May 2013 Moms

Vaccines, Eating, & Sleeping

My DD had her vaccines today (poor little bugger) and as expected she was not a happy camper this evening and was a little extra sleepy.

She nursed 5 times today and also had 1 bottle of breast milk. Normally DD nurses about 9 times a day (she cluster feeds from 4pm-10pm).

She was super sleepy after I gave her some Tylenol so I put her down at about 9:30pm. She last ate at 8:30pm and I'm a little worried she didn't get enough to eat today.

So my question is, should I wake her up in the MOTN if she doesn't on her own to feed her or should I just let her sleep? I know there is a good chance she will wake up on her own either because she is hungry or because her Tylenol wears off. I'm just afraid she should have eaten more. WWYD?

Re: Vaccines, Eating, & Sleeping

• Vaccines took a lot out of Abbie and after a hard time gettin her down after them she slept A LOT over the next 24hrs. I would let her sleep. She'll let you know when she's hungry.
  • ALP514ALP514 member
    i had asked my pedi similar questions and was told to let her sleep. The vaccines wear them out and it is normal for them to be extra sleepy and off schedule for a day or two. My LO slept alot more and ate less as well for about 2 days and on the 3rd day she cluster fed more then usual to make up for what she missed.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks for the responses! I felt bad putting her to bed but she was so tired. I guess I'll just take her lead :)
  • My baby, A, got her shots yesterday. She slept most of the last 24 hours. I would offer to feed her as she slept which worked. She would be awaje enough to eat a few minutes then back soundly asleep. I just felt so bad for her, I'm glad it's done for now.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"