chainsaws.

I have an independent player. I'm probably on TB way too much for my own good, but this place has helped me regain my sanity in some rough times. I also don't follow and post in every thread.
  • ccamccam member
    edited July 2013
    I work on a computer all day at work so I can check in whenever.  Not on much at night or on the weekends unless I have down time, which isn't often! 

Trying for #1 since May 2010   l   DX ~ Unexplained Infertility June 2011

IUI #1&2 = BFN; IUI #3 = BFP, m/c @ 6 weeks

November '11 ~ IVF#1 ~ ER 11/18 (29R, 17F) ~ 5dt of one beautiful blast on 11/23 = BFP!!

Beta #1 9dp5dt = 116, P4 = 28 ~ Beta #2 13dp5dt = 700 ~ Beta #3 20dp5dt = 9500, P4 = 26

1st u/s 12/27 - hb of 156!! EDD 8.10.12 :)   **TEAM GREEN!**

Sweet baby boy born 8.18.12

Trying for #2

FET #1 - October '13 - c/p   l   FET #2 - December '13 - cancelled :(   l   FET #2.2 - 1.30.14 - BFN

~ More testing - hysteroscopy, endometrial biopsy & more b/w - all normal / negative~

Surprise BFP while waiting on FET #3 ~ beta #1 500; beta #2 1600; first u/s 4/3 - measuring 5w5d, no hb yet!; 2nd u/s 4/10 - hb 132, measuring 6w6d - EDD 11.29.14 :)    **TEAM GREEN!**

Beautiful baby girl born 11.24.14

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"