March 2014 Moms

In a stranger's bed

DH and I have a king size bed, but there's not much room so it is pushed into the corner of our room and has a foot board, so you can only get on/off on one side. Normally, I sleep against the wall. Last night I convinced him to switch sides because climbing over him a hundred times a night to pee was getting irritating. I figured I might as well get used to it because I won't want to climb over him when I'm huge.

It was awful! I couldn't get comfortable and kept waking up wondering where I was. It was almost like being in a hotel. Weirdest thing ever. I never thought my own bed would feel so strange.

Has anyone else switched sides before? It feels so wrong, haha.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: In a stranger's bed

• I always sleep on the left side of the bed, even when we're not home. I totally get it! It's "my" side!
  • Yes, I know what you mean. At one point, we had switched sides for a little bit, but we eventually changed back.

imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • hjw101hjw101 member
    We haven't ever switched sides. However when DH is gone for work I find myself sleeping diagonally across the bed.

imageimage

• We always switch sides ( like once or twice a year) just so we don't get to usted to it lol. It's good for you apparently ... So my MIL says
  • Totally relate to you on this one.  I always sleep on the left side. No matter where we are.  And when I switch I am tossing and turning all night long.
    imageimage

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Totally know what you are saying here.. Although, I kinda like the switch... when I was single I remember occasionally sleeping with my feet at the head of the bed and my head at the foot.. just to feel the difference.. I hate that our room is so small that I can't put the bed anywhere other than where it is.. this apartment sucks.. Anyways, I have always enjoyed changing a room around just for the "feeling new" aspect.

BFP #1 10/02/06, EDD 5/1/07 Natural Miscarriage 1 week after BFP

BFP #2 3/28/07, EDD 11/19/07 Natural Miscarriage 2 weeks after BFP

BFP #3 1/16/11, 1st U/S - 1/28/11 HR 132bpm, Missed Miscarriage- 2/28/11, D&C 3/8/11 

March 2011, diagnosed with MTHFR gene mutation

"Dear Lord, I would have loved to have held my babies on my lap and tell them about You, but since I didn't get the chance, would You please hold them on Your lap and tell them about me?

BFP #4 6/26/13, EDD 3/8/14, Delivered @ 40w6d
    Bethany Elizabeth born on 3/14/14 @ 6:48am weighing almost 8lbs 1oz and measuring 20 1/2 inches.

• babycaps said:

we used to swtich up, but now the right side (when looking at the bed from the foot of the bed) is all mine.  We have a queen and I find myself hoarding the blankets.  But we hated the king bed and always complain when we have kings in hotels.  We like to sleep cuddled up I guess....but not so much lately bc at night I get really warm....unlike during the day!

I am a total blanket hoarder too. We had a full when we got married and it was terrible. One of us was constantly getting elbowed in the face, haha. So we went for the king. It's not as cuddly, but there is less bodily damage.
  • I cannot switch sides. Completely messes with me. Hope you find a more comfortable way for this 9mo journey!

Elonah [3], Bentley [1]

BabyFruit Ticker
  • LOL! I tried one night because he side is firmer & I was having back issues. I couldn't even sleep there. His side is next to the windows & something about sleeping right by windows freaks me out. Even when he's gone for work, I stick to my side of the bed. 

Me: IR-PCOS, elevated DHEAs, low progesterone, weak ovulation  DH: low volume, low T
    SHG 5/10/13: both tubes blocked; HSG 6/28 = Left tube cleared! Right blocked.
    BFP#1 7/20/13 EDD 3/30/14, m/c 8/19/13, D&E 8/21/13, Chromosomal results = normal, female
    Lap & hysteroscopy scheduled for 10/31, right tube cleared, no endo found! ...Happy Halloween!
    Cycle 14: Clomid (50)+ IUI = BFP! EDD 9/16/14~ Rowan Elizabeth born sleeping at 17w4d on 4/12/14 due to IC.
    ~There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world~
    New RE June 2014. RPL b/w - negative. SIS looking for uterine/cervical abnormalities & Asherman's 6/10/14 - ALL CLEAR!  
    Cycle 16: Natural IUI = CP, Cycle 17: Femara (2.5) + IUI = BFN, Cycle 18 Femara (5) + IUI = BFFN, Cycle 19: Break
    Cycle 20: Clomid (50)+ IUI = BFP EDD 6/20, transvaginal cerclage 12/19, Carson Quinn born sleeping at 16w3d on 1/6/15 due to IC
    Phone consult with Dr. Haney (Univ of Chicago) for transabdominal cercalge scheduled for 2/9/15.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams."
    image image imageimage 
  • MadApple said:
    I always sleep on the side of the bed that is furthest from the bedroom door. Each time we have moved, my side of the bed has changed. When we stay in a hotel or at someone's house, I sleep on whichever side is further away from the door. It's a weird subconscious thing that my H pointed out a few years ago.

ETA: I also always sleep on the side of my body that will face me toward the edge of the bed.
    I do the exact same thing!  When we lived in our apartment I slept against the wall, farthest from the door which was the left side of the bed.  In our house we have our king bed centered in the room and I sleep on the right side of the bed, farthest from the door.  I always do the exact thing in hotels as well.  I also always sleep facing toward the edge of the bed too.  My husband would tell me it's a security issue. Lol

Wife & Full Time Step Mama to an incredible boy! =)
    First Date.. March 11, 2010  Engaged...August 09, 2011   Married...August 11, 2012    BFP...July 21, 2013
    E.D.D... March 31, 2014

BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

• I slept the same way up against the wall. Our babys crib only fit on dhs side so I had to switch with him. I got used to it. makes things easier to take care of baby and pee constantly
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"