April 2014 Moms

Anyone still nursing?

I'm still nursing my 18 month old. My nips were sore for a few days but have been fine since. Maybe it was just teething, who knows. Anyone else?

Re: Anyone still nursing?

• Yes, me! My DS is 11 mo and still nursing frequently, so I'm kind of nervous. The second I found out i was preg he's been kind of fickle and more restless at the breast, except at night. Still nursing though. I'd like to nurse through this pregnancy and go on to tandem nurse if possible since he's so young. Glad it's still going good for you! Hopefully no more soreness! Are you planning on letting him continue to nurse the whole pregnancy?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • There was a post about this a few days ago. I'm still nursing my (almost) 17-month-old. I'd like to wean before #2 comes, but DS is very attached to the boob. We'll see how it goes. I like bf-ing and I'm not in a rush to stop.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • DS loves the boob.  He'll be 2 next Friday...and that's when he's getting cut off.  I can't believe we've nursed this long.  

• I am nursing my daughter who will be 3 in a few days :)
  • I'm not, but with my 2nd I was.  My OB wanted me to stop by 20 weeks due to the risk of preterm labor.  I think I would have been fine to continue after 20 weeks but my DD started weaning and I honestly wanted a little break before starting back up.  I do remember my nips being sore for a few days, though.  
    DSC_2211

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Yea, ill let her continue. She really only nurses at night at this point, randomly during the day. I never in a million years thought id tandem nurse but this little lady loves her "boops" and I cant see her giving it up any time soon.
  • I am still nursing a demanding two and a half year old. I will continue as long as she wants to, though I think tandem nursing will be uniquely challenging given how tired I get with just one :)
  • I am!  Just found out we're expecting #2 today (haven't even told my DH yet) and DS is 9 months old and still nursing pretty frequently.  I'm hoping to keep it up at least until he's a year but I feel like my supply is going to tank. Anyone have any suggestions for how to keep it up?

Mom of 2 little gentlemen and one more on the way

image         image

• Just keep nursing on demand and drink a lot of water!
  • I am still nursing my 17 mo old 2-3 times a day (pretty sure it's purely for comfort at this point).  Even though I love it, I'm really hoping she will self-wean during this pregnancy as I'm not sure I'm up for tandem nursing. 
    DD 2/21/2012 & DS 4/1/2014
  • Yes! Still nursing my 2.5-year old. My nipples got sore which was my first clue something was up. He actually nursed through my third pregnancy which ended at 19 weeks in March due to a MMC. I never really lost my milk then but I can already tell now that it's almost nil. He switches sides constantly and never does that. Here's to tandem nursing! *It's considered tandem if you're nursing while pregnant so go us!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"