November 2012 Moms

Ummm ok...

So DH and I just got into it over the freaking amber necklace. I want to put it around LO ankle with a sock over it. DH said its too dangerous. So we got all huffy with each other and now are sitting in silence. I don't see a safety risk really.... Not around his ankle with a sock. But DH thinks all he'd have to do it take his sock off and then the necklace and put it in his mouth... I put 2 socks on and it was tight enough that there's no way he can get those off.
So now I'm stuck with nighttime wake ups now because DH won't let me leave it on his ankle.
Thoughts?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Pregnancy Ticker
imageimage

Re: Ummm ok...

• That sucks!

DH puts his foot down about safety things sometimes, too.  I don't always agree/think it's that big of a deal, but I usually just go with it to encourage his safety-consciousness.  However, I know you need some sleep tonight!  (I'm off to bed now, hopefully for the next 8 hours, FX!!)

Do you have footie pjs?  Would those be ok? 

"A new baby is like the beginning of all things--wonder, hope, a dream of possibilities."

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• That sucks!

DH puts his foot down about safety things sometimes, too.  I don't always agree/think it's that big of a deal, but I usually just go with it to encourage his safety-consciousness.  However, I know you need some sleep tonight!  (I'm off to bed now, hopefully for the next 8 hours, FX!!)

Do you have footie pjs?  Would those be ok? 

I think he'd be ok with footy pjs but its so hot here sometimes! And now that I think of it, I don't even have any in his size. Maybe I can get some lighter weight ones tomorrow.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • beane4018 said:

Let him deal with the night wake ups?

He offered. That isn't the point. He's only up once which is fine. But for me if it really relieves his pain I hate to see him have to go through that in the MOTN. I just talked to him about footed pjs and he won't let me do that either.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    imageimage
  • Footed PJ's for sure. It's hard when parents don't see eye to eye but at least you know he has LOs best interest in mind. The chances of him taking his socks off are unlikely but I have to agree that footed PJs would be a better choice (for us anyway because O does looove to pull her socks off). I can definitely understand you being excited to use it and not wanting him to be in pain. I'd be the same way.

• No to the footed PJs as well, @Hummingbirdbaby3? I can understand his worry about the necklace and socks (although I agree with you - if baby is in less pain and the risks are low, I'd keep the necklace on), but not vetoing the necklace under footie PJs.  I hope you guys can come to a reasonable agreement!

No footed pjs either. Makes no sense to me. He just won't go for it.

Pregnancy Ticker
    imageimage
  • I talked to DH this morning. After sleeping on it, if I had felt strongly about something safety related, I'd want DH to respect that. And so, we will not be using it at night, in any capacity. I guess I never really thought it could be an issue especially around the ankle with socks. I was so obsessed with the fact that I saw a change in him that I couldn't imagine not using it at night... But, thank God I have a DH that cares so much. It takes two huh?! Thanks for the input ladies. We will be enjoying the amber necklace during the day only, and I've also decided I don't want him wearing it in the car when I can't see him or get to him.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"