August 2012 Moms
Options

Almost 1 year and still pumping!!!

So dd turns 1 in a week and a half. I bf for the first 6 months, then she went on strike and ive been pumping ever since. I was so determined to get her to a year on breastmilk and im going to hit my goal!!! It hasnt been easy but am very proud. Yay for me (pat on the back). She never had any formula!

Anyone else reach a difficult goal?

Re: Almost 1 year and still pumping!!!

• Options
    Yep! What a great feeling. DS is still drinking half BM half WCM to finish off the freezer stash. Good job on finishing your goal...it's a lot of work and dedication!
  • Options
    That's amazing! Glad it has worked out for you. I pumped for 3.5 months and it was challenging.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Good for you! I made it until last week EPing, then threw in the towel. It is an awesome feeling to know that you did it for so long though!
    A12 Sig Challenge - Favorite Fall Show!
    SCANDAL!

• Options
    Toni79Toni79 member

Yeah!  Congrats!

I'm also patting myself on the back!  DD will be 1 yr on Aug 6 ... so less than a week!  OMG!  I've been BFing and pumping (at work) for almost a year!  And DD never had any formula - I was prepaired to use it if I needed to.

There were times that I wasn't sure if I could keep it up!  But I am so glad I've reached my goal. 

My next goal ... I'd like to keep BFing on demand when we are together (am, pm, weekends).

My Journey to Motherhood
    Me 36, DH 42
    7.5 years of TTC ... It never gets any easier.

Baby Girl # 1
    TTC Since January 2009
    Reproductive Endocrinologist diagnosed us "Unexplained Infertility".
    After 3 years . . . 3 IUIs . . . and 3 IVFs . . . our miracle GIRL arrived on August 6, 2012.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Girl # 2
    TTC Since June 2013
    Got pregnant on our own without Fertility Treatments - January 2016!  Thank you snow storm Jonas!
    EDD 10/15/16
    At 20-week anatomy scan found IUGR (Intrauterine Growth Restriction), and very low Amniotic Fluid.  Now, I'm High Risk and have weekly ultrasounds to monitor fluid and growth.  If baby runs out of room or is too growth restricted, they will deliver ASAP.  My current goal is to make it to 28 weeks!   

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Congrats on meeting your goal!

imageimage
  • Options
    amaiteamaite member
    Yes. Ds will also be 1 year in a week and a half, and I'm still eping. He has had formula because we need to fortify all the breast milk with elecare. It has been difficult, especially since I've had to follow such a restrictive diet. I've added soy back in and it seems to be going well, so soon we will try dairy. I'm still having to avoid nuts, eggs, and all other legumes. I plan to wean shortly after 1 year, once we've had a good window to do the dairy challenge, unless we get the go ahead for me to reintro some of those other foods. He's having blood work next week for allergies, so I should know shortly.
  • Options
    I have made my goal!  :)  I wanted to make 6 months and then that came and I went for the year.  So proud of myself!  And of YOU! 

Mom of 2 monkeys and 1 on the way!
           Christian12/06, Liam 08/12, Monkey #3 10/10 

• Options
    Congrats!!!  Its amazing that you lasted this long.  You should be very proud!! :D
    DS1: 8/2012 <3 DS2  8/2017 <3 DS3 10/2018 

• Options
    What an accomplishment! Congrats!! 
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Options
    Congrats!
    LO will be 1 on Aug 27th and that is my goal. I've EP'ed this whole time and I can't wait to be done. I'm starting to slowly wean now, I'm down to 3 pump sessions a day.
  • Options
    I stopped pumping the week after DS turned 1. He was a premie in the NICU when I started pumping and he never took to the breast, so that meant I pumped exclusively for 12 months and 1 week.
    I originally didn't plan in breastfeeding or pumping, but changed my mind when he landed in NICU and then I just kept going. It's strange how things work out sometimes.

imageLilypie Premature Baby tickersimage

imageimage

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    You deserve a gold medal, seriously! So awesome you kept it up.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! Its great hearing from others who know how hard it is sometimes. Hubby doesnt understand. Cant wait to not have to pump at work anymore!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"