December 2012 Moms

Kisses and hugs

Hey guys. I see a lot of you posting about your LO's giving big open mouthed kisses or hugging a stuffed animal. When did your LO's start doing that and did you have to teach them? I ask because my DD doesn't do this but I kiss her and hug her and cuddle her all the time. She is also not waving and doesn't show any signs of trying. She is super independent so maybe this is why she isn't affectionate but I get so jealous reading about your LO's cuddles. Can I do something to teach her? She is 7mo 1wk (sorry about the siggy sans DD, i haven't updated since I was pregnant). Thanks for the advice in advance.
photo DSC_7607-Version2_zps4129cb9d.jpg funny gifs

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Kisses and hugs

• Well my LO gives "kisses" which really amount to her trying to stick her tongue in your mouth or licking you. I don't think that qualifies as a kiss but in my book it does lol. If you put anything near her mouth, that's the result you get! She has no clue it's a kiss.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFetus Ticker
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Loading the player...
  • DD grabs my face and pulls it towards her open mouth. I call these kisses because I am continually saying "kiss kiss" when I kiss her and now when I ask if I can have a kiss she does this. Good luck!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BFP#1 on 02/14/09 BIRTH to Mason 6lb9oz on 10/12/09

BFP#2 on 5/28/11 EDD 2/1/12 Natural M/C on 6/13/11

BFP#3 on 1/20/12 EDD 9/30/12 Natural m/c on 1/27/12

BFP#4 on 4/23/12 BIRTH to Isabella 7lb1oz on 12/19/12

• DD grabs my face and pulls it towards her open mouth. I call these kisses because I am continually saying "kiss kiss" when I kiss her and now when I ask if I can have a kiss she does this. Good luck!

This, it's pretty slobbery. She also licks faces. As far as hugs, she does them to me every time she wakes, when she needs comfort, or when she's excited. She has one or two "babies", stuffed dolls, that she sometimes hugs. Usually she only will if I put it in front of her and say "aw Milla's baby."
    I know my nephew took a while to hug, but he's super sweet now. Some babies just don't care about that.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

imageimageimage
  • My lo does it off and on, mainly off.  But when she does it's open mouth.  The other day she lunged at me open mouth and just put her lips on my cheek.  
  • My LO doesn't really kiss, just tries to suck on our face, especially our noses. He doesn't cuddle much, not with me anyway unless he's really tired. And the only 'hugs' I get is when he's really excited and grabs my shoulders, it's really cute. He does like to cuddle his noise maker at night though, he plays with it before going to bed and then he holds/cuddles it while falling asleep, it's precious. He's just always on the go/roll, no time for cuddles, hugs or kisses lol
  • Hi,I wouldn't stress about it too much at all. My DD was not what you would call an affectionate baby. She is 10 now and very sweet and huggy. Like PP's said, Connor gives open mouth "kisses". The only person he will do it every time when asked is my DD. He loves her to pieces. I get them sometimes,and Daddy rarely,but in fairness Daddy's beard tickles. 

imageimage

• DD doesn't hug or kiss. 7 months is pretty early to be doing those things so I wouldn't worry about. She has waved to Dh's great aunt but no one else. I think it's because she liked her pretty jewelry. She wears A LOT of it.
    Ivy: July 2010  |  Stella: Dec 2012  |  BFP#3: MMC at 11Wk's, July 2017 | Wyatt: April 2019 | BFP#5: Twin Girls due Sept 2020

• BabyBsOvenBabyBsOven member
    edited August 2013
    Thanks guys. I thought we were behind :) Good to know it will be coming
    photo DSC_7607-Version2_zps4129cb9d.jpg funny gifs

Lilypie Maternity tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"