Pregnant after a Loss

New Here - Hi Ladies!

Hi ladies! I've been lurking for a week or so on this board while occasionally posting on the March 2014 Moms board.

My name is Brandi. I'm 35 and from the DC area. Was PG for the first time last August, but it ended in missed M/C (blighted ovum) followed by D&C. Obviously, we were devastated and hoped it wasn't an indication of bigger problems. DH and I were thrilled to find out a week and a half ago that we're PG again with a honeymoon baby!

But...I'm finding it really difficult to get very excited until I can at least see a heartbeat on an ultrasound (FX). Add to that, I woke this morning to some brownish-red spotting and now I am full on freaking out. I went for beta #3 yesterday and am pretty much holding my breath until I get the call.

I'm just wondering how you all coped, kept your sanity, and stayed positive during the early weeks? I'd love to draw on your strength right now. :) Thanks in advance!!

PS - ignore my ticker; we got PG on my first cycle off BCP and I believe I O'd a week later than a textbook cycle. Ticker definitely isn't correct. Beta #1 - 72; beta #2 - 256; beta #3 - ?

Re: New Here - Hi Ladies!

• Congrats and welcome :) no tips on staying sane here though, I was a basket case in those early weeks myself lol.
    BFP#1 9/28/2012 - EDD 6/3/2013 - MMC discovered 11/21/2012 @ 12w2d - D&C 11/24/2012
    BFP#2 4/4/2013 - Born at 37w3d on 11/26/13 via emergency c-section
    Loving our beautiful rainbow baby boy Archer!

~*All AL Welcome*~
    southernmojo
  • Thanks, @mightymousy. I appreciate your honesty! I figured I couldn't be the only one feeling this way!

Congrats on your beautiful growing boy! :)

• Loading the player...
  • Thank you, @Bookshelves. I love your mantra. I really appreciate your response. Congrats on your pregnancy!! :)
  • Hi Brandi! 
    I'm early along, too, so I don't have any good advice for surviving this part. I'm just taking it a day at a time, and celebrating every positive moment, no matter how small. I don't want to miss out on the beginning of this pregnancy, so I'm just forcing myself to stay positive. 

Good luck and congratulations!
    southernmojo
  • First of all, congratulations! I have to remind myself that there are many women who never get to experience a positive pregnancy test. That in itself is a big deal. And we are all with you on the fear. We all felt it. I still feel it occasionally, but it has mostly subsided. I just try to be grateful for every day I have with this baby, even when the symptoms fade, even when I don't "feel" pregnant. Being thankful has helped me immensely.

Praying you get to stick around for nine months!
    photo fb29a895-732c-493b-b5f1-15ac16bff5b5_zps53c7f13d.jpg BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    southernmojo
  • Congrats and welcome!

As far as staying sane early on my pregnancy - I didn't do a great job. It's hard. It's hard to get excited, it's hard to shake the fear. But what helped was every night as I was falling asleep, I would pray to thank God for another day of this pregnancy. You may not be religious or have different beliefs on praying, so feel free to modify that however you want. But just focusing on taking it one day at a time and being thankful for how far I made it, really helped.

July 2015 Jan Siggy Challenge: Snow Fails/Funnies

BFP #5 11/15/14, Team Green EDD 7/22/15

BFP #4 4/30/13, baby girl born med-free Jan. 2014

BFP #3 9/24/12, Missed m/c at 9w1d (baby measured 8w5d)

BFP #2 9/23/10, healthy baby girl born med-free June 2011

BFP #1 5/21/10, Missed m/c at 10w4d (baby measured 8wks), D&C 6/29/10

"Life is like a camera, just focus on what's important and capture the good times, develop from the negatives and if things don't work out, just take another shot."

southernmojo
  • Welcome and congrats. I am still dealing with trying to stay calm myself. Lots of deep breaths and talking to myself seems to be helping so far.

BFP#1  9/5/12, MMC, MC confirmed 10/9/12,          
                D&C 12/12/12
    BFP#2 7/30/13, EDD 4/12/14, DS born 4/14/14

imageimage

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

southernmojo
  • Thank you, ladies! You are already helping me feel more grateful and hopeful. I really needed to hear these thoughts. Congrats to you all and lots of positive thoughts coming your way as well! :)
  • Congrats and welcome! When I'm having a freak out moment, I say to myself; "Today I am pregnant and I love my baby". When I first joined this board I heard it and it stuck with me and gives me some peace.

TTC since August 2011
    BFP#1 3/16/12 EDD 11/21/12 Delivered 6/1/12 at 15 weeks 2 days
    "If there ever comes a day when we can't be together... Keep me in your heart, I'll stay there forever." ~ Winnie the Pooh

BFP#2 4/14/13 EDD 12/24/13 Please be our rainbow after the storm!
    Beta#1 @ 15dpo 274, P4 16.9 Beta#2 @ 18dpo 940!! Doubling time of 40 hours!! u/s @ 6w2d showed a beautiful HB of 120! u/s @ 10w1d HB 174!! Grow, LO Grow!! Found out 7/22 we are TEAM BLUE!!
    Zaiden Harper was born 12/22/13 at 1:46 am. 9lbs 8oz and 22in
    ~*~AL Always Welcome~*~
    imageimage
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Congratulations and welcome.  The best advice I have been given from the ladies on this board it to take it one day at a time.  I know it's hard but it helps. 
  • congrats and welcome hon. 
    Staying sane is hard, but sharing here is always helpful 
    >:D<
    image★´¯`•.¸¸.°¤TTCAL/PGAL/PAL Welcome,imageare not¤°.¸¸.•´¯`★image
    imageimageimage

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    נשמה שבאה לעולם למספר חודשים לשהות במעי האם, היא נשמת צדיק גמור שבאה לעולם רק לתקן פגם קטן ולאחר מספר חודשים אלו היא שבה למקומה לגן עדן להתענג על ה'. לעתיד לבוא נשמה זו תוכר באחד מבנייך ובזכות נשמת צדיק זה תזכי להיות במחיצת צדיקים
    TTC Since September 2011
    BFP#1:Dec.1.11 EDD:Aug.09.12 MC:Jan.11.12 (9WK5D)-Natural
    BFP#2:Apr.18.12 EDD:Dec.21.12 MC:May.1.12 (6WK3D)-D&C
    BFP#3:Sep.12.12 - Suspected CP | BFP#4:Dec.1.12 - Suspected CP
    BFP#5: Dec.26.12 EDD:Sep.10.13 MC:Jan.7.13 (4WK6D)-Natural
    BFP#6: Jun.11.13 EDD:Feb.23.13 Beta: #1=8000 #2=24532 US@6wk2d showed 7wk2d size with 143BPM HR * NT US@12wk6d looked good. A/S passed with flying colors and our team color is Blue! *Grow my little Pamplemousse*!!!
    pregnancy

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"