Baby Names

If DH loves Colton, he might also like...?

After I thought we were meeting halfway at Archer, DH brought up Colton again. He loves this name b/c it's very masculine, easy to say & spell, and has the nn Colt. I actually like the sound of the name, but vetoed it for two reasons:
1. I hate the connotations that go with it. I don't mind a hint of a Country/Western feel, but all I can think of is guns, beer, and horses.
2. I really don't want such a popular name. Colton and all it's variants are in or near the top 100.

Can you think of any less common names that have the same sound or feel, but don't scream cowboy? TIA!
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: If DH loves Colton, he might also like...?

• I actually love Cole- what about that?

Wyatt, Rhett, Dean, Lucas, Weston, Wesley, Stuart, Bradley, Grady, Holdon
    Loss #1 2008, Loss #2 2010, Loss #3 2011, Loss #4 2012, Loss #5 2012
    Loss #6 2014 Loss #7 (chemical) 2014

~DS Born! 2009~
    ~DD Born! 2013~
    ~DD due! 2015~

• Colton is very "blah" to me. I do unfortunately get a hillbilly vibe but that's because of personal connections to the name. I'm of no help, I adore Archer.

Other suggestions-

Cole, Brady, Holden, Weston, Brenden, Jameson
    Dx PCOS 09/12
    Married my best friend 10/12/12
    TTC 1 since 10/12
    NTNP Fall 2013 to focus on a healthier lifestyle
    Anniversary

• Loading the player...
  • Colton is very "blah" to me. I do unfortunately get a hillbilly vibe but that's because of personal connections to the name. I'm of no help, I adore Archer.

Other suggestions-

Cole, Brady, Holden, Weston, Brenden, Jameson

Haha, thanks! I was liking Archer, too...

BTW, go Ravens! This LO is a Super Bowl baby, lol. ;)

• PP suggestion of Wesley gets my vote. It fits your DH's parameters of easy to say and spell, masculine and good nn: Wes. It works with your hint of country without screaming cowboy.
  • Wesley or Weston, Bryce, Lance, Wyatt, Cooper, Jameson
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I think there are strong, masculine names that don't have to be so obvious.

I was also going to suggest Wesley.  Other suggestions: Andrew (Drew), Desmond, Elias, Gabriel, Miles, Malcolm, Quinn. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers   
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers  Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• I like Colton, and it doesn't seem that country to me. I LOVE Cole for a boys name. There's also Cooper, by it might be too popular for what you're looking for.
  • Belle3184 said:

I like Colton, and it doesn't seem that country to me. I LOVE Cole for a boys name. There's also Cooper, by it might be too popular for what you're looking for.

I think it's because "colt" is literally the name of a gun, a beer, and a horse, lol. I could deal with one or two references, but three...
    We actually like Cooper, but yes it's definitely too popular. I'm a teacher and a child from the 80's with a "Jessica" type of name. I'm avoiding the top 100, at least. :) Thanks!
  • Ohh I'm liking pp suggestion of Malcolm. My first thought was also Wyatt. I know a Wylan (though they might have made it up). Tristan, Brenton, Tyson, Zane?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • WolFoxWolFox member
    Yeah, I have to agree with NOT liking Colt... the guy who sold us my car's name was Colt and although he was a great guy, I kept thinking of a horse... 

I like Cole, but it doesn't feel like a full name, but that's generally how I feel about any one syllable boys name so I'm biased. 

I do like a lot of the other names listed by some of the women above. 
  • TRS48TRS48 member
    Aww I love Colt! What about Cole? I like all the names suggested :) Guess I like the rugged/American names :)

• Belle3184 said:

I like Colton, and it doesn't seem that country to me. I LOVE Cole for a boys name. There's also Cooper, by it might be too popular for what you're looking for.

I think it's because "colt" is literally the name of a gun, a beer, and a horse, lol. I could deal with one or two references, but three...
    We actually like Cooper, but yes it's definitely too popular. I'm a teacher and a child from the 80's with a "Jessica" type of name. I'm avoiding the top 100, at least. :) Thanks!
    I feel like archer is getting pretty popular too.
    I know! My FAVE name isn't in the top 1000. Archer is 404, but definitely on the rise. That's part of why it was our compromise name.
  • Maybe Clayton with the nn Clay. I also really like Wesley.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"