August 2012 Moms

Re-introduction

Hulllllo ladies.

Alileecam here. Contrary to popular belief, not a lurker. Yes, I actually used to post here (although few remember). So, since apparently we're gonna kick it on A12 again, I wanted to re-introduce myself:

I am Alileecam.
My son's name is Foster (that's him with the yellow bow tie, below).
He was born around 35 weeks, probably due to me having polyhydramnios like J. Simpson did with her first. (I was pretty huge even though I didn't go full term.)
My water broke in my car when I was driving back to work on afternoon after grabbing a sandwich. I never did get to eat that damn sammy.
He was in the NICU for 10 days.
He wears a helmet due to positional plagiocephaly due to torticollis. 
I BFed for as long as I could/he would let me, but he checked out at 9 months. 
I work, but my work situation is complicated, and it means that I am home with him a lot, but working at night to make up for it, so I am exhausted pretty much all the time.

I saw the thread about how people looked one year ago, and that's easy for me. Take a picture of how I look right now. I weigh, to the pound, exactly the same as I did when I came home from the hospital, and it's not budging. I've tried many things, the latest being basically a vegan diet. I am about to get my thyroid checked and perhaps try acupuncture. 

Did I cover everything? Hopefully a few more people will recognize me since I had a chance to be more active on the FB group. I'd love to see other people post reintros below so I can match a few more people up between TB and FB--if you feel comfortable sharing here. Oh, and if you are on Instagram, I am pretty much obsessed, so reply with or DM me with your Instagram name and gain a new follower. I post pretty much just copious pics of my helmet kid.
TTC#1 since May 2011

BFP #1 June 2011 m/c@6wks

BFP #2 December 2011, EDD 8/21/12, born 7/21/12 at 35w4d

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
BFP #3 October 6, 2015. WHAT???

Re: Re-introduction

• I weigh the same as I did a few days PP. My biggest problem is my diet, or lack thereof, so good for you for doing the vegan route. I'm sure it's hard, but I'm sure you must feel better healthwise, right? SO has been on a no-carb diet for pretty much three months and says he feels awesome, has more energy, and when he eats carbs, he feels like absolute shit.

What do you do for a living? Are you planning on a #2?
    A12 Sig Challenge - Favorite Fall Show!
    SCANDAL!

• I remember you but didn't remember you had LO early. I'm not on IG. I've considered it though.
    Then and now. How did my boy get so big? 

• Loading the player...
  • I recognize you and your LO. Wouldn't consider you a lurker. ;) Didn't know your LO had been a preemie, though. Glad he's doing well.
  • Welcome back! I remember you! 
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • @Baker_bride just get an ig already for Pete's sake! Op I remember you! My ig is gollywollypog. :)

• alileecamalileecam member
    edited July 2013
    @gollywollypog :) Requested to follow you on IG! Thanks!

TTC#1 since May 2011

• I weigh the same as I did a few days PP. My biggest problem is my diet, or lack thereof, so good for you for doing the vegan route. I'm sure it's hard, but I'm sure you must feel better healthwise, right? SO has been on a no-carb diet for pretty much three months and says he feels awesome, has more energy, and when he eats carbs, he feels like absolute shit.

What do you do for a living? Are you planning on a #2?
    I work in advertising/marketing. I have no idea on #2. DH is all, hells yeah! And I am like, let me think about it. :)
    TTC#1 since May 2011

• I was a lurker back then but I remember your siggy
    BabyFruit Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • How is he doing with his helmet?
    imagethe-dude-with-a-white-russian
  • rainedrops117rainedrops117 member
    edited August 2013
    Hi there. I remember your SN bc my assistants name is Ali (spelled the same). I too had polyhydramnios with two of my pregnancies. Including this last time. The earlier born at 31 wks, and then this last time going full term. I. Was. Miserable. but all turned out well.

Oddly I stopped nursing at 5.5 months but I'm still lactating. So I blame the hormones for the excess weight staying on. :)

Good to see you back.
    SMOOCHES FOR ALL!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"