December 2013 Moms

Nub theory?

Good morning ladies :) I've never heard of the nub theory until last night. I did hijack the OP with a pic but something was going on re: karma! Anyway, just wondered if anyone wanted to help distract me from over thinking my a/s next week and see if you can tell from this 15 week u/s whether we'll be team pink or blue? :)

Re: Nub theory?

• I go by skull theory. So Team Pink :)
  • Ooooh what's that? Strange, cause I think it's a girl but everyone else says its a boy cause its like I've got a little football up my top and not put on weight anywhere else.
  • Loading the player...
  • It's all for fun  :D
  • Yeah course, won't know for absolute definite until it pops out I guess. Is helping to stop me thinking about next week though. I'm a worrier and its hard not to think what if something's wrong, so trying to stay positive and keep myself distracted by pink/blue theories :)
  • Fizzy8 said:
    Yeah course, won't know for absolute definite until it pops out I guess. Is helping to stop me thinking about next week though. I'm a worrier and its hard not to think what if something's wrong, so trying to stay positive and keep myself distracted by pink/blue theories :)
    I've been trying to distract myself also, I've got all 4 of my scans and debating whether its a boy or girl. I'm worrying as Club Feet runs in DH family, and even though all his siblings had the surgery and are ok now as adults, it's still a huge worry at the back of my mind! Being alone with two crazy cats doesn't help either!
  • I'd say girl, but it's very hard to tell. Nub theory said girl for us at our NT scan, the same u/s tech was very surprised to find boy at our a/s. he mentioned that in his experience it's been correct a large majority of the time.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Ahh I bet you are, it's only natural to worry though. I keep telling SO that this scan isn't just to find out the sex, it's really to check development, he doesn't seem at all worried, don't know if that's a man thing or if he's trying to comfort me? Not long now though, 1 week today and we'll both know of we have healthy baby boys/girls :)
  • My DH is the same as yours then, cool as a cucumber, he just wants to know if we are having Chelsea's next star striker lol! I know, i feel like we are the last ones to find out!
  • I've been doing loads of quizzes and looking up different methods, they all say different things! The wait feels like foreverrrrr, it's driving me nuts! 8-}
  • MEP923MEP923 member
    I have no idea how correct it is. Our OB guessed boy off of it at 11 weeks and he was right.

imageimage

• MEP923 said:

I have no idea how correct it is. Our OB guessed boy off of it at 11 weeks and he was right.

Wow as early as that! Congrats on your baby boy :)
    I can't tell what I'm supposed to be looking at :/

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iffd_gjLB8 

Here hun, my mum sent me this ages ago :)
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iffd_gjLB8 

Here hun, my mum sent me this ages ago :)
  • Your welcome, well one of us will be right lol

Here's our baby blowing bubbles at 12 weeks :) 
  • Ahhh how cute :)
    I can't stop looking at that video, it depends which line I look at on the picture! Changed my mind from girl to boy and back again about 10 times in the last 5 mins! Ah well, guess I'll just have to wait and see X_X
  • The nub theory isn't accurate at 15 weeks; it's only accurate based on the genital tuber, which starts to disappear and becomes either a penis or clitoris around the end of 13-14 weeks. 15 weeks is too late for the nub theory but often too early for definitive "potty shot" guesses (though some places will try).

There's no nub in the picture, anyway. 

Unfortunately you'll have to wait a bit longer!
    I was thinking that! That explains it! You can't see anything in my earlier pictures either :(
    I'm just so excited to know, next weds feels like a whole eternity away!
  • frankierokxfrankierokx member
    edited July 2013
    Only 7 more sleeps :) 
  • Sleep? What's that? Haha
  • Haha I'd have a better nights sleep if I could get on my tummy!
  • MEP923MEP923 member
    The nub theory isn't accurate at 15 weeks; it's only accurate based on the genital tuber, which starts to disappear and becomes either a penis or clitoris around the end of 13-14 weeks. 15 weeks is too late for the nub theory but often too early for definitive "potty shot" guesses (though some places will try).

There's no nub in the picture, anyway. 

Unfortunately you'll have to wait a bit longer!
    Yea, I should have really added to my first post that the doctor said it was just a guess at that point. Then he said the same thing at 16 weeks, it was still just a guess because he said sometimes you can still see a nub that early and it winds up being a girl. He said at both appointments don't go buying blue or anything like that. I asked him about the theory of  determining sex by which side the baby is implanted in early ultrasound pics, he said that is made up by somebody trying to make money.

imageimage

• I don't see a nub in your pic like PP said and I can't find a really good link that explains it. I will keep looking and post it if I find it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

• Good luck with the nub theory.   I had a perfect shot of my babies nub at 12 weeks.  I analyzed boy and girl nubs for a few hours and they all look the same.
     BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby GIRL due 12/26
  • Fizzy8 said:
    Yeah course, won't know for absolute definite until it pops out I guess. Is helping to stop me thinking about next week though. I'm a worrier and its hard not to think what if something's wrong, so trying to stay positive and keep myself distracted by pink/blue theories :)
    I've been trying to distract myself also, I've got all 4 of my scans and debating whether its a boy or girl. I'm worrying as Club Feet runs in DH family, and even though all his siblings had the surgery and are ok now as adults, it's still a huge worry at the back of my mind! Being alone with two crazy cats doesn't help either!
    frankie: just wanted to throw out there that I understand your worry. My ds had clubbed feet. We went through all the treatments and he still wears his brace at night. It was nerve wracking at first, but once we started treatment it really wasn't too bad. At it definitely didn't slow him down any. He crawled at 6 months and was full blown walking at 10 months. He never even noticed his casts or brace as he was so used to them. And the day after his surgery he was back to normal, like nothing had ever happened.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Thanks everyone :) I'm just soooo impatient, I want to know like yesterday if we're pink or blue! I've been looking at all sorts if theories and doing quizzes all day. Only way is to wait until next weds I suppose :(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"